Hi! I'm Flygon!

Flygon

Hi PPokemon forum users! I am Flygon. You may be wondering why I came up with such a random Pokemon's name; it's because Flygon is my favourite Pokemon! Well it's nice to meet you all. I may see you all the time. Maybe we can become friends one day. Who knows? We all rock! :kikkoman:

Yeah..correct at that hottsushiz...it should be flying and dragon -.- but no! Gamefreak just has to go and take the beginnings and endings of two type names and then what do they do? They take out fly and add in ground because it makes perfect sense for a flying creature to have a ground additional type. I mean flygon flies! Why does it have a ground type. Seriously O.o some things I just dont get.

Then oh when it wonderously evolves it gains wings and it flies now. Like butterfree..caterpie and metapod are both bug types..oh wait...wings appeared now flying has been added to it. Also this was taken straight from bulbapedia and I do believe it supports both of our points.

Origin

Flygon is based on the winged, adult stage of the antlion, also called "sand dragon".

Name origin

Flygon's name is a combination of fly and dragon or a rearrangement of dragonfly.

So I think the types could be either

dragon, flying, ground, and bug. Of course there would be a combination. Dragon fly is a bug...antlion is also called sand dragon therefore dragon and ground type. Although dragonfly is a bug so possibly bug and dragon or bug and flying or dragon and flying... It can go many different ways. At least its ability makes up for the flying type loss. Levitate does the same thing a flying type side would do. It can go either way really...

Edit:

In fact the whole evo line is based off of an antlion.