Shiny2 Distribution System

Ok now it isn't letting me connect to the GTS at all. I have the DNS set up correctly as it was working before. The DNS log just has

14:30: Incoming data from 192.168.0.8!

I've tried using the program on lan ip and external ip, and also changed DS's DNS to both local and external to match the computer. Neither is working and DS just returns error code 52100. The program isn't blocked by firewall and all the port forwarding is correct. As I said it worked prior to this update apart from the other bug

Ok now it isn't letting me connect to the GTS at all. I have the DNS set up correctly as it was working before. The DNS log just has

I've tried using the program on lan ip and external ip, and also changed DS's DNS to both local and external to match the computer. Neither is working and DS just returns error code 52100. The program isn't blocked by firewall and all the port forwarding is correct. As I said it worked prior to this update apart from the other bug

...I might have screwed up the DNS by accidentally patching something. I'll look into it tonight. I'm terribly sorry.

can you repost the old version please

The original ShinyGTS and DTS can be found by browsing the Miscellaneous section; it exists, trust me. I did not delete it, just simply request the thread to not be a sticky. Rayth, I'm still going through the code, don't see anything off hand that'd indicate a problem.

I can't even think what would cause anything like what has been happening. It seems like its connecting, then the ds signal bar goes red, gives me error 52100 and kicks me off

In the DNS code I think I reversed a certain call that would cause the system to stop responding under certain circumstances. I haven't seen it yet...but I'm still looking.

• 2 weeks later...
Any word on this working again yet?
Doesn't work for me neither
I also can't seem to get the new version up and running. I am using the original release from a few weeks ago. Here is a mirror if anyone wants to use it in the meantime.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1270867/Shiny2.zip

I assume it starts up, but then the DNS has issues. It's gotta be in one of the routines. I have some free time right now so I'm going to take a quick look at it.

I also haven't had any problems with this release randomly crashing on Windows 7 x64. The original would stop responding about once every 12 hours, requiring a restart but this one has been pretty solid so far. *knocks on wood*

That problem was actually fixed in the previous release. It was a silly problem that sometimes would take out the system, and sometimes wouldn't, very strange. But it was patched as well, so all should be well. I'm going to update the main post with the new version now.

Sounds awesome, thanks for the continued development formlesstree! :kikkoman:

No problem, it's a useful tool, so why not continue to develop it?

I have also now uploaded the source code to Shiny2. It's obviously unstable, and I do not guarantee it will compile, but it's there. I will now be doing all new releases through the CodePlex page, simply because it's simple and efficient to do so, but don't worry, I'll still announce it here.

Just a little update; the progress is going moderately well. The current SVN version -should- compile and run just fine, however, I don't know how well it'll do. In other news, I'm moving, so updates are going to be staggered a bit until that's all straightened out.