Replacing a Pokemon fully

I want to know what options there are to replacing a Pokemon fully. No one seems to have any info on being able to change what Pokemon is roaming, so I wanted to see if I couldn't replace Thundurus with a Pokemon like Mew. I had the idea to replace the sprite files, and to change the stats and learnset and all of those properties on Thundurus.

The only things I don't know how to change are animation files and pokedex number files. But the pokedex number isn't a big deal at all.

There are easier ways to change it to a Mew than that. Somewhere in the ROM is a piece of data that tells the game what Pokémon is roaming, and if you were to find the piece of hex governing that, you could change it from the hex code for Thundurus to the hex code for Mew. There might be other editing to do, but it won't be necessary to change all the stats etc. In fact, you might encounter problems doing that, because B/W Pokémon sprite editing is a lot more complex than in previous games - the hacking community only just figured out how to edit them fully a few weeks ago, and even now we're still getting the hang of things - and you might find that swapping Thundurus' sprite for Mew's would cause a glitch or crash.

Unfortunately, I'm not a big expert on hex and on the locations of the data in the ROM, so you might have to wait for somebody who knows a little bit more about it to pass by this forum so they can tell you where to find the data for the roamers. Try asking Andibad. He's good with that kind of thing.

Looking through the past forum posts, Andibad has been made aware and wasn't able to make any progress on it. I haven't made direct contact, as it isn't a major urgency now that I can manipulate stationary pokemon even better thanks to Drayano. But I'm sure if Andibad had anything to contribute, he'd have posted so as I'm sure he's read this.