~Guide to 44h, 45h, 46h, 47h, and 85h Values~

Preston

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You can see all the information here about the meaningful hex changes, aside from location data.

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?11474-Hex-Values-and-Trashbytes-in-B-W&highlight=trashbytes

PokeGen has all of this already implemented so just use that as Bond697 said. Don't know why anyone would want to use pokesav anymore.

EDIT: Wonder if I made a reply to this thread about this same thing. Oh, I did.

Bond697, I use PokéGen. I'm just trying to further my knowledge on Pokémons' data structure. Telling someone to "just use this" does not help me or other people. ~STBE

I'm betting his reply was for Juan-K.

You can easily test it out by creating one with a Hometown of HGSS, and a Hometown of DPPt.

For HGSS eggs they have D0 07 for 44h and 45h, as well as D0 07 for Egg met location. 00 00 for met location because it's unhatched, (46/47 00 00 too, depends on where they are hatched in what game).

kaphotics, thanks for your advice, but that wasn't my question exactly.

What I was trying to say was... Do I put Daycare Couple or Faraway Place for the Egg Obtained At location? I know what the values should be, I'm just not sure if HG/SS uses the Couple or Faraway Place (considering that technically DPPt and HG/SS have different Couples).

...Yes, I know. My question is silly, but it's legitimate. ~STBE

• 2 months later...

I'm trying to make a shiny Eevee. I'd like to know if these Hex values are okay? I want it to appear as legit as possible.

Met at DayCareCouple

Egg hatched at GTS

Ball: Luxury Ball

Game Version: HeartGold

44h: D0

45h: 07

46h: 5C

47h: 00

85h: 00

86h: 0B

This might be a stupid question, but can someone tell me exactly how do we use the tutorial to make HG/SS pokesav created pokemon be listed in certain areas of the Johto world, since we can't simply verily pick it ourselves in the Met At box? No offense, but I'm getting a headache trying to figure out the explanation in the tutorial...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've been trying to get the hex to work for some time now and feel that the person that made pokesav is a lazy @#$!. That aside, I've been doing everything right for my HG version except for the fact that the damn thing makes it so the pokemon aren't mine, even though I have a location from HG and the pokemon has my name and ID. What the crap am I supposed to do to fix that? I have about as much patience as a drill instructor and keep getting madder and madder every time I have to quit playing to try and fix this.

I've been trying to get the hex to work for some time now and feel that the person that made pokesav is a lazy @#$!. That aside, I've been doing everything right for my HG version except for the fact that the damn thing makes it so the pokemon aren't mine, even though I have a location from HG and the pokemon has my name and ID. What the crap am I supposed to do to fix that? I have about as much patience as a drill instructor and keep getting madder and madder every time I have to quit playing to try and fix this.

Are you ensuring that your secret ID is the same as well as your regular ID?

It checks for OT name, gender, ID, and SID.

Also, you need to calm down, and try not to insult COM, as he has done quite a lot of work getting pokesav to work at all: mapping the save file and all that. It is a very difficult task; more complicated than something either of us could achieve.

Are you ensuring that your secret ID is the same as well as your regular ID?

It checks for OT name, gender, ID, and SID.

Also, you need to calm down, and try not to insult COM, as he has done quite a lot of work getting pokesav to work at all: mapping the save file and all that. It is a very difficult task; more complicated than something either of us could achieve.

Everything matches up, but it keeps treating it like it isn't my pokemon. And it was very hard to find this stuff. If that guy COM just did it himself and added Johto region locations, I and many others would have been spared the stress. While I agree that we can't do what he has, he could have easily done all the stupid hex himself.

Edit - Well, I've been trying to get the hex to work for the last 4 hours and I'm about to snap my DS in half. The hex isn't working and I've checked and rechecked EVERYTHING again and again and again. COM is a stupid jerk and an idiot for forcing others to have to do the hex when a lot of people don't know shit about hex. Can someone PLEASE help me with this bull crap? Even better, does someone have COM's email or know of some way I can reach him? I'd love to have a heart to heart about his failings with hex.

Edited by Dainazo

Everything matches up, but it keeps treating it like it isn't my pokemon. And it was very hard to find this stuff. If that guy COM just did it himself and added Johto region locations, I and many others would have been spared the stress. While I agree that we can't do what he has, he could have easily done all the stupid hex himself.

Edit - Well, I've been trying to get the hex to work for the last 4 hours and I'm about to snap my DS in half. The hex isn't working and I've checked and rechecked EVERYTHING again and again and again. COM is a stupid jerk and an idiot for forcing others to have to do the hex when a lot of people don't know shit about hex. Can someone PLEASE help me with this bull crap? Even better, does someone have COM's email or know of some way I can reach him? I'd love to have a heart to heart about his failings with hex.

Ok dude you to do two things here...

A) calm down and focus on the Pokesav screen

B) lay off of COM like evandixon says

Ok now focus: You need to put in your Trainer name, EXACTLY as it is in the game, your ID and SID numbers, your Trainer Gender is set correctly. Also, the Region/Version has to be put to the correct one and the language of the game set it to English if you are playing an English language game.

Try that and see if it works. If you have done this and it still isn't working then try using PokeGen instead, its simple and always makes the pokemon correctly.