Jirachi in Japan the 19th June

Yes, but the ads (and also the purpose of this Jirachi) was to promote the new service launch at McDonald's (Nintendo Zone), which is also reflected in the OT (NZ). The fact that it was also available at Download Spots was secondary, because that service was already available. They didn't strongly advertise the fact that it was a normal wi-fi event because they wanted you to go to McD's to try out the new Nintendo Zone features (like coupons and the Scramble mini-game.... which promotes both the new Scramble game AND rewards you with more McDonald's coupons.... )

This is the first time Jirachi has been available on such a wide release in Japan and I seriously feel like it has cheapened Jirachi to the status of "selling out."

In the past, Jirachi in Japan was mainly only given away to people who one the Pokemon Fan Club Tanabata lottery drawing, and those numbers were seriously limited.

The US release with Colosseum and the UK release with Channel were much more readily available than Jirachi ever was in Japan.

Now anyone in Japan can have this.... all for the sake of promoting the new internet service at McDonald's....

sigh

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but the ads (and also the purpose of this Jirachi) was to promote the new service launch at McDonald's (Nintendo Zone), which is also reflected in the OT (NZ). The fact that it was also available at Download Spots was secondary, because that service was already available. They didn't strongly advertise the fact that it was a normal wi-fi event because they wanted you to go to McD's to try out the new Nintendo Zone features (like coupons and the Scramble mini-game.... which promotes both the new Scramble game AND rewards you with more McDonald's coupons.... )

This is the first time Jirachi has been available on such a wide release in Japan and I seriously feel like it has cheapened Jirachi to the status of "selling out."

In the past, Jirachi in Japan was mainly only given away to people who one the Pokemon Fan Club Tanabata lottery drawing, and those numbers were seriously limited.

The US release with Colosseum and the UK release with Channel were much more readily available than Jirachi ever was in Japan.

Now anyone in Japan can have this.... all for the sake of promoting the new internet service at McDonald's....

sigh

What's wrong with that? They used to be rare which made it harder for people to complete their Pokedex's, but now that everyone can have it, they can complete the dex! And besides, theres always going to be a group of people that doesn't know about the event and misses it, so it will still be slightly special.

sigh

Um,..its a Pokemon. Less than 300 bytes of data. And you are on a website who's main purpose is to provide, at least those with the means, the special Pokemon to everyone. Why are you acting like its a HUGE deal? Everyone has the right to complete their Pokedex if they so chose to.

My opinion at least.

That's exactly what I'm trying to say. Besides, remember Mew? He used to be very rare. Then one day TRU puts up a MYSTRY Mew, and now everyone has it. I went to the event and met a few people who went there to finish off their Pokedex, and since they never really had a public Mew they never could. So this Jirachi is an opportunity to finish off your Pokedex, along with the Arceus being released soon. I'm really loving this promotion.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't get why nintendo decided to go with lime green. Is there really a lot of demand for that color? Maybe green and black like to blue and red but all green is just not for me. To each his own though. I've seen the ds lite the is green here and I just don't care for it.

Just picked up my Jirachi, and am very excited! For anyone concerned about too many people filling up their pokedex, there is still the fact that finding a legit Celebi in the states is very hard. Don't worry I'm not flaming anyone who wrote about the subject, just making a statement. In fact if it was not for this site I would probably never have picked up a Celebi. If only pokemon would pick up steam again here in the USA, so that we could get more events. Maybe NOA needs to be more active.