As many of you probably know, Pokemon transfer works like this:

1st gen-1st gen-2nd gen-2nd gen

--------------------------------------

3rd gen-3rd gen-4th gen-4th gen

...When really, it should look like this:

1st gen-1st gen-2nd gen-2nd gen

| | | |

3rd gen-3rd gen-4th gen-4th gen

...Now, this problem started in 2002 with Ruby/Sapphire's Japanese release, but no one has done anything about it.

...Well, recently I used certain tools to experiment on the Pokemon games.

...Although in approximate form, I have actually managed to make a Pokemon I have in a 2nd gen Pokemon game exist in a 4th gen one. This seems to be possible via a formula that my experiments produced, which I now dub, "The POKEMONMASTER260 Pokemon game formula." (I know, pretty....basic, I guess....)

...Now, here's the formula (Please give credit!):

1. Pretend, whether or not it's true, that the Pokemon has max stat exp. (Unless it's newly caught, in this case, no stat exp.)

2. Calculate the DV's it would currently have w/ the stat exp in question.

3. Add 16 to the DV's you now have & congrats, you have IV's.

4. Now, if not newly caught: make EV's max all stats. If newly caught: No EV's for all stats.

...Now, I haven't exactly experimented on the other way around, (Pokemon from 4th gen to 2nd gen,) but I'm pretty sure that would also work in approximate form. (Maybe I'll just have to reverse the formula!)

...So, okay, believ me or not believe me. It probably won't matter considering I plan on unveiling the formula soon anyways. (BTW, I've got my reasons for not automatically telling people the forumla...)

...anywyas, believe it or not, the gneration gap is not the only improvement we can make! For instance:

1. Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2 Rental & Registered Pokemon to GB Pokemon game trading-they were meant to connect & it seems they are the same kind of programmed-Pokemon, so why not?

2. Making a server for USA Crystal PCC-Hackers have recreated the PCC as a patch for USA Crystal, but it's not much without a server...

3. Although not trade-related, other than capturing Pokemon, doesn't hurt: For GSC-Complete Safari Zone restoration-yes, using the beta maps, but I'm talkin' everything guys, ('cuz I know there have been attempts,) Safari Game included! And use the evolution music...

...So, other suggestions would be good! So, what do you think, eh?

Sayonara & I hope this goes through,

PM260

P.S. Just to let ya'll know, it seems Gameboy development uses the C programming language in GBDK.

EDIT 1: Probably should have mentioned: For formula, leave pid at Pokesav default for genderless and female pokemon and just change the gender part of it to male for male Pokemon. Legitness still needs to be figured out.

EDIT 2: Hm, C programming might be the primary language used...it seems Nintendo's embraced it for programming games on their platforms.

Edited by POKEMONMASTER260

I'm talking about trading from say, crystal, to say, ruby. As in, GB/GBC games to GBA games. Which is why we might have to fix legitness in the formula before editing the games' code so as not to produce bad eggs. We might have to do a hack to prevent that, actually...

...I'm also talking about trading registered & rental Pokemon from the Stadium games to the GB/GBC ones.

• 2 weeks later...

If this could be pulled off it would revolutionize Trading. I know I still have a Mewtwo on my Pokemon Blue from when I was in Third Grade that would rule to be able to use in modern games.

BTW: Got a link for the PCC USA Crystal Hack? Google's not my friend this time...

Well, think of the possibilities! With the creation of a set of standards, you could make a set of ROMs able to trade back and fourth between all four generations! It would change the way people hack pokemon games.

EDIT: So, I have given this some thought and I'm wondering if your thoughts parallel mine. In theory, to bridge the trading gap, so to speak, all you would really have to do is make a generation II game, say crystal, compatible with a generation II or IV game. Most likely III, i think, considering if you could figure out how to make this work on a retail cart, the two generations could be hooked together via game link cable. this would basically open up the playing field in regards to pokemon availability and replayability. I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't tapped this goldmine resource themselves. So, what exactly are your thoughts on implementing this?

Edited by DonaldGrube

• 1 month later...

Adding 16 to the IV seems too cheap, IMO.

When I hack remakes of my early gen pokemon, I just double their DVs, and sometimes add one if they were 15 early gen, sometimes not.

A pokemon with a DV of 2 will have 4 extra stat points at level 100 in Gen 1-II

An IV of 4 has 4 extra stat points at level one hundred in everything else

An IV of 18 doesn't.