Shiny2 Distribution System

I just tried adjusting my DS WiFi settings, but it turns out I can't connect to WiFi with my router because I have WPA security, not WEP. ...But I can still connect to WiFi in the game? :confused:

The 3DS might override the DS settings if the DS settings can't work. I don't know man. -shrugs- I don't own a 3DS to test it out. All I'm aware of is that you need to adjust the DS settings for it to work. When I get a 3DS, well, if I get a 3DS, I'll see what I can do. Until then, though, you're unfortunately on your own. I can only offer suggestions. Try temporarily disabling your router security and try again with your DS settings. If they work, then perhaps that might be what you need, otherwise I think the 3DS might just give a connection without the ability to modify the options, which would be horribly stupid programming on nintendo's part. :/

Receiving might be borked in the latest version, I can't remember.

Your 3DS needs to have the DS Wifi Options adjusted, not the regular WiFi options adjusted. I found this out second hand from somebody else.

im not so sure about the 3ds vs dsi options, because i just adjusted my 3ds optuions and everything works fine. but then agaiin, i am using external ip as DNS, so that may have a hand in it.

im not so sure about the 3ds vs dsi options, because i just adjusted my 3ds optuions and everything works fine. but then agaiin, i am using external ip as DNS, so that may have a hand in it.

Ah see. I have no idea honestly. I'm just guessing. It still technically shouldn't have a problem if you use an internal IP address since it still routes to the proper location. Now it falls on their firewall on either their router (Port forwarding), or something on their computer, whether it be a firewall or another program that utilizes port 80.

I reset my router's security entirely so it's password free. I set up my DS stuff the exact same way as my 3DS, Shiny2 says everything is good to go.... But I sent Psyduck to GTS, asked for a level 100 Psyduck in return, she was sent, and my computer STILL didn't receive it. Dele, could you explain how you got yours set up?

I reset my router's security entirely so it's password free. I set up my DS stuff the exact same way as my 3DS, Shiny2 says everything is good to go.... But I sent Psyduck to GTS, asked for a level 100 Psyduck in return, she was sent, and my computer STILL didn't receive it. Dele, could you explain how you got yours set up?

are you sure you sent it to the correct GTS?

your DS internet settings should have the DNS to manual, and you need to enter your IP address, which you can find at findmyip.

you should also make sure your ports are open via your router, or ISP, ports 80 and 53.

make sure you have only 1 internet connection setting saved.

I am absolutely not sure I sent it to the correct GTS. All I know to do is to go to a Pokecenter, go talk to the lady on the right on the second floor, pick "Global Trade," then GTS.

The IP address I found through findmyip said it was 74.196.163.224. The IPv6 I found through ipconfig was 196.168.1.100, and I used that one.

I have no idea how to check those ports, and every time I try using that port checking site I get an error that says my connection timed out.

I can delete the other two on my 3DS, which is probably the simplest fix out of all my problems. :P

I am absolutely not sure I sent it to the correct GTS. All I know to do is to go to a Pokecenter, go talk to the lady on the right on the second floor, pick "Global Trade," then GTS.

The IP address I found through findmyip said it was 74.196.163.224. The IPv6 I found through ipconfig was 196.168.1.100, and I used that one.

I have no idea how to check those ports, and every time I try using that port checking site I get an error that says my connection timed out.

I can delete the other two on my 3DS, which is probably the simplest fix out of all my problems. :P

You should be using your IPv4 Adress.

If the port check tool timed out, the ports might be blocked after all.

Also, deleting other connection settings is usually the easiest fix!

I'm going to start over from scratch. Just so I know I'm not doing something totally wrong somewhere down the line, here's what I have so far:

For my 3DS and DS WiFi connections, they're both set to auto-obtain IP addresses. I manually entered the DNS for both to be 192.168.0.1. I don't have a secondary DNS (or I don't know where/how to find it) so I put in the same one. Proxy is set to Do Not Use, and MTU is set to 1400. (The latter two are 3DS only.) Both connection tests run positive.

On Shiny2, I entered my IP address as what's in the red box here:

2dt5a13.jpg

I set the first tab to Receive Black and White into a folder I made on my desktop. The messages I receive when I start GTS and DNS state that everything should be green.

In White 2, I talk to the person circled in the picture:

261donl.jpg

(Taken from Google, so mine isn't in Japanese, I'm a boy, not talking to Bianca, etc.)

I select Global Trade -> GTS -> Trade -> Save: Yes -> Connect to Wifi: Yes -> Deposit Pokemon

Here, I select Psyduck, and I say I want a level 100 Psyduck of either gender. The game says it's "Checking GTS's status..." and then that Psyduck will be offered. I go back to the GTS main menu, and my options are now Summary, Seek Pokemon, and Quit. On my computer, Shiny 2 has made no acknowledgement that I have done anything. GTS and DNS are still running, but the statistics section says 0 Pokemon have been received, and my folder remains empty.

This is what happens every time I try to do this. :( Have I done something wrong? Is this because I haven't opened the ports? How do I even open these ports??

Okay! I got my beefed up Psyduck back, and using Pokegen I just hit randomize EV and IV until I saw stats I liked... This should make sure it's legal, right?

And will I always wind up with an extra version of the Pokemon I sent?

Not necessarily...there's a long story as to why that probably won't. But yes, Shiny2 tells the game the Pokemon file was rejected even though it actually was accepted.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I' having problems setting this up.

23:37: The GTS server has failed to initialize! Are your ports blocked?

23:37: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)

at gts.Gts.Start()

What should i do? I already portforwarded

Hey, great application, keep it up! I thought all hope was lost when ir-gts was discontinued.

However, I keep getting a variety of error messages when trying to distribute or recieve. The most common is that my ds says "communication error 13275" and the last thing that's in the log is "Sent x bytes of data to x.x.x.x!" However, the application also occasionally crashes, or my ds also occasionally blue screens.

Do you have remedies for any of them? Thank you for looking!

Edited by m33rkat

I did now but it says

The GTS server has failed to initialize! Are your ports blocked?

without the other error...

what should i do??

The error message more or less explains where the problem is. You're probably running something that is using the same ports as GTS. Apache, maybe? Try to restart your system with such services turned off, then run the GTS again.

I had some problems getting this set up initially, for exactly the same reasons as armourine. I checked what ports were in use as per Killov's advice (using "netstat -a -b" from an admin command prompt). It turns out Skype, of all things, listens on port 80. I shut down Skype and bingo...GTS initialised and everything worked.

The error message more or less explains where the problem is. You're probably running something that is using the same ports as GTS. Apache, maybe? Try to restart your system with such services turned off, then run the GTS again.

Didn't really know what my problem was, so i switched to another computer and its working flawlessly now.. haha