~Guide to 44h, 45h, 46h, 47h, and 85h Values~

Preston

Hello everyone, I've been using this guide for a while now and haven't had any problems until now, so I just made an account in hopes someone could help me out.

I read everything and didn't find an answer so here's what I need to know

I want to make a pokemon that was hatched on HG with Pokesav, but the version I use only works for my Diamond so what would I do for my hex values so that when I trade the pokemon to HG it shows that it was received from the day care in HG and hatched somewhere in HG as well?

Hope someone can explain this for me, thank you

• 2 weeks later...

This question may or may not have been answered, but I couldn't find it, so any help would be appreciated:

For HG/SS Pokesav 'hatched' pokemon in HG/SS, do you put DayCareCouple (2000) for Met At, or do you put Faraway Place (3002) for Met At? and is Pokemon DayCare (100) exclusively the DayCare from D/P?

I thought DayCareCouple (2000) would be the DayCare from D/P, and that HG/SS might use the exact same code for it. I then thought that maybe it should be Faraway Place (3002), and that the 44h, 45h, 46h and 47h hidden hexadecimal values should take care of distinguishing that it was from the DayCare Couple.

This is interesting to me because it seems like if you note that a Pokemon's hometown is from Johto, but then pick the DayCareCouple from D/P, if it is exclusive to D/P, then it should trigger a legality checker that pings hexadecimal values and 'met at' locations for a Pokemon egg.

Another thing, if you use a proper PID for an egg pokemon, that is, use the PID/IV generator to come up with a legal combination that corresponds with the IVs, is it suspicious/illegal? I know (think) that egg pokemon PID has nothing to do with their IVs, so should the random PID generator be used instead of the PID/IV generator?

Thanks to anyone who lends some insight or spares their time to read this!

ADD:

Also, what about 85h values for strange places, specifically like catching Groudon/Kyogre in Hidden Tower? It is very easy to determine 85h values for some pokemon, but it is hard to create others, like the legendaries. What is a 'caught' Arceus' 85h value supposed to be?

Thanks again!

Edited by logicilla
added some stuff

Hey by any chance does anyone know what the 85h is for a pokemon caught by headbutting a tree in viridian forest?

I just checked a Pineco I caught in Ilex Forest, and its 85h is 05... for caves? I guess forests classify as caves. 05 should be the same for Viridian, they're both forests.

This question may or may not have been answered, but I couldn't find it, so any help would be appreciated:

For HG/SS Pokesav 'hatched' pokemon in HG/SS, do you put DayCareCouple (2000) for Met At, or do you put Faraway Place (3002) for Met At? and is Pokemon DayCare (100) exclusively the DayCare from D/P?

I thought DayCareCouple (2000) would be the DayCare from D/P, and that HG/SS might use the exact same code for it. I then thought that maybe it should be Faraway Place (3002), and that the 44h, 45h, 46h and 47h hidden hexadecimal values should take care of distinguishing that it was from the DayCare Couple.

This is interesting to me because it seems like if you note that a Pokemon's hometown is from Johto, but then pick the DayCareCouple from D/P, if it is exclusive to D/P, then it should trigger a legality checker that pings hexadecimal values and 'met at' locations for a Pokemon egg.

It's just DayCareCouple. Just like Platinum, the 44h and 45h would be D0 and 07, respectively. Farawayplace is only for locations not in D/P.

I got confused reading the last part, can't really say anything there. Sorry.

Another thing, if you use a proper PID for an egg pokemon, that is, use the PID/IV generator to come up with a legal combination that corresponds with the IVs, is it suspicious/illegal? I know (think) that egg pokemon PID has nothing to do with their IVs, so should the random PID generator be used instead of the PID/IV generator?

Hatched Pokemon shouldn't use PID/IV generator. The random generator is what they need.

Also, what about 85h values for strange places, specifically like catching Groudon/Kyogre in Hidden Tower? It is very easy to determine 85h values for some pokemon, but it is hard to create others, like the legendaries. What is a 'caught' Arceus' 85h value supposed to be?

Embedded Tower Kyogre/Groudon have 05 as their 85h. Hall of Origin Arceus is also 05.

Some legends can be confusing... Lugia is caught in water that's inside a cave, but its 85h is 07, for water. Really, that's the only sort of time where I'd say it's complicated, even then not so much.

I just checked a Pineco I caught in Ilex Forest, and its 85h is 05... for caves? I guess forests classify as caves. 05 should be the same for Viridian, they're both forests.

It's just DayCareCouple. Just like Platinum, the 44h and 45h would be D0 and 07, respectively. Farawayplace is only for locations not in D/P.

I got confused reading the last part, can't really say anything there. Sorry.

Hatched Pokemon shouldn't use PID/IV generator. The random generator is what they need.

Embedded Tower Kyogre/Groudon have 05 as their 85h. Hall of Origin Arceus is also 05.

Some legends can be confusing... Lugia is caught in water that's inside a cave, but its 85h is 07, for water. Really, that's the only sort of time where I'd say it's complicated, even then not so much.

Wow; great information, thank you very much!!

I do have one more question; i'm new at this, thanks for your kindness!

I am trying to create a Togekiss 'hatched from an egg,' but it keeps telling me that I found the egg from DayCareCouple and that it was hatched at the location DayCareCouple.

I am putting it as the following (using Pokesav):

Met in Place: DayCareCouple (2000)

Egg Hatched at: Faraway Place (3002)

Hidden Hexadecimal values:

44h: D0 45h: 07 <-- to specify that it came from the DayCareCouple (2000)

46h: 83 47h: 00 <-- to specify that it hatched in Goldenrod City

85h: 00 <-- to specify that it is a 'hatched' pokemon

86h: 04 <-- put it in a pokeball, because thats the only ball for a hatchling.

I have a feeling I've got something wrong in the hexadecimals, maybe in 44h/45h or perhaps in 46h/47h.

Anyone know where I've gone wrong?

I'm having some trouble getting this. I understood it, but I still seem to be putting the numbers in the wrong locations. Someone give me some example numbers.

I want a Makuhita caught at Dark Cave with a Pokeball. So the numbers would be... 00,00,DC,05,04, correct? I think the last time I tried this I kept getting "Mystery Zone."

Help is appreciated.

Wow; great information, thank you very much!!

I do have one more question; i'm new at this, thanks for your kindness!

I am trying to create a Togekiss 'hatched from an egg,' but it keeps telling me that I found the egg from DayCareCouple and that it was hatched at the location DayCareCouple.

I am putting it as the following (using Pokesav):

Met in Place: DayCareCouple (2000)

Egg Hatched at: Faraway Place (3002)

Hidden Hexadecimal values:

44h: D0 45h: 07 <-- to specify that it came from the DayCareCouple (2000)

46h: 83 47h: 00 <-- to specify that it hatched in Goldenrod City

85h: 00 <-- to specify that it is a 'hatched' pokemon

86h: 04 <-- put it in a pokeball, because thats the only ball for a hatchling.

I have a feeling I've got something wrong in the hexadecimals, maybe in 44h/45h or perhaps in 46h/47h.

Anyone know where I've gone wrong?

PokeSav is messed up in the way that 'hatched at' is actually where you got the egg, and 'met at' is where it was hatched. You have the hex right, it's just those things that went wrong.

I'm having some trouble getting this. I understood it, but I still seem to be putting the numbers in the wrong locations. Someone give me some example numbers.

I want a Makuhita caught at Dark Cave with a Pokeball. So the numbers would be... 00,00,DC,05,04, correct? I think the last time I tried this I kept getting "Mystery Zone."

Help is appreciated.

44h-45h: 00 00

46h-47h: DC 00

85h: 05

86h: 04

Mystery Zone, huh? Did you put Farawayplace as the location? The only time I've gotten that is back when I didn't know about Farawayplace being needed in some cases...

44h-45h: 00 00

46h-47h: DC 00

85h: 05

86h: 04

Mystery Zone, huh? Did you put Farawayplace as the location? The only time I've gotten that is back when I didn't know about Farawayplace being needed in some cases...

Ok, so the numbers are right, but do I have to put in a location anyway? I left the location blank because I thought it would use the hex to fill in the location. Is it because I left it blank it said "Mystery Zone"?

One last question, and I am good to go. What about traded Pokemon? I want A Drifblim that was traded from Platinum. Is there something different for trading, or do I put in the hexes according to how it was caught in Platinum? If so, is catching a Drifloon an event Pokemon?

Traded Pokemon use the hex from the game they originated from. So you'd put it in according to Platinum here.

And yeah, its 85h is 00.

Ok, i'm not the guy who asking that but i have another question about that if im doing a pokemon that was captured in platinum into my Soul Silver you said that i need to use the hex from platinum but what about the hex number of the pokeball? i need to put it? or like the pokemon is originally captured from platinum the 86h is not fill?

Hope you can answer my doubt! Thanks!

Ok. I have an issue.

This guide only explains how to input the hex values for diamond, pearl and platinum. And while the HGSS locations (most of which) are listed in Hex, it does not tell you how to input the locations into hex values for hgss (as it is very mum as to what and where the 2 digit hex values go into). It tells you to look up the decimal values on pokesav, but if I could locate the decimal values on the program then I would just input the locations under that box wouldn't I? I need the decimal values to convert into hex to input them into the values box.

So my question is.......where are the decimal values for the jhoto/kanto locations?

Ok. I have an issue.

This guide only explains how to input the hex values for diamond, pearl and platinum. And while the HGSS locations (most of which) are listed in Hex, it does not tell you how to input the locations into hex values for hgss (as it is very mum as to what and where the 2 digit hex values go into). It tells you to look up the decimal values on pokesav, but if I could locate the decimal values on the program then I would just input the locations under that box wouldn't I? I need the decimal values to convert into hex to input them into the values box.

So my question is.......where are the decimal values for the jhoto/kanto locations?

Do you mean these?

(In Hex)

7E - New Bark Town

7F - Cherrygrove City

80 - Violet City

81 - Azelia Town

82 - Cianwood City

83 - Goldenrod City

84 - Olivine City

85 - Ecruteak City

86 - Mahogany Town

87 - Lake of Rage

88 - Blackthorn City

89 - Silver Cave

8A - Pallet Town

8B - Viridian City

8C - Pewter City

8D - Cerulean City

8E - Lavender Town

8F - Vermillion City

90 - Celadon City

91 - Fuchsia City

92 - Cinnabar Island

93 - Indigo Plateau

94 - Route 1

95 - Route 2

96 - Route 3

97 - Route 4

98 - Route 5

9A - Route 6

9B - Route 7

9C - Route 8

9D - Route 9

9E - Route 10

9F - Route 11

A0 - Route 12

A1 - Route 13

A2 - Route 14

A3 - Route 15

A4 - Route 16

A5 - Route 17

A6 - Route 18

A7 - Route 19

A8 - Route 20

A9 - Route 21

AA - Route 22

AB - Route 23

AC - Route 24

AD - Route 25

AE - Route 26

AF - Route 27

B0 - Route 28

B1 - Route 29

B2 - Route 30

B3 - Route 31

B4 - Route 32

B5 - Route 33

B6 - Route 34

B7 - Route 35

B8 - Route 36

B9 - Route 37

BA - Route 38

BB - Route 39

BC - Route 40

BD - Route 41

BE - Route 42

BF - Route 43

C0 - Route 44

C1 - Route 45

C2 - Route 46

C3 - Route 47

C4 - Route 48

C5 - Diglett Cave

C6 - Mt. Moon

C7 - Cerulean Cave

C8 - Rock Tunnel

C9 - Power Plant

CA - Safari Zone

CB - Seafoam Islands

CC - Sprout Tower

CD - Tin Tower

CE - Burnt Tower

CF - National Park

D0 - Radio Tower

D1 - Ruins of Alph

D2 - Union Cave

D3 - Slowpoke Well

D4 - Lighthouse

D5 - Rocket Hideout (Mahogany Town)

D6 - Ilex Forest

D7 - Goldenrod Underground

D8 - Mt. Mortar

D9 - Ice Path

DA - Whirl Islands (Lugia's Chamber)

DB - Silver Mountain Cave

DC - Dark Cave

DD - Victory Road

DE - Dragon's Den

DF - Tohjo Falls

E0 - Viridian Forest

E1 - Pokéthlon Dome

E2 - S.S. Aqua

E3 - Safari Zone Gate

E4 - Cliff Cave

E5 - Frontier Front

E6 - Path to Tin Tower

E7 - Shinto Ruins

E8 - Hidden Tower

E9 - Pokéwalker

EA - Cliff’s Gate

You set it to far away place and type the above hex into 46h and the 47h... something caught in Ilex forest for instance would be 46h D6, 47h 00. It's all on the first page. I might have read the question wrong.