What's the significance of duplicate Met: Locations?

kesomon

I've been wondering something, but can't find any instances of it being answered in another post. When creating a Pokemon on Pokegen, when viewing the Met tab and deciding the Location of where you met the Pokemon you're creating, some of the location entries in the drop box have duplicates.

For example: Nuvema Town, Nuvema Town (2)

or

Daycare Couple, Daycare Couple (G4)

What is the difference in choosing the unnumbered location verses it's numbered/labeled duplicate location? What significance does it have towards the apparent legitimacy/legality of a Pokegen-generated Pokemon?

I think that an explanation should be included in the tooltip for that, at least. I'm probably not the only person who's wondered.

Pretty sure the locations with the (2) next to them were the locations within the Highlink world.... and since you can't catch any pokemon there, they could never be used in Pokemon data. The location data still exists in the game, so that's why they appear in the list.

The (G4) locations are locations where you could receive an egg in Diamond and Pearl games (Day care center was the same in all Gen 4 games). This piece of data gets leftover on a pkm when Transferred to Black and White (but is not displayed in game).

Ah-hah, Thank you very much Guested! And I figured as much, Codr. I wouldn't have much patience for updating the tooltips either, if I were building the program. And can I just express my deep thanks and gratitude to you for all your hard work? *hug*

Now to figure out just how to apply info in the Met tab to make a Pokemon appear hatched on another game, then traded to the game I'm using. To the interwebs!