~Guide to 44h, 45h, 46h, 47h, and 85h Values~

Preston

when i load a pkm file that was saved from the pokesav D/P on the pokesav platinum, do i have to change the hex values accordingly?

It's in the FAQ section:

~Do the values change when you trade them to a different game?~

Once a Pokemon's values have been determined by the game, they will never change. This means trading a Pokemon from Diamond to Platinum will keep its regular hex values from Diamond.

also, the pkm files hometown are set to Diamond or pearl.

Whichever game you want the Pokemon to have come from.

So, if I make a Shaymin from Flower Paradise, would it have anything it its 85h value?

No for all three games. Funnily enough, though, Darkrai's 85h value is 02, even though it technically is an event Pokemon, met in a similar manner as Shaymin. Maybe Preston could add that little tidbit into the guide.

No for all three games. Funnily enough, though, Darkrai's 85h value is 02, even though it technically is an event Pokemon, met in a similar manner as Shaymin. Maybe Preston could add that little tidbit into the guide.

I wasn't aware that Darkrai's 85h was 02. I'll put that in the guide. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
The 85h Hex 02 is for any Pokemon caught in grass, right?

Whenever I see the term "tall grass" it makes me think of the grass above Solaceon or something.

Yes.

Supposedly, it's 'tall grass', because that is what some NPCs (especially the regional Professors) use as a term for the grass (both 'normal' and 'very tall') where wild Pokemon appear.

There's grass in many places (or what looks like it) which are just part of the palette of the environment, so 'tall' may be used to differentiate the grass inhabited by wild Pokemon from that.

• 3 weeks later...

If I'm attempting to make a Pichu from Pokemon Movie 09 am I to put in a special value for the 85h value or is leaving it at 00 with a fateful encounter sufficient? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Acura

If I'm attempting to make a Pichu from Pokemon Movie 09 am I to put in a special value for the 85h value or is leaving it at 00 with a fateful encounter sufficient? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Acura

Non in-game event Pokemon will have the 85h value of 00. I should think that the Pichu would have the Fateful Encounter flag, seeing that it's not an in-game event.

I have question: Do you have to set the 46h and the 47h values if the pokemon is still in an egg?

By right, you shouldn't. The 46h and 47h values of the Pokemon in the egg will be determined by where it hatches, which of course, has not happened yet.

~What are the values for a Pokemon that was migrated from Pal-Park?~

D/P Migration: Set all values to 00

Platinum Migration: Set 46h to 37 (Pal-Park in decimal) and the rest to 00.

Just a minor correction here. You meant to say "Pal Park in hexadecimal." I was confused upon reading this and then seeing Pal Park listed in decimal as 55.

• 2 weeks later...