Rattata Rampage

I learned a great strategy from my friend recently. It is the smartest one I've probably heard yet. Too bad it's too common...

Rattata Rampage

1. Get a Rattata at the lowest level as possible.

2. Give it a Focus Sash.

3. Teach it Endeavour and Quick Attack.

For example, if you were fighting a Lv. 100 Infernape, it will obviously attack you first. If it hits your Rattata with an attack like Flamethrower, you will have 1 HP remaining because of your Focus Sash. When you use Endeavour, it brings your opponent down to the same amount of HP you have. The Infernape will have 1 HP left. Quick Attack will hit first, so use it when Infernape is 1 HP to defeat the Infernape. And there! A low level Ratatta has defeated a Lv. 100 Infernape!

Credits to my friend for teaching me this strategy.

Edited by Flygon

That's a common strategy. It's called FEAR. In fact, many other Pokemon can do that too, such as Treecko and Taillow. Funny thing is, I did the same thing to my friend's Infernape. However, this strategy is TOO predictable and people know what to expect from it now :(

So does Status like Toxic and Burn. The fairies depend on Magic Guard and weather to work... and it works best when they're level 2 or something. Seeing how 6% damage is most likely similar to the level 2 fairy's max HP... expect stuff to die horribly (especially from Hail, as fewer Pokemon are immune to it).

ah...the sweet simplicity of my all time favorite animal (mouse/cute rat) beat one of my least favorite pokemon (infernape...I hate pikachu too but its a mouse O.o:() I'd love to see it happen. I think starly could do it too right! Quick attack and endeavor. Quick attack level 5 and endeavor level 17.

ah...the sweet simplicity of my all time favorite animal (mouse/cute rat) beat one of my least favorite pokemon (infernape...I hate pikachu too but its a mouse O.o:() I'd love to see it happen. I think starly could do it too right! Quick attack and endeavor. Quick attack level 5 and endeavor level 17.

Yes, Starly can do it too. Along with his cousin Taillow and Treecko and Phanpy and a whole slew of other Pokes...

But that's how a lot of people know about it. Marriland used it in an uber challenge and next thing you know, everyone is using it.

That guy didn't even know what EV training was (what was his name again? Undefeatable? Forgot...) so it was kinda funny how it worked.

I used that strat before he did on the Internet though... against a friend of mine when we did a 1 on 1. He had his Infernape on... I brought in a Rattata. He was conversing via AIM with me saying "You've gotta be mental"... and then I destroyed him. Thank goodness it didn't have Mach Punch... or else I would have been a goner :P

I did it only one time. Darn stealth rocks. I bet you saw Mariland use this strategy, right?
No, but I know Marriland. He is a YouTuber who gives walkthroughs on how to complete all Pokemon versions and all that randomness, but I never saw him use that strategy :mad:

You battled the guy Wraith? Cool. Anyways, this is not a good strategy. Don't depend on it or you are bound to lose.

>.>

Not THAT guy. Read carefully. I battled MY FRIEND with that strategy BEFORE I even saw that video from Marriland... which was to show you more people knew about it (including I) before that whole Marriland thing.

And I know how to battle... only I suck now... but don't remind me.

It does anger the other person when they just got owned by a level 1. But in order to pull it off you have to make sure there are no spikes. And God help you if they have a ghost, quick attack will fail. And you will be screwed if they have quick attack as well, because we all know who will go first. This strategy is good and all, you just need to know how to use it.

Yeah, I once took my hacked shiny lvl 100 Palkia against a FEAR...eh, I nearly cried. (This was before I knew of this crazy little beast...)

That's what you get for using hacked pokes -__-

Seriously, hackers must be apprehended... and this humiliating method is ingenious.

Actually, Abomasnow + 5 clefable FEAR team is very fun to use.It is not so viable though

I mean, the FEAR strategy sucks, and if you want to try it out, use:

1. Clefable;Magic Guard ignores sr, sandstorm.

2.Swinub: Resists hail and sandstorm, has priority.

this technique is really funny and effective sometimes, however, the fun will always be ruined if there'll be entry hazards. But for me, I made my starly on LEAD @ Focus Sash with Endeavor + Quick Attack, and my friend with whom I battled was so annoyed, and added to his annoyance was that, he was not able to "kill" my starly, i pulled it out immediately, LOLZ!

and BTW, I have known this technique not from anyone else, in fact, I have asked the opinion of Wraith weeks ago concerning this move combo, and he told me the "obvious" plan of this attack won't do much better in competitive battles, and I agree with him.