[HGSS Hack] Pokémon UnovaHGSS

ascension7

Dude Seriously, if I were u, I wouldn't replace Lucario, it's one of the awesomest pokes to ever step foot in the pokemon world. My advice is that u shuffle up the pokedex to solve the gender pidove thing so that Lucario can stay, if u r reading this please go to pokecommunity and check out my comments, it's important and it may help u in your work. Another thing, if u want to change shiny forms of other pokes,here's one of my advice for Scrafty. Since it's kinda of a mohawk cowboy stature and goth like pokemon in a way, I suggest u change the mohawk colour to dark blue, and as for that yellow thing, I suggest u give it red instead of yellow, and for the bottom section, I don't know, give it black or something. And another thing, I tried to email u but my computer freezes for some reason, u should probably fix that and all. And just know that I can't talk to u on youtube because I am from Bangladesh and recently, my country has banned the website for that anti muslim video. So this along with GBA Temp and Pokecommunity is my only chance of communication with u, and as for the second alpha, instead of doing so, I suggest, u play Dray's Sacred Gold so that u can have the idea of a better level curve. Take care, hope u read this :cool:

I think one alpha is enough. I also think this is awesome! If I were ever to delve back into HGSS, I'd love to be able to do something like this - though I doubt I'd do as well as you did!

Drapion's a personal fave of mine. I'll miss him, but man I'm impressed with how you lined up the Pokedex. Nice touch with Shaymin & Cherrim, though! Form changes, I mean.

I really like the giant Golurk, btw! I've seen your avatar around Pokecommunity and wondered if it really was a legit project. Good to know it is :)

Thanks! :D I've been working on re-ordering some more things in order to include the new B2W2 forms (which I had only planned on Kyurem getting a new one before all that was revealed). I've had to make some forms separate Pokemon, and I'm hoping to somehow make a script that'll change one Pokemon from another, retaining the stats and such, which is as close to a form change as I can do (if I can even do it haha). Pokesav may be needed it I can't pull it off, and I can at least make a custom version of that.

Dude Seriously, if I were u, I wouldn't replace Lucario, it's one of the awesomest pokes to ever step foot in the pokemon world. My advice is that u shuffle up the pokedex to solve the gender pidove thing so that Lucario can stay, if u r reading this please go to pokecommunity and check out my comments, it's important and it may help u in your work. Another thing, if u want to change shiny forms of other pokes,here's one of my advice for Scrafty. Since it's kinda of a mohawk cowboy stature and goth like pokemon in a way, I suggest u change the mohawk colour to dark blue, and as for that yellow thing, I suggest u give it red instead of yellow, and for the bottom section, I don't know, give it black or something. And another thing, I tried to email u but my computer freezes for some reason, u should probably fix that and all. And just know that I can't talk to u on youtube because I am from Bangladesh and recently, my country has banned the website for that anti muslim video. So this along with GBA Temp and Pokecommunity is my only chance of communication with u, and as for the second alpha, instead of doing so, I suggest, u play Dray's Sacred Gold so that u can have the idea of a better level curve. Take care, hope u read this :cool:

I've been thinking of making two versions like those hacks - one without any changes to stats, and another with some changes. Like the classic and complete versions. And I've been playing that hack, I have over 80 hours in it so far haha. It's been helping me decide the levels and such.

Now, a general announcement: Most of the 3rd/4th gen Pokemon were just there because I hadn't had anything to replace them yet, but now I've decided, in the 'empty' spaces, I'll include Pokemon that people have wanted in, and have posted in one of these threads, as long as there's room for them. I've put the Drapion line and Lucario line back in, which are some of my favorites too, as well as the Dusknoir line and Probopass line (since they have cross-generation evolutions, and I had said that all Pokemon like that will be in the game [with the exception of Baby Pokemon]). Most every 3rd and 4th gen legendary has been replaced, with the exception of the 4 Regis, Deoxys, Cresselia, Darkrai, and Arceus. Every starter Pokemon is also still in the hack. All of this is still subject to change, though I am going to need to have a final list sometime soon. This probably will be the final list unless something arises where I need to change something, which I can't think of anything that would do so. I'm also including some fakemon, which are just for fun, and I'm not going to force the player to interact with them - they'll be there if you want to use them, and hopefully I've chosen some that people won't completely hate. One that I'm willing to reveal right now is an evolution of Weezing, which will evolve with the use of a King's Rock. It's name is Choaking. Very punny. Then there will also be some new fake fossil Pokemon, as well as a few joke Pokemon (again, just for fun, since this is a hack and all).

I'll list the Pokemon left that have yet to be replaced, and the reasons they're still there. The spaces left are the Pokemon previously programmed as:

Shedinja-for some reason, I can't make this space have more than 1 HP, even though I change the values. most likely will be replaced with a jokemon because of its unchangeable 1 HP.

Spinda-its randomized spot pattern yields it a unique space. not sure what to do.

Castform-different forms, yields more possibilities than other spaces. will probably keep it in the game because it's one of my favorites

Burmy/Wormadam-different forms, yields more possibilities than other spaces. these will be replaced, because mothim is gone, but idk what to put there yet. hoping to find/think of a fakemon that has interesting forms...

I created a freewebs site for this game, and I'm going to put more information on the site within the next month or so, including the final list of Pokemon in the game (though some of the fakemon I'm going to hide until the game is released). I'll post more info when I'm able to. Remember my twitter!

And on a more personal note (though still Pokemon related), ever since gen 2 came out, I had thought of two ideas for Pokemon that I had hoped would become a real Pokemon someday. One of them was a Ghost/Fire chandelier, which happily became a reality. I'm going to include my other idea in this hack, so I'm quite interested in seeing what people will think of it! :)

Thanks! :D I've been working on re-ordering some more things in order to include the new B2W2 forms (which I had only planned on Kyurem getting a new one before all that was revealed). I've had to make some forms separate Pokemon, and I'm hoping to somehow make a script that'll change one Pokemon from another, retaining the stats and such, which is as close to a form change as I can do (if I can even do it haha). Pokesav may be needed it I can't pull it off, and I can at least make a custom version of that.

I've been thinking of making two versions like those hacks - one without any changes to stats, and another with some changes. Like the classic and complete versions. And I've been playing that hack, I have over 80 hours in it so far haha. It's been helping me decide the levels and such.

Now, a general announcement: Most of the 3rd/4th gen Pokemon were just there because I hadn't had anything to replace them yet, but now I've decided, in the 'empty' spaces, I'll include Pokemon that people have wanted in, and have posted in one of these threads, as long as there's room for them. I've put the Drapion line and Lucario line back in, which are some of my favorites too, as well as the Dusknoir line and Probopass line (since they have cross-generation evolutions, and I had said that all Pokemon like that will be in the game [with the exception of Baby Pokemon]). Most every 3rd and 4th gen legendary has been replaced, with the exception of the 4 Regis, Deoxys, Cresselia, Darkrai, and Arceus. Every starter Pokemon is also still in the hack. All of this is still subject to change, though I am going to need to have a final list sometime soon. This probably will be the final list unless something arises where I need to change something, which I can't think of anything that would do so. I'm also including some fakemon, which are just for fun, and I'm not going to force the player to interact with them - they'll be there if you want to use them, and hopefully I've chosen some that people won't completely hate. One that I'm willing to reveal right now is an evolution of Weezing, which will evolve with the use of a King's Rock. It's name is Choaking. Very punny. Then there will also be some new fake fossil Pokemon, as well as a few joke Pokemon (again, just for fun, since this is a hack and all).

I'll list the Pokemon left that have yet to be replaced, and the reasons they're still there. The spaces left are the Pokemon previously programmed as:

Shedinja-for some reason, I can't make this space have more than 1 HP, even though I change the values. most likely will be replaced with a jokemon because of its unchangeable 1 HP.

Spinda-its randomized spot pattern yields it a unique space. not sure what to do.

Castform-different forms, yields more possibilities than other spaces. will probably keep it in the game because it's one of my favorites

Burmy/Wormadam-different forms, yields more possibilities than other spaces. these will be replaced, because mothim is gone, but idk what to put there yet. hoping to find/think of a fakemon that has interesting forms...

I created a freewebs site for this game, and I'm going to put more information on the site within the next month or so, including the final list of Pokemon in the game (though some of the fakemon I'm going to hide until the game is released). I'll post more info when I'm able to. Remember my twitter!

And on a more personal note (though still Pokemon related), ever since gen 2 came out, I had thought of two ideas for Pokemon that I had hoped would become a real Pokemon someday. One of them was a Ghost/Fire chandelier, which happily became a reality. I'm going to include my other idea in this hack, so I'm quite interested in seeing what people will think of it! :)

I agree do what Dray did with Blaze Black a clean rom with no stat changes and another version with stat changes. Like I said please go through Dray's documents for stats changes and all and another thing, put fakemons and at the same time please make sure they don't look so cheap and look like sth drawn at ms paint or sth. So catch me up. How is the quality of the sprites. R they awesome?

Really excited about the plans you have for this, and you're making great progress! Thanks for considering Drapion again, lol. Fakemon can be pretty exciting, but of course it can be hard to do them right. However... a Weezing evolution? Sounds fantastic to me! Weezing definitely reminds me of a poison-type Magneton... just begging for an evo.

You can ask this guy about this evolution of Electrode.

http://marinokadame.deviantart.com/#/d5azocg

electrone_b_w_styled_battle_sprite_by_cottonbby-d5azocg.gif

It was from pokemon Acanthite but it seem it's a dead project or something.

Video with some pics of pokemons in it.

Pokecommunity post.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=73183

Their forum still seem to be active as of today.

http://www.pokemonacanthite.com/forum/

Some of those fakemon are really good... most are really same-y. Since the project is bunk, I'd hate for some of those to go to waste. The Seaking, Electrode, Tentacruel, Chimecho and Kecleon evos are all really good, and there are some really good originals, too. Fat Heracross is lol.

• 1 month later...
Thanks! :D

I've been working on an Alpha 2, but I'm not sure if I want to release it now, or just wait until I get the entirety of Johto finished and the new story elements and such into the game. And to everyone who's played so far, and will play in the future, regarding the next release... I don't know whether to release an Alpha 2, or just wait until I get much closer to the hack's completion. This Alpha was only meant as a playtest for the general public to showcase all I've done with putting Unova Pokemon in the game, and more importantly, to get feedback about the slightly higher level curve to see if it's too much, or too little. I'm not sure what I'll do yet. If I do release another Alpha, it'll still be for testing purposes only, such as testing the difficulty and ironing out bugs, as all that will be changed will be the wild Pokemon and Trainer rosters, and not much else really. I'm working on implementing a new story into my hack (which will, among other things, also include a reason for the sudden appearance of non-native Unova Pokemon :o ), and this will not be in any Alpha. Any newer version after the Alphas won't be compatible with previous saves, which is why I'm hesitant to release another Alpha, lest players get really far into the game and become annoyed that they'll have to start over :( What do you all think?

Dude if you do release the alpha 2 ill be so happy! Thank You if you release it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Umm... I like reviving old threads and I'm really excited about this hack, so... Is ascension7 still working on it?? WE NEED MORE OF THIS!

Yep I am. Just been busy. I want to release something before XY come out. Hoping to have it go through at least 2 badges.

Did you replace the signature moves of Pokémon you replaced? If not, then you could replace those sig moves with 5th gen moves.

Also, just wondering if you kept Happiny, Munchlax, Azurill, Wynaut, Bonsly, Mime Jr and Mantyke.

• 3 weeks later...
can someone explain me how to change the pokemon name's. I want to make a hack and I need a tutorial that explains me how to change my heart gold pokemon to the unova pokemon

Use thenewpoketex to extract the files from the rom, and edit the xml file it produces in whatever way you want, then import it back into the files and make a new rom.

For HGSS, you have to put a/0/2/7 into msgdata and rename it msg.narc, then it'll let you rip the text and import it back into the file. Then when you want to make the rom, just put msg.narc back into a/0/2 and rename it to 7 again.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/qnlufesb5xyde2d/thenewpoketex.rar

Did you replace the signature moves of Pokémon you replaced? If not, then you could replace those sig moves with 5th gen moves.

Also, just wondering if you kept Happiny, Munchlax, Azurill, Wynaut, Bonsly, Mime Jr and Mantyke.

That's exactly what I'm gonna do! :D

And nope, all those have been replaced because I've replaced their Incense items with new items just like I'm gonna do with the moves.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for you cooperation. One more thing I want to know how can I patch this rom, I really want to play it, and I tried patch the game in both HG & SS, and appears an error saying "checksum validation failed.....", and I do not understand what i'm doing bad. Both games are original, (U) version, I would like to play this hack, see ya!

• 2 months later...