Pokemon B2W2 AR Searcher / Dream Radar

Guested

On June 23rd, Pokemon B2W2 AR Searcher will be made available for download for 3DS for 300 yen.

It features games to play with Augmented Reality, and you can send the Pokemon you catch to your B2W2 game.

Sounds pretty awesome.

Also, the 3D Pokedex will get a National Dex (PRO) update in July, for 1500yen.

I was wondering when the PokeDex 3D would go National. Also the AR Searcher sounds awesome. Perhaps this is their way of getting people to buy a 3ds as well as a sort of alternative to the PokeWalker back in HG and SS. Even so, I can't wait. They are doing what they can to promote these games before they come out. This will definitely bring DS sales up this holiday season.

• 2 months later...

So there hasn't been a ton of coverage on this little game yet (I know it's only the end of the first day), so I thought I'd share some info I got from playing it.

I'm not sure if this was ever stated in any news before, but the Pokemon you catch have their Hidden Abilities, and Gen V Pokemon also appear.

Pokemon I've caught so far:

Munna

Sigilyph (currently using in-game)

Drifloon

Riolu

Tornadus

I've also gotten a few items like Leppa Berry, a few Revives, and a couple Red Shards.

Can add Shuckle and Blue Shards to the list as well.

For each round you play, you can use your normal Parts for free, or pay 100 Dream Orbs to use Parts that make more Pokemon appear or Parts that make more items appear. (They gotta be unlocked, though)

There are also permanent upgrades that you can buy (increase number of clouds per round, increase Beam power, increase time limit), as well as consumable items (like increasing your time limit, or making the Pokemon stop moving for a bit).

Just out of curiosity, do you think you'll be uploading .pkm files for the AR Searcher / Dream Radar versions of Pokemon?

I feel like a Dream Radar pkm gallery would be a pretty nice addition to the site.

I'd like to, but not from my personal collection.

If I can figure out a way to get a second game going with a "PPorg" OT, or even just a way to re-roll the stats of the ones from my game (if people wanted even that), then I will.

The thing is, this falls more under the category of PokeWalker or normal Dream World Pokemon, rather than being like Dream World events. However, one could ALSO argue that this is similar to My Pokemon Ranch, of which we have an entire collection.

So... we'll see?

The problem isn't needing a new OT, I've got that.

The problem is getting a second set of the pkm that aren't the ones from my personal collection. But I'm working on it. At the very least, once I've captured all three for myself, I can restart my save for the Dream Radar, and I THINK that'll let me catch them all again.

The problem isn't needing a new OT, I've got that.

The problem is getting a second set of the pkm that aren't the ones from my personal collection. But I'm working on it. At the very least, once I've captured all three for myself, I can restart my save for the Dream Radar, and I THINK that'll let me catch them all again.

I'd like to know if that's possible. And I also wonder if you can send them to the same game again. Could you test that?

I'm wondering if there's some kind of way to acquire them via High Link, like how Stock was with it's C-Gear editor. If they'd have the new Forms on, since it's High Link and the Hidden Abilities. I've looked around online and it seems they have Pokemon AR Searcher for location met.

If not that, then maybe custom Wonder Cards. Since they are treated as if you're acquiring a Gift via Isshu Link. I haven't bothered testing out making one, since I'm sure there's some kind of value that might or might not force those Forms.

There's no visible place where the Pokemon wait for you, but you have the right idea. After "Sending" the data from the 3DS side, the Pokemon and Items wait in a kind of limbo place in the DS cartridge until you go to the Unova Link -> Nintendo 3DS Link, at which point they get sent straight into your box/bag.

I should have Landlos tonight.

Also, it seems that after you've gotten Landlos, if you put Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, or SoulSilver into your 3DS while you play, you can catch Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Ho-oh, and Lugia. I'll check this out tonight as well.

I've also found a way to use my sav to get a new set of the Dream Radar pokemon, similar to what was done for the Dream World Event Gallery, so I should be able to upload those tonight as well.

Pokemon Black 2 J&#9.png

583dcf7020e3e_PokemonBlack2J9.png.3145b9

Okay, this happened:

There's a new Gallery page open!

Japanese Dream Radar

Right now, the page only has the Therian Trio and the Pokemon from using the Generation IV link, but I plan on expanding it to include the normal Pokemon once I've caught a complete set (I'm about two or three away).

Also, there may not be any navigation links to this page on the left right away, so this may be the only way to get there for a short time.

Well, there are now codes to unlock additional Pokemon for Dream Radar.

Here's my post from the event contribution thread:

This isn't an update to the collection (yet), but I've added a couple more Pokemon to the Dream Radar Gallery page.

It was revealed on Pokemon Smash this week that you could use command codes on the menu of Dream Radar to enable special parts to catch additional Pokemon. Two codes were revealed, so Light Metal Beldum and Regenerator Slowpoke are available.

Supposedly there are more codes on the way.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...