Event: Shiny Milotic Event in the USA

NewsBot

Just a heads up to any prospects who may be able to get this: The only way they have of limiting the distribution to registrants is to use a slot-2 distribution. This means they will plug a special cart into the GBA slot of your DS which will do what the wireless distribution normally would.

Now, the issue with that is that whoever is in charge of loading the distro cart into your DS will obviously know if you're using a flashcart. So if you can, take your retail cart to the event and back up the save later. It you can't... I don't know what Nintendo would do but it probably wouln't be give you the event.

I have the required equipment for backing up a save from a retail cart and if nobody uploads it I would happily pay shipping both ways to back up the Wonder Card (in exchange, the person who does this will get a free ride to the Contributor rank and our eternal gratitude :D).

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ill be heading to the national in st louis since i am already here so ill try and get this shiny but i have no clue how to upload it need less to say time to start training or downloading the legit program

You would need a flashcard to be able to do a direct dump. Unless of course, they allow you to make the Pokemon Wondercard with exact stats and whatnot. Although I see that as to be quite strange. ._.

not really if you train your pokemon instead of hacking pokemon

Using "hacked" pokemon, provided they have legal stats, and pass the legal checker, will be indistinguishable. I don't see this being a factor.

I plan on entering the tourney in TX. So theoretically if I max out all of my IV's at 31 for all of my pokemon and have my EV's set up to no more than 510 total & no more than 256 / stat, my pokemon should be tournament legal? I don't know what the legal checker checks, but then again I don't plan on using hacked pokemon, but I'm sure others will try.

Also, I can send you my SAV/WC from the TX tourney.

so far the only decent idea is beating up a little kid

even so I dont think its gonna be full of little kids cos they cant seem to beat their games nor have a clue what ivs/evs are!!!!LOL

I plan on entering the tourney in TX. So theoretically if I max out all of my IV's at 31 for all of my pokemon and have my EV's set up to no more than 510 total & no more than 256 / stat, my pokemon should be tournament legal? I don't know what the legal checker checks, but then again I don't plan on using hacked pokemon, but I'm sure others will try.

Sweet. Just PM me the SAV or WC when you get it or attach it to one of your posts in the Event Pokemon sub-forum.

Might take a little more than this, some pokemon can't seem to get 31 in all stats legally, need legit location, legit location hatched etc...for certain moves, also need to watch it on hatched pokemon because they don't work under the same system, I think the new pokesav checks for this though. I'm short on time at the moment and most of the info is spread around the internet, feel free to ask though if you have more questions on this.

This tournament will mostly consist of 15-18 year old nerdy boys with horn-rimmed glasses and unreal amounts of acne covering their over-determined looking faces.

Lulz. I thought so XDDD I may not WIN, but I bet I'll get pretty far. Let alone I may get a few admirers, as I'm a 21-year-old female ^^;; (Oh god... Registration is going to be AWKWARD)

Hee hee. I've got a TTDS, don't fret :33

i plan on going to the phily event so if i can get in i will grab the milotic. but i have no flash cart or anyother external device other than AR. from what i can read the entrants will be chosen at random after the registration period. its like a 3 hr drive for me but im cool with it. any advice on what i can do with my cart in terms of transfer of the data would be cool. maybe i'll see some of ya there

i plan on going to the phily event so if i can get in i will grab the milotic. but i have no flash cart or anyother external device other than AR. from what i can read the entrants will be chosen at random after the registration period. its like a 3 hr drive for me but im cool with it. any advice on what i can do with my cart in terms of transfer of the data would be cool. maybe i'll see some of ya there

You can't. You'll need a flashcart, or give your Plat cart to someone with a flashcart so they can upload it.

You'd think Nintendo's hack checker would be as thorough as Legal.exe?

Hotskittyonwailord, the mod at SPPF who was the judge at last year's tournament, says it is very thorough. He saw numerous people with Pokemon who "look" legal but weren't. Now, if that's just because they did a bad job hacking and didn't have their PIV-ID or something like that done correctly, or it really is all that powerful, who knows?

You can read her posts about it throughout this thread:

link

He obviously never got to talk to the people who made the Nintendo Rom Check so how it exactly works is only based on observation, but she did notice one unique aspect: if an Action Replay had been used on a cart, it would set off a flag and alert the checker.

• 2 weeks later...

I do not trust any mod at Serebii to have the required technical knowledge or common sense to determine legality of Pokemon.

Regarding ARDS setting off a bit, there is no evidence of this. When I get time, I will use NO$GBA to verify this statement. Unfortunately, I do not have an actual ARDS, otherwise I would use my real cartridge. I hope the results will be the same.

Also, Nintendo intended the PID & IVs to be "sufficiently random", therefore I do not believe for a second that they would check the relationship. Even if they do, a good hacker will make sure EVERYTHING is within legal limits.

I do not trust any mod at Serebii to have the required technical knowledge or common sense to determine legality of Pokemon.

Most of the posts are just him talking about how he saw the hack checker being used. He has no overt reason to lie or make anything up, but of course like any non-Nintendo/PUSA/Pokemon Co. official, their word should be taken with a grain of salt.

It's also very possible that all of the hacks that the device checked weren't actually legal in every sense of the word, hence leading to thinking it's a lot more effective than it actually is.

these are the people who made the games they could have machines that you put in the carts and check them for all we know!!!!

also I could easily beat up/steal the DS of a geeky 18yr old!!!! easier than a little kid no guilt!!!!LOL but seriously I could (brown belt judo!!!!!! (it goes brown then black and Im under 16 so there are no Dan grades))

Add more exclamation marks please.

To be a bruiser and off-topic, being a brown belt means nothing when it comes to violence, especially since Karate shouldn't be used in order to gain something, but to defend when all other methods (reasoning for instance) cannot resolve the impasse.

I know you're joking, but I'm bothered to see you joshing with Karate.

To be more on-topic. I don't think Nintendo is efficient in their checks as everyone makes them out to be.

• 3 weeks later...