I want to know what peoples best fighting team is. Please post here what it is!

Here's mine:

Blissey: leftovers

~softboiled

~psychic

~counter

~toxic

Dragonite: persim berry

~fly

~dragon dance

~outrage

~hyper beam

Muk: wise glasses

~acid armor

~toxic

~sludge bomb

~dark pulse

Torterra: muscle band

~crunch

~earthquake

~frenzy plant

~seed bomb

Kingler: wise glasses

~icy wind

~iron defense

~crabhammer

~hyper beam

Rhydon: wide lens

~horn drill

~brick break

~rock slide

~earthquake

I don't know if this belongs here penny, but is this for in-game purposes? Then I guess it could stay. Your team looks NOTHING like a competitive team ;) Here is my in-game team:

[sprite]214[/sprite]

Hera the Heracross@Wide Lens

Level 82

Female

Guts Ability

- Megahorn

- Close Combat

- Stone Edge

- Swords Dance

[sprite]407[/sprite]

Cordelia the Roserade@Damp Rock

Level 76

Female

Natural Cure Ability

- Rain Dance

- Sleep Powder

- Energy Ball

- Weather Ball

[sprite]395[/sprite]

Pippi the Empoleon@Leftovers

Level 82

Female

Torrent Ability

- Agility [bred the original Empoleon I got with a Floatzel]

- Grass Knot

- Ice Beam

- Surf

[sprite]282[/sprite]

Cassandra the Gardevoir@Leftovers

Level 80

Female

Trace Ability

- Calm Mind

- Will-o-Wisp [unfortunate collision of Duskull and a Kirlia got this]

- Thunderbolt

- Psychic

[sprite]478[/sprite]

Autumn the Froslass (one of the four Froslass sisters)@Choice Specs

Level 85

Female

Snow Cloak Ability

- Trick

- Thunderbolt

- Shadow Ball

- Ice Beam

[sprite]134[/sprite]

Eve the Vaporeon@Leftovers

Level 82

Female

Water Absorb Ability

- Wish [Clefairy + Eevee]

- Protect

- Ice Beam

- Surf

I have many others in the box...

I don't know if this belongs here penny, but is this for in-game purposes? Then I guess it could stay. Your team looks NOTHING like a competitive team ;)

Yeah, I suppose its not very competitive, I tried to have some pokemon like rhydon and torterra that had mainly strong moves and others like muk with toxic and acid defense. I like to have a few moves that will trip up your foe. Maybe I could change a couple of moves for stronger ones though. Never thought of my team like that though that was advice or not, maybe I will.

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

Oh yeah, they may SEEM not very competitive but I ALWAYS give them a maximum amount of proteins, calcium, carbos, and things like that. I first focus on health, defense, sp. defense, speed, then I look at whether the pokemon as more physical or special attacks then raise the correct one.

I see. But there is something called EV training. If you want to know more about that, I'll gladly help you with it :)

Those vitamins don't exactly work as promised, as I'll tell you now. Every Pokemon can have a maximum Effort Value (EV) of 510. And every stat can have a maximum of 255.

Those vitamins will only give 10 EV in their designated stats max... as long as that stat did not have a value that is 100 or over. Understand?

*I can tell you didn't*

Oh well... :(

yeah, that is better. we do not have a topic here about in-game Team, well, my current in-game team (I just beat the E4 30 mins ago, for the 4th time);

Empoleon @ Quick Claw

Calm

Level 72

- Earthquake

- Ice Beam

- Surf

- Grass Knot

Tyranitar @ Leftovers

Adamant

Level 82

- Ice Punch

- Crunch

- Stone Edge

- Aqua Tail

Scizor @ Life Orb

Adamant

Level 86

- Bullet Punch

- X-Scissor

- Superpower

- Swords Dance

Lapras @ Choice Scarf

Naive

Level 67

- Perish Song

- Ice Beam

- Thunderbolt

- Waterfall

Flygon @ Leftovers

Lonely

Level 80

- Earthquake

- Outrage

- Fire Blast

- U-turn

Roserade @ Big Root

Modest

Level 70

- Giga Drain

- Ingrain

- Sludge Bomb

- Leaf Storm

@Wraith, thanks for deleting the double post, it was due to connection error. :(

Edited by empoleonmikel
Someone double posted :p

You doubled posted and your Tyranitar is missing a move :-/

And nice team :D

aww! sorry for the double post, it was due to connection error, :(

anyway, I forgot the last move for Tyranitar, added already :)

BTW, i beat Cynthia with only one pokemon, my scizor, 3 SD in front of her Spiritomb, then BP all the rest, took a Max Potion at the last pokemon due to health damaged by Life Orb, and then, BP again her Roserade :kikkoman:

^ hahaha! very clever indeed :)

i also brought-in a "squirtle" & "bulbasaur" for a hitch ride to E4, both holding Exp.Share, (i got the 2nd EXP Share as a free item from GTS! :) ) - a "legal" meganium holding an EXP. SHARE!

Now, both of them are in their 2nd evolved form :) gonna complete my pokedex soon, its 439 now (392 obtained)

Why not visit Smogon.com, they can provide you with a bit of insight into what's competitive Pokemon battling.

Thanks! I never realized how much went into battling before. I looked at the website, it looks like a really good one. I still want to keep those same pokemon but I'll try to seriously improve them!

Most strats also works in-game too, so give it a try :)

However, with the IVs and hidden power and a few other stuff, there are some differences, not to mention some event pokes like Jirachi and Celebi are otherwise unobtainable.

Shoddy can be downloaded at shoddybattle.com. Project Pokemon also has their own server.

While we're not a mecha for competitive battling, and I like seeing diversity in RMT forums, most in-game RMTs consist of this:

*6 pokemon +moves*

*people comment on moves*

*repeat*

But at the same time, I know that a well balanced team can help in the main 8 gyms + E4 game. Sure, you CAN beat everything with a level 100 Caterpie if you REALLY wanted to, but it's frustrating.

So, here is what I was thinking of implementing, and everyone please feel free to comment on my ideas, modify them, or suggest your own:

• One thread for all the typical in-game stuff. 6 random Pokes, nothing else. And when posting it, pretend you are on at least the 7th gym, so by that time your Pokemon have evolved.
  • Of course, Battle Tower/Frontier teams can have their own individual threads.
  • If you're making an interesting gimmick team for in-game completion, that can warrant it's own thread. Some mono type, or Luvdisc/Unown/Feebas play through. You know, some type of theme.

I spent like 5 minutes thinking about this, so I'm sure you all can think of something better.

This one thread should have a sticky if it really is going to come to be. I think its a good idea. Lots of people have gimmicks for beating gyms and playing through the game. Like playing through the game with just using a starter or using just bugs. Plus it can help all the people that might actually struggle with beating a gym or the elite four. I know it took me 4 times in platinum before I could finally beat the elite four and the champion. First flint stopped me, then lucian, then cynthia...hehe 4th times the charm.

:) Good idea randomspot555