What's in a Name?

Okami

Umm in the previous forums, and in Gamefaqs. I'm named KnightVVing. (with 2 V's) Because it's unique, i would sign in and no one would of took the name. But few days past, and i didn't really like the word "Knight" that much, it sounded dumb. I would was suppose to name it "Night" although i wasn't really thinking while i was typing.:tongue:

With some online flash games like Battleon, and DragonFable. (be quiet i was like 9) named myself alterations of my real name, for example: I take the first letter of my name which is "K" and i add it to something that i excel at. so for Battleon i named my user name Quick-K. or was it Speed-K, never mind you get the picture.

Gamer-K it just sounded pretty, no very lame a few days afterward. Although i didn't create a name in the forums, which I'm happy about. Although my email. *shivers*

With some online flash games like Battleon, and DragonFable. (be quiet i was like 9) named myself alterations of my real name, for example: I take the first letter of my name which is "K" and i add it to something that i excel at.
'sup Kyle? :|

Here's another question: Have any of you ever regretted the name you've chosen, and if so, why?

For me, I do, actually. It has too many bad connections to days when Okami was a mary-sue character and of my anime obsession. It's disgusting. But to change it now would only confuse people, as I've used this name all throughout my teenage life.

well now you ask sorta you see darklord may make you think that i like dark type pokemon well i do but my fav. type is ghost types but you know that ghostlord doesn't really sound all that good in fact i think i only have 1 dark type in pearl

• 2 weeks later...

my nick is just an anagram of my real name ocwil >>wiloc>>wilco

and is only used by 2 ppl over the whole web me and some other dude from...(google) irvine,CA

i wish that guy did make up an other name :(

Relyte is my name backwards plus an e for sound=Tyler. It's usually a good one to go with. I haven't personally met anyone who uses the name. My brother used to call me by Relyte, too. Good times...

I also go by Debransor (dunno where I pulled that one from...), Dobran, Debron, Dobrin, etc... They're all based off of Debransor, usually. There's usually at least one free on any given internet site xD

I like them all except Debransor, my original name. It's too clunky, hard to spell, and often it's too long to use.

• 1 year later...

I usually go by 2, depends on which I like better, they're both usually untaken:

YuzuruHitokiri - Two word combination word...Yuzuru + Hitokiri...

- Yuzuru: A character I made up a couple of years ago when my friends and I were avid about InuYasha... He was a Raccoon-Human demon hybrid that could phase through water and earthen elements (stuff like dirt, rock, carbon-based materials, etc.) and was fast but relatively weak in stature...

- Hitokiri: The legendary group of assassins from Rurouni Kenshin... I was infatuated with the series at the time I was thinking of the name... (Coincidentally, I thought of it for the Pokesav.org forums...Ah, good times...)

- Overall, I'm satisfied with the name; it's original and relates to something creative I once did...

HirotoSama - Another two word...Hiroto + Sama...

- Hiroto: Also a character I once thought of, this time it was during my heavy Naruto phase... Hiroto was a young ninja who was outcast from a hidden village, one that was hidden even from the major ninja villages in the Naruto universe. The village, unnamed, was full of ninjas that specialized in necromancy, the arts of raising the dead. The reason of why he fled was that he used the reanimated corpses of his parents to slaughter half of the village elders and the majority of their black ops protection. Hiroto was not sure why he did it; all he knows is that it felt good and it felt like he was an entirely different person...

- Sama: Not very imaginative, literally the Japanese honorific (look it up if you have no idea what that is...)...

- Overall, I like the name, but I'm still partial on the Sama part... It almost seems a little cheesy to me...

Sel is the name i always use for my in game Trainer... or half of my video game characters. I've always Liked it so i though it only appropriate for this forum. xp Didn't realise until about a year ago that it was appeared in gen 2 when regestering an item to Select.

Edit: And no, I don't regret it ^_^

The orgins of this username,well, Anndarknae was a username i came up w/ on gaiaonline...it was my second one. Ann is part of my given name and darknae i just came up with out of nowhere...this always happens with most of my usernames. Why no clue i chose it for this forum. Have i ever regretted picking this username no but at times yes.....i do regret picking it.