Event: Shiny Milotic Event in the USA

NewsBot

To be more on-topic. I don't think Nintendo is efficient in their checks as everyone makes them out to be.

To not get into an extensive debate on what Nintendo can and can't check for (since honestly, none of us know), I think it's more of an issue of if hacking for it, even legally, is fair. I imagine a good number of people don't have the ability to hack. So their IVs might be a bit lower, or natures might not be perfect, or they chose something with less egg moves since it had a better nature. SCV has a good post that's better written than this, and it has essentially the same point.

My real cartridges always stay 100% legit and when I want to do something that would otherwise be impossible, I use the rom and a flashcart or emulator, but that doesn't get back to my real cart. If I ever go to a Nintendo Tournament, not likely, I will have nothing to worry about.

One thing we must all realize is that we are vastly different from Nintendo on this. Nintendo probably knows EVERYTHING about the pokemon games, in particular where everything is in the sav. If they don't, they can probably get whatever information they want from Game Freak.

Compared to Game Freak/Nintendo, we know very little. While we do have access to the ROM and all the information we want is there. Its hard for us to decipher everything. On the other hand Game Freak has the source code for the games. So for us to know what they check or what they can check would be very hard.

But the main reason why I don't want game enhancing to touch any of my carts that I might end up using in a tournament is that I think that Nintendo Tournaments are made for people who play the game how Nintendo intends the game to be played. I also think that when we buy the game we have a right to do with it as we please, (including extracting the rom, the sav, using ram editing or deciding we'd rather play the rom on our flashcart), as long as it will not intrude on other's experience. Using game enhancers and then going to a tournament is disrespectful to the people who make sacrifices to play the game as Nintendo intends and then go to their tournaments. I doubt that I will go through the breeding or soft re-setting that would be required to make the team that I would use. But if in my research I discover something that will allow me to cut my team building time and is 100% legit, then I will use that. Otherwise I will stay out of Nintendo Tournaments and stick to having fun with game enhancers and researching the game.

It really isn't that hard to breed for decent IVs and nature, even easier if you can exploit the RNG.

any luck on obtaining this yet?

It hasn't happened yet, and I'm guessing it'll be a bit more secure than TRU events are.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be going to the one in PA June 6th. If someone can tell me where to get this "flash cart" and how to use it correctly, I will gladly share my WC with PP if I get one.

I will try to enter, but even if I get in I wont get far xD I don't hack and I am not the best at EV training, but I will try. Any suggestions on a team haha.

You say pretty easy, but what you just said was Greek to me. Put the Firmware on the and? Like I said I don't Hack or play with ROMS or anything so forgive my nOObish ways. ^^; I am sure I wouldn't have a problem using it, but someone will have to explain it in detail to me.

If someone has a link to where I can read how to use them it would be most helpful. If not, then I guess I will just have to enjoy the event and tell you all how awesome it was later haha xD

They are being very secure as far as this one goes.

Yes, the shiny Milotic is a wonder card event, and you can only get it if you decide to participate. You have to have Platinum only, and you give your game cart and DS (except DSi, then just cart) and they put in an event cart in the GBA slot (Looks like a dark grey Drill Dozer cart). And yes, they check for the legality of your cart as well.

Here are some stats for the Milotic -

Shiny

Timid - Forced across all Milotics

Flame Orb

-Rain Dance

-Recover

-Hydro Pump

-Icy Wind

Caught in Cherish Ball

255 Beauty and 150 Sheen

Met at LV 50 - Pokemon Event - Fateful Encounter

Classic Ribbon

OT - VGC09 / Male

ID - 5099

SID -14128

IVs Randomized

F4 on 46h and 0B on 47h

And here's a nice little thing, legal.exe says it's hacked as its type, everything else is good though.

There was a 2/5 chance of someone being picked because of the turnout for Seniors, and the machines used for official matches were interesting:

You place the cart in a white box(Stack 3 Wiis flat on each other, then get another stack and put the stack's back together, thats the approimate shape/size), and it has a special cord coming of the side to connect to a DS lite's DS slot. These boxes can output the matches to TVs, force the wireless functions to the person also connected to your box, and possibly perform checks. You aren't using your DS.

And here's a nice little thing, legal.exe says it's hacked as its type, everything else is good though.

There was a 2/5 chance of someone being picked because of the turnout for Seniors, and the machines used for official matches were interesting:

You place the cart in a white box(Stack 3 Wiis flat on each other, then get another stack and put the stack's back together, thats the approimate shape/size), and it has a special cord coming of the side to connect to a DS lite's DS slot. These boxes can output the matches to TVs, force the wireless functions to the person also connected to your box, and possibly perform checks. You aren't using your DS.

I think these Boxes where Capture/Debug-Devices, very rare and expensive to get :D

Legal.exe has an event database, thats why its hacked.

edit: There are 2 capture-devices in the white box, they are connected using a LAN-cable.

They can't check anything.

Edited by NTR-AAQE-USA

If I don't use any hacked pokemon, but have them in my boxes, can they still figure it out?

Tournament rules say any illegal Pokemon, even if it's not in your registered party, can get you banned. From reading about the tournaments, it seems they only check non-registered Pokes from those who advance to some of the top spots.

I don't have any special tools that come to mind in really helping me except an AR and AceKard, which, if I can get a code that can make the WC redistributable byte/bit be "on" to another Plat at least, I can send it to my AK Plat and contribute it here.

I have an unused WC and got a copy of my friend's Milotic, and yes I was there.

Well you should be able to dump the save over a wifi connection using your AceKard. There's a tutorial here; it's geared more toward dumping a ROM but to dump a save all you have to do different is select the corresponding action on the DS.

Let me know if wifi's not an option for you or if you have any difficulties getting it working, as I'd really like to get the full WC onto the site.

Thanks!

ignore the battle and look at the side you can see the white boxes. its also shown at the end of the video

What are those boxes :) ?

The battle zone where you fight your rival, while it's showed on the max tv ? And how is that showed through the tv ? Too cool, i'd like to have one in Italy...

Well Pory, I'll see if I can do that, keyword being can, as I'm in extremely low control over any internet dealings here as my roommates own the router and cable is in their name, and they work on many ports(I know 8080 is one of them).

But I'll see if I can manage to get that to work while they're sleeping :) Thanks for the tut, you should be seeing the WC here soon, don't let the thread die.

On another note, I'm going to Phoenix for the regionals again, so I'll pick up another WC with another cart, so we can check if anything is any different, just-in-case type thing.

If I can't manage the WC tonight, I'm already in Phoenix, then it'll have to wait until Monday.

Well Pory, I'll see if I can do that, keyword being can, as I'm in extremely low control over any internet dealings here as my roommates own the router and cable is in their name, and they work on many ports(I know 8080 is one of them).

But I'll see if I can manage to get that to work while they're sleeping :) Thanks for the tut, you should be seeing the WC here soon, don't let the thread die.

On another note, I'm going to Phoenix for the regionals again, so I'll pick up another WC with another cart, so we can check if anything is any different, just-in-case type thing.

If I can't manage the WC tonight, I'm already in Phoenix, then it'll have to wait until Monday.

Awesome. Thanks for letting us know!