New Game+ AR export?

Mimenine

I apologize beforehand if this is in the wrong section. I'm assuming pokesav might be able to accomplish this maybe. /shrug :/

Whilst lurking about a few days back, I came across a post from someone saying how pokegames should have a newgame+ mode. Lately, I've grown quite bored with the game and hax tower and have been wanting to start a new game but with all my pokemon and items (maybe just pokemon lol).

So, is there any way to do this without saving every pokemon as a .pkm and moving them to the new save? That's a lot of work (500 pokemon, though I only have a little over 120).

I believe pokesav can generate AR codes? Is there a way to have it generate a code that puts all your owned pokes in another savegame's storage?

I'm sorry if this was confusing. Hopefully someone knows what I mean by "newgame+". :P

Creating codes in bulk is dangerous, as it can flood the RAM, and make the game in-oporable. I don't recomend using ARDS if you have access to the save file, unless you will be doing the same thing multiple times. You can save boxes individually, so that goes from 500 to 18. If you need to re-arrange them, then either use the game to do it, or I think that codemonkey85 has a re-arranging tool...

What do you mean rearrange them? If I start a new game and don't catch anything new, they should all be empty with just the starter in party. o.=

If I do it like that, it won't affect the dex will it? I'm not sure what would happen if you started a new game and already had seen all the sinnoh pokemon. It might create problems?

~Edit~

Thank you Evan.

Edited by Mimenine
alien invasion +1

You can save pkm files in boxes.

So if you want to use save editing (the best option), just open storage on your original and press "Save Box" do this for all of the boxes (save them to different directories for organization), then just load them into the new save.

You will then need to edit the dex with DSPokeEdit to keep the appearance of legality in the new save.

If I edit the dex it won't mess thing up? I've never done this before. Usually you get the national dex after the E4. Can you right at the start of the game? It won't break anything? Maybe I should hold off on that part until after.

Thanks damio.

- - - -Edit 1 - - -

How do you use DSPokeEdit? I got the original jp version from what I think was the creators site. Then I patched it to eng. Go to open, and select my save, but nothing happens. What format does it work with? Mine is in EZFlash V.

Edited by Mimenine
Space Pirates? Nonsense!! >O