First level 100

pokemonfan

My first level 100 ever was an alakazam that I got from my little brother. Shortly after that came zapdos, articuno, moltres, and mewtwo. After that, I don't believe I ever bothered with another L100 until 4th gen, when I got my L100 Salamence (with decent IVs, enough to max atk and speed anyway). After that, most of my current wi-fi team is level 100 now. I've got to say that slow pokemon are a lot more of a pain to level than fast sweepers. Probopass in particular was hellish to raise.

For the guy talking about Battle tower: look into a trick lead. You can usually use something like uxie to make setup bait for a scizor. with +6, Scizor's LO technician bullet punch is only survived by two or three pokemon, and you can get subs up while SDing if you need to survive.

For those saying you NEED to pokesav to be competitive: no you don't, it just makes it easier to use certain pokemon. I've bred each of my pokemon myself, and I don't have any issues competing on w-fi. Yeah, I don't like when people have perfect IV'd shiny latias on their team, or when they're running all the hidden power types that smogon recommends, but that doesn't mean you need to cheat to play at the same competitive level. You just need to either restrict your options a bit (i.e., none of my pokemon use hidden power for this purpose, and I'm very uneasy about using legendaries) and prepare for the fact that others pokesav, and then you can fight at the same competitive level as anybody.

Quoted for truth, and I REALLY agree with what you said on where I bolded. Honestly... I'm tired of seeing Jolteons running Hidden Power Grass putting a HUGE dent on my Swampert who is supposed to counter them :/

I mean okay... one or two Jolteons with HP 70 Grass... fine. Some people may have RNG abused or something... but seeing it every time makes me just flip. Or that shiny Latias everyone and their mother uses... >.>

Slow Pokemon with very low offensive capabilities are definitely harder to get them up to level 100 than the fast sweepers. In game, you're probably just going to spam a single move to sweep everything out of the way with your sweepers... but slow Pokemon like Probopass requires stalling... and in-game PP is an issue. Not to mention after taking a couple of hit you'd probably want to use that Full Restore on it. Yeah, I felt that way when raising Torterra. In other words, in-game seems to favor straight out offense rather than defensive play, which is why Ho-oh was more practical to use in-game than Lugia back in GSC.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My First Lv 100 Would Have Been My female Blaziken( that i had named T.C.), But Sadly She Go Bye Bye. :(

Here's The Story:

It Was My First Time Playing Pokemon, Ruby, She Was Up To Lv. 92 And I Still Hadn't Beaten The E4. And When I Got To Drake For The Upteenth Time She Grew To 93 On His 2nd To Last Pokemon, So I Knew Something Great Was Bound To Happen; The Last time It had Leveled Up Was Against Tate & Liza. Alas I Had Finally Beaten The E4, Steven Was Easy. My neighbor, who was 7 at the time, was having trouble with pheobe, his highest level pokemon was his Lv. 48 Groudon and his 2nd highest was his Lv. 32 combusken. I can see why he had such a hard time catching Groudon. He asked me to temporarily trade him my Blaziken & my Lv. 67 Groudon. he beat the E$ & Steven with little effort thanks to my Blaziken. So about a week after the initial trade I ask him to trade back but to my amazement I find out he had started a new game with my precious Blaziken & Groudon still on the cart!

My first Lv.100 in Gen II was Feraligatr :P and in Gen III it was Swampert~ I battled the E4 over and over and over and over and over again. But that's it... Never got 100 in Gen IV through training due to lack of determination/time.

LV100 Staraptor~

For those saying you NEED to pokesav to be competitive: no you don't, it just makes it easier to use certain pokemon. I've bred each of my pokemon myself, and I don't have any issues competing on w-fi. Yeah, I don't like when people have perfect IV'd shiny latias on their team, or when they're running all the hidden power types that smogon recommends, but that doesn't mean you need to cheat to play at the same competitive level. You just need to either restrict your options a bit (i.e., none of my pokemon use hidden power for this purpose, and I'm very uneasy about using legendaries) and prepare for the fact that others pokesav, and then you can fight at the same competitive level as anybody.
Not to mention that some inconsiderate Wi-Fi players give themselves a full stock of Sacred Ash.

My first level 100 was a typhlosion on silver, my first pokemon on the game. The second one was corsola, don't ask why corsola:P. 3th was my venusaur from red. And I don't know the order of the others anymore. I have trained almost 50 pkmn to level 100 without the use of cheating devices...

My story is complicated ^^'

I've finished Leaf Green 2 times with 2 charmanders choosen as a starter. Then, I've traded them via PalPark to Diamond and breed them to make me an egg. What was in that egg? A shiny one! My shiny Charmy defeated Sinnoh league and get 100 after soooo long leveling. Now, it's a my lovely Black Charizard and he's waiting to destory Johto and Kanto in HG ^^

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I never got a pokemon to level 100. In blue I got Mewtwo to 97 by beating the E4 only using Mewtwo. Thinking back, it was pretty funny. I made it use 'struggle' when it ran out of moves. My highest level pokemon now is my hoenn starter, Blaze(Blaziken) level 98. Followed by 93 Groudon, followed by 78 Ampharos on Gale of Darkness. I beat the trainer mountain thing 3 times to get them that high.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My first pokemon ever to be level 100 was probably a pidgey (well, pidgeot ofcourse) in pokemon Yellow.

My first level 100 pokemon in Diamond was piplup (yes, it was a piplup. I had empoleon and a ditto, they got a little egg, and I leveled my piplup to level 100, without evolving it).

In platinum and Heartgold I don't have a level 100 pokemon yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
You can read about EV training here or here.

Legendaries are SO hard to get to high level. The closest I had was Mewtwo in RBY at level 94. Its moveset was Amnesia, Recover, Psychic and Blizzard. It was ownage :D

Back then, EV training didn't matter because that 510 max limit wasn't imposed then. :P

First pokemon I got to 100 on Diamond was my Pichu.

First on Pearl was my Milotic.

And on Platinum I got four level 99s and one level 92, I'm not sure which I want to 100 first

On red was my Zapdos.

Blue it was Oddish (I KNOW LOL IT WAS THE FIRST GAME I HAD).

On yellow it was Pikachu.

On Gold/Silver/Crystal I got my Feraligator to level 100 on all of them.

On Ruby/Emerald I got my Metang (i forgot its name ;_; ) to 100.

And on Sapphire it was Kyogre.

I don't think I've ever had a level 100. I had my entire team level 100 in my original Red, but I abused MissingNo and the glitches that came with it to get thousands of rare candies to power up my all-fire-Pokemon team, but I don't really count that, lol. :D Hey, I was 6.