Pokemon Black/White 2 - Sequel Theories

Lorshinator

KYUREM AND ZEKROM SPECULATION/THEORIES

pokemon-black-white-2.jpg

Note: New formes for Thundurus, Landorus and Tornadus and stuff. Feel free to discuss about anything. Apparently, Tornadus focuses on def, speed, and sp. def, Thundurus focuses on special attack, and Landorus focuses on attack. here is the picture.

corocoro5125.jpg

Here is the new animated promotional trailer for B/W 2. It shows off some story bits, but it's entirely in Japanese, so it may not make sense to you. But it's a tad bit more mature, check it out for yourself. (The rock music is cancer to my ears though, lol).

[video=youtube;kBdp_dLEdqU]

About:

This thread will ask questions regarding the new games, and I'll give my two cents. More importantly, however, you will respond to them. I'm sorry if my questions are not "good" because it's my first speculation thread, (but hey, you can't make good speculation threads if you haven't made your first). Here goes. The spoilers will contain my opinion(s) or theories. Feel free to ask your own questions as well. Unlike before ,this'll be open ended, so discuss anything you want.

I'll have my opinion on the matter later, and I'll be editing this as more information comes.

Edited by Lorshinator

I am not going to answer all the questions but what I am hoping they do for Kyurem is that 1 glaciate is more powerful and 2 his base stat totals are more I would also like to point out that from those hidden moves freeze shock and ice burn I do not think Kyurem will get a completely new move set or type change but I do expect that Kyurem depending on what form you have he will learn one of these two moves as his last move and also these moves are ice type so i honestly expect(and hope) he stays with his original typing in these forms. Tese forms do look cool but i agree that they could have done much better.

Glaciate does need to be more powerful. It's a bit useless in comparison to other stuff... :/

I think his base stat totals will change because the forms will have different stats. However, they may not increase, and if it did increase hopefully not by too much (like, hopefully it doesn't exceed 680 where Zekrom is). I think that his move pool may change, and I think that his type will change, because you got electric and fire typed themes going on. Alas, I could be wrong. I think that those moves entirely depend on what you chose, as I'm sure many people would.

I think for the most part I just have to get used to them, but they could've been much better.

At first the competitive community used to think Glaciate lowered speed by 2 levels, which would have been totally worth it. But nope, it's just a *slightly* more powerful Icy Wind and just as inaccurate.

I have a feeling the two forms will be Dragon/Ice, though some people believe it may turn Ice/Electric or Ice/Fire. The former has STAB Boltbeam, the latter... has a 4x weakness to SR. Eww, but Ice and Fire does have a great amount of super-effectives. The thing is, Kyurem as of now has 660 BST, but adding + 20 to reach 680 just means turning one of its 130s into 150s. I'm afraid they may be lazy and just do that. If not, I hope they reduce one of its redundant attacks and add more to one of its defences; Kyurem's bulk will be amazing thanks to its base 125 HP (they never change the HP stat when doing form changes).

I don't wish their type changes, but they may get an ability that can power up their Fire/Electric attacks (depending on the form) to give it a pseudo-STAB... but I was more hoping for something to get rid of charge-up time because its signature requires charge up (which is beyond stupid). Though Gamefreak can always troll again and just give it Pressure. ._.

Well, here's a little bit of my own speculation about Black 2 and White 2 plot:

First, let's assume the good old Kyurem we now since the beginning is the remaining body of the "Legendary Dragon from the Legend" after it splitted into Reshiram and Zekrom.

Then happened the war, then Reshiram and Zekrom eventually got bored and disappeared.

Meanwhile, the poor, wounded Kyurem was too weak to wander outside of the Giant Chasm, and had to eat pokemons (and possibly humans) in order to survive.

Its memories about the good old days, when it was the Great Dragon, started flowing, and as a result, Kyurem started feeling regrets, then anger, and then pure hatred for those two entities who stole all of his might.

This has gone for hundred years, until, one day, a strange young man named N summoned Reshiram/Zekrom, and, shortly after, another kid (the player, obviously) revived the other one.

Kyurem may have sensed this, and found some strenght to get out of its hole and look for Reshiram and Zekrom, in the sole purpose of absorbing them to become complete once again.

*Insert plot revolving around Kyurem chasing N, absorbing his dragon, then facing the player and his own dragon*

This pretty much explains White Kyurem and Black Kyurem's apparence (and foresighted strenght), and also why White Kyurem is in Pokemon White 2 and Black Kyurem is in Pokemon Black 2, while it was the other way around for Black and White.

Remember, N got Reshiram in White, and Zekrom in Black, while the player got the dragon of the opposite color.

One may also insert an angered and humiliated Ghetsis, manipulating (or rather, being manipulated by) Kyurem.

Tl;dr : Big dragon of legend - (Reshiram + Zekrom) = Kyurem. Kyurem is angry, wants to eat Reshy n' Zekry, eats N's dragon, player captures Kyurem, the end. Explains things. Remember to put Ghetsis somewhere for lulz.

Thank you for reading, and sorry for the (possibly terrible) grammar mistakes, I'd be glad if you could correct me a bit.

There is no way it's gonna lose it's Dragon type.

Remember, unlike the Dimension trio, these legendaries are actually referred to throughout the game as legendary dragons. And Dragon is not their second but their main type.

b7yv81.jpg

They are dragons before anything.

Losing it's Ice type seems impossible too though, because Kyurem is covered in ACTUAL ICE, unlike Zekrom and Reshiram where their secondary types are much more vague.

One thing would be an ability that in some way changes it's Ice type to Electric/Fire temporary, but I don't think new abilities are realistic. I mean they put the 2 moves into BW, but no ability.. unless it'll be impossible to go into wifi and stuff with the formes at all. But even then I don't know how realistic it would be to add things like abilities at this point.

Stache you got most of it.

Id only add that maybe Kyurem went into the cave and died, but then got struck by a freaky meteor that made it what it is.. Or idk. Just can't figure out where the meteor fits in. But from the games I got the feeling the dragons were around before already.

Look at the formes again, put up art of Kyurem and Reshiram/Zekrom next to them. The basis is still Kyurem. The only thing it shares with the other two is simply the parts, ie generator, arms and wings, back of the head.

I highly doubt it will "absorb" the other dragons. The generator tails like imitations instead of the real deal. And they're probably just enough to turn the lights on, not changing it's type.

It's time for an Ice legendary to get on the stage anyway.

Now that I think about it,

Team Plasma supposedly created Genesect.. and with the Kyurem formes having this corrupt imitating look.. maybe you and N get your dragons as usual,

but Ghetsis (I thought it was weird he didnt have a legendary dragon back then) knows way more about their backstory... and about Kyurem... so he gets his dragon too...and since it is essentially a powerless corpse of the original dragon, he tries to find a way to power it up a bit.. so he uses N as the pure noob again to get "power samples" for his plan >:B

It all makes perfect sense for the first time to me right now actually.

AND

It also explains why Black Kyurem is on Black 2.

Black: you=Reshiram, N=Zekrom... Ghetsis involves Ns dragon obviously, hence the Kyurem will be Black.

and reverse.

You're right, Klaatu; Kyurem should definately keep its Dragon/Ice typing.

Freeze Shock and Ice Burn, which are likely to be the new formes' signature moves, are Ice-type moves. It would be rather stupid if Kyurem couldn't get STAB with these attacks.

As for its ability, there are four main possibilities:

- Kyurem's new formes get some new ability (fairly probable);

- Game Freak just trolls us once more and Kyurem keeps the redundant Pressure (may not happen, but we can't know what's in these guys' heads);

- White Kyurem and Black Kyurem respectively get Turboblaze and Teravolt (lazy, but simple);

- They get an existing ability (This is just me dreaming about a Snow Warning Kyurem).

And the "meteor" that falled in what became the Giant Chasm was probably Kyurem itself, which explain its "broken" appearance.

Also, I think we can agree that Kyurem will have an interaction with N's dragon, would it be another one of Ghetsis' plan to rule-the-entire-world-hahahahahahah or just Kyurem going berserk and chasing N.

• 2 weeks later...
Glaciate does need to be more powerful. It's a bit useless in comparison to other stuff... :/

I think his base stat totals will change because the forms will have different stats. However, they may not increase, and if it did increase hopefully not by too much (like, hopefully it doesn't exceed 680 where Zekrom is). I think that his move pool may change, and I think that his type will change, because you got electric and fire typed themes going on. Alas, I could be wrong. I think that those moves entirely depend on what you chose, as I'm sure many people would.

I think for the most part I just have to get used to them, but they could've been much better.

I aggre with the no need for stronger glaciate,theres a unused move called Freeze Flare(its not the exact name,i think),it burns the enemy and I forgot the power level,so he should be learning that.

Edit:Did't all the post,so never mind......

I aggre with the no need for stronger glaciate,theres a unused move called Freeze Flare(its not the exact name,i think),it burns the enemy and I forgot the power level,so he should be learning that.

Edit:Did't all the post,so never mind......

Based on what I remember, It's Ice Burn (30% Burn Chance) and Freeze Shock (30% Paralysis Chance)

• 3 weeks later...

My guess is that Black/White Kyurem will definitely maintain its Ice/Dragon typing with the addition of moves from the respective Zekrom/Reshiram. My guess is that Black Kyurem can learn Fusion Bolt and White Kyurem can learn Fusion Flare. They are both of the original dragons' signature moves. So why not?

Also, they don't call this a sequel for nothing, so I definitely think this will continue after the first Black / White. N left with his dragon, and Ghetsis was never caught. Sounds like it needs a continuation to me. The question is though, considering we can already catch Kyurem and Zekrom/Reshiram and all other Unova Pokemon as well as others from other regions, how will they continue it if we already have Zekrom/Reshiram and Kyurem? This may very well require a revamp in the story as well in the continuation.

Also, they don't call this a sequel for nothing, so I definitely think this will continue after the first Black / White. N left with his dragon, and Ghetsis was never caught. Sounds like it needs a continuation to me. The question is though, considering we can already catch Kyurem and Zekrom/Reshiram and all other Unova Pokemon as well as others from other regions, how will they continue it if we already have Zekrom/Reshiram and Kyurem? This may very well require a revamp in the story as well in the continuation.

I agree, I do believe that it will be a continuation, but it may be either a completely revamped and lengthier storyline, or it may be a literal continuation. Who knows at this point? But it's interesting to guess. :D

• 2 weeks later...

This is very true. Now it looks like we have to make out guesses on. It appears that half of Unova is completely covered in ice, as well as the town you start in Black and White. You are a completely different trainer in the previously inaccessible western part of the Unova region, set 2 years after the original. What's more, there are new gym leaders throughout Unova.

Unova in Black and White:

unova.png

Unova 2 Years later in Black 2 and White 2

unova.jpg

New Character to Choose From

playerchoice.png

New Rival

pics.shtml#

New Gym Leaders, Featuring Homika (Poison) and Shizui (Water)

homika.pngshizui.png

Mysterious Akuroma

achroma2.png

Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 Official Japanese Trailer

[video=youtube;WjrXoEkG6JA]

Now for my new Hypothesis on the plot theory of Black 2 / White 2 (ASSUMING STORY REVAMP)

You are a new trainer (who in my opinion happens to look alot like the two trainers you start off with in Black and White but whatever) with a new childhood rival. Game Freak can never seem to have a pokemon game without a childhood rival for the most part. Implying this is two years after original Black and White, I assume they will keep the original trainer and N as the two Heroes for Zekrom and Reshiram, who should play a role in this plot line. Perhaps something like Red did for gold and silver. Ghetsis, I would hope, plays a role in this as well since he was never caught. All the Team gangs in previous Pokemon games have all finished and split up one way or another. Ghetsis was behind the making of Team Plasma to use N as a means to accomplish his evil plans, till they backfired of course. Now he is MIA, waiting to be caught.

Now for Kyurem. Obviously you were able to catch it in Black and White, but seeing as how it is the main legendary Pokemon in this game, I assume they are revamping it to where it was never caught, but rather waited for some unknown reason to emerge, which leads me to my next theory: the ice-covered Unova. It appears that Unova has hit its own ice age. This may very well be due to the roaming of Kyurem, possibly in its new form. It has the most powerful ice move in its arsenal. This move, Freeze Burn/Freeze Bolt, may be its move that it used to do this on Unova. Perhaps it may have been Glaciate, as we saw how well it covered the crater in Black and White in snow.

New Gym Leaders are here. In black and white, the gym leaders formed an alliance and helped defeat Team Plasma. Either they left for some reason regarding Team Plasma, be it searching for Ghetsis or whatever, or left for another reason. THEN AGAIN, we may only have a few of the gym leaders replaced, not all. Basically though, I haven't got the slightest clue why they would change gym leaders.

Last but not least, the mysterious Akuroma. He is very mysterious, seeing as how hardly any information, if any, was given about him. My guess is that he is a new leader of Team Plasma or a new Team. He should be playing a role similar to that of N.

Anyways, that is my two cents on the matter. You can point out your theories as was the point of this thread and NOT criticize, at least without good evidence to back you up. Also, any and all theories may be tossed out the window regardless what any of us guess. It wouldn't be the first time Game Freak (or as I refer to them as like many others, Troll Freak) trolled us....

Game+Freak.+I+realize+now+that+I+misspelled+game+freak_83584f_3565964.jpg

pokmon-should-be-obvious-game-freak.png

pokmon-evolution-problems.jpg

pokemon-gif-pidgey.gif

Implying this is two years after original Black and White, I assume they will keep the original trainer and N as the two Heroes for Zekrom and Reshiram, who should play a role in this plot line. Perhaps something like Red did for gold and silver. Ghetsis, I would hope, plays a role in this as well since he was never caught. All the Team gangs in previous Pokemon games have all finished and split up one way or another. Ghetsis was behind the making of Team Plasma to use N as a means to accomplish his evil plans, till they backfired of course. Now he is MIA, waiting to be caught.

For the most part, I agree. Like in HG/SS, or more accurately G/S/C, they made mention of Red several times, and the player took his role. There are several incidents where he is mentioned and ultimately you can battle him. I would be impressed if you could battle the old rival like you could in Gen 2, and perhaps seeing N and Alder would be nice too. I think that if this is supposed to be a sequel, they should add Cheren and Belle, and they could add the previous gym leaders for a purpose. Furthermore, Ghetsis may have something to do with Kyurem and may be more desperate, but who knows. :/

As for Kyurem, I really don't know too much about it unfortunately. It would be interesting if Kyurem and N got involved with each other for a sort of conclusion. I am quite certain as well that Kyurem is involved with the freezing of Unova. How the people managed to cope with this for a certain amount of time is beyond me. Perhaps you can access those locations when you finish the game?

I think that he'll be sort of like the mysterious helper dude, but something tells me that there is a very slight chance he is evil. I don't know, maybe he worked for Plasma and ends up backstabbing you and finds out how to use Kyurem's power? I don't know. Nobody knows yet. Conversely, he may end up being a super special awesome helper.

Come to think of it, will Juniper be involved? Or did Kyurem fly by her house and devour all of them? xD. On a serious note, will this mean that he's the new professor, or will he just be an assistant?

Personally, the idea of new gym leaders is a mixed bag. I think they may not replace ALL of the leaders, but if they do, they should at least occur as characters or easter eggs. Also, the Elite four could change as well. That'd be an interesting concept. Maybe some of the old gym leaders, or even Alder, could become the elite four?

Also, I think I have a new favorite gym leader...

homika.png

ROCK ON!!

This is very true. I forgot that Game Freak sometimes throw in super helpers in some Pokemon games, such as Lance

Lance: "Dragonite use Hyper Beam!"

*Dragonite's sprite moves and tackles Team Rocket* (so much for Hyper Beam?)

lol anyways, I also can't help but wonder what happened to the people on the east side of Unova. Like you said, how the people managed to put up with this for that long is beyond me. What puzzles me, is how will Game Freak touch on the "Zekrom and Reshiram used to be the same Pokemon for the ONE Hero". They have failed to even say any more than this, and just left it in the open. However, there are those ruins underwater that have those hieroglyphics carved in the walls. Here is a great page on the Abyssal Ruins in Umbella Bay underwater: clicky. Not only this but there is that Ancient civilization spoken of so many times in Black and White, even on certain Pokemons' Pokedex entries. Could these be explained in the sequel? Or will they just be skipped and troll fans even more?

Also, Pokemon Smash said that they'll release even more information on Black 2 / White 2 on May 15 like they did this month. I can't wait to see what they'll show. In before Troll Freak trolls fans..........again.

Interesting! I really don't know how these people decipher those stuff, as I think they have too much time on their hands. Regardless, those messages are pretty cool. :D

That would be interesting if they made mention of this "civilization", or, they could play the ME3 card and seem intelligent when really they just troll everyone.

Oh shucks should not have spoken. D:

lol They may very well be trolling everyone. However, haven't you noticed that there is an ancient civilization spoken of in every region except Kanto and the spin-offs? Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova. Game Freak HAS to be going somewhere with all of this talk of ancient civilizations. Here is another thread on it where people speculated, only this time on ALL of the ancient civilizations:

clicky

I've always been fascinated in deciphering this info since Johto, however, the only ones I ever got around to were the Johto and Hoenn. These people filled in the gaps quite nicely. In Johto, there are those Ruins of Alph where the Unown lie hidden. In Hoenn, there are those that are underwater and also refer to the Regis as well as the ruins in the Sky Tower. In Sinnoh, there are also ruins referring to Arceus and the other legendaries. Now in Unova, you have these. If Game Freak was in fact trolling us, I believe it is safe to assume they would have dropped this topic quite a while ago. They are getting somewhere with it, this much is for sure. Also, the added versions of games (Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, and even HeartGold and SoulSilver) all expanded on these "ruins", "coded language", and "Ancient Civilization".

Klaatu, even if it ISN'T covered in ice, it is guaranteed to be colder. Also, no one really knows for sure until we get more info from Troll Freak or Nintendo. Anyways, back to the thing I wanted to post:

[video=youtube;gk3m5VwQXWQ]

This possibly sheds some light on the mystery behind White and Black Kyurem. Keep in mind though, in times, the anime differs completely from the actual games or manga. This doesn't mean though that it may not have something to do with it in the games. Just something to think about.

It is possible that nothing has changed in the weather or that it is actually colder. It could also be true that some of it is covered in ice. But I'd rather not say because I don't know everything. I don't always follow updates, you see.

I personally would not trust the anime except for lore. I tends to differ a lot in storyline and stuff. Well, actually, cancel the lore thing, because in the first episode of B/W Zekrom appeared. I thought it was supposed to be legendary and really rare?

It is true. Like I said, just because it is in the anime doesn't necessarily mean it is true. For example, if you notice this trailer, it contradicts everything that the Musketeer Trio and Keldeo stand for. They defend humans? Last I checked, they defended Pokemon from destruction BY the humans. After the horrific fire and trouble the humans caused, they locked themselves away, completely isolating themselves from humans, always bearing that hatred toward them. For centuries they avoided humans, forever thinking that humans are enemies of Pokemon and have not changed their evil ways toward them. However, your character proves to be different with Cobalion, who wishes to test you and "join" (I love how the old man in the game said "he wanted to join you" considering he is harder to catch then Zekrom and Reshiram without a Master Ball) your party. Terrakion and Verizion soon take note of your character's abilities and love towards Pokemon as a sign that the world actually has changed since their last encouter with humans. They then open the paths toward them, awaiting to test your resolve. I personally love these Pokemon and how that even though they are mere pseudo legends, they play a huge role in Unova's history. Keldeo will always be my favorite out of all of them.

I'd also like to see how the three genies play a role in the new games too. Like the Musketeer Trio, the Genies play a major role in Unova's history as well as myths. Remember that Reshiram and Zekrom were once one single Pokemon and created the Unova region. Once they were forced to battle each other, they destroyed Unova. This is showing how great their power is. These Pokemon may perhaps be linked somehow, but whether or not this is true, I do not know. Also, Kyurem is known to crash down to Earth from a meteor, devouring Pokemon and Humans during the night. What does this have to say for Kyurem's mystery? Will it play a role behind his appearance in Black 2 / White 2? Will these other pokemon and their legends and history play a role in this too? So many questions left unanswered.