Next major feature

Codr

Whic major feature would you like to see added next?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Whic major feature would you like to see added next?

• Item editing
    • Mystery Gift support
    • More options for customizing the program
    • Other (Post and explain.)

I believe PokeSav AR export only works for JPN games, actually. The translated version didn't change the code values so yeah, they don't work with our games.

Grovyle's MGE, IMO, is awesome for 4th Gen. A lot of additional options and apparent bugs here and there, IIRC, made the 5th Gen one unusable to me, which is why I'm currently using PokeStock. Wish Grovyle would come back and continue his project, it really is an awesome tool.

The BW Poksav's AR export works on US/EU games just fine as I've used before myself. The only exception, as far as I know, is the generated Mystery Gift codes when it comes to using real ARDSi hardware. The generated codes are so large that the ARDSi hardware can't handle them. However, the MG codes generated by the BW Pokesav do work on emulators/flashcarts as far as I know.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mystery Gift support is nearing completion (probably a few days), however, something disappointing has been discovered. It's fairly unlikely that it'll be possible to generate codes for generation 5 Wonder Cards. This is because the data is encrypted, and the AR hardware doesn't provide a means of performing the necessary calculations to encrypt it via codes. There are some pretty "hacky" ways to potentially do it, which I'll be looking into, but I'm not optimistic. It's also possible that the data is stored unencrypted somewhere that's actually re-copied to the save file before a save occurs. If such a place exists, that would make the process easy, but I don't know yet.

Edit: Attempts to find a place in memory where the data is unencrypted and copied to the save file have failed.

Edit2: After way, way too much time, a hacky solution has been successful. Code support will be possible for Black/White.

Edited by Codr

It's possible that there could be some unintended effects from the code, but I'm quite sure there won't be any problems. Regardless, should anything be reported, it's not like it can't be fixed.

It's definitely going to be Mystery Gift support next. However, I've decided that for now, it's only going to be for inserting them into save files and generating codes for them, not editing of the data. I don't see the point in editing them.

One reason I'd edit them in gen 4 was to make them shareable... So you could go to events and things and use share on things people may have missed... or sometimes it was just to get some things that were possibly never really released.. (Like the flute) even if it's not really legit and AR codes could do the same thing, I just liked getting it through a card better... felt like there was less of a chance of an AR code going wrong and messing something else up that it's not meant to.. (Even if there's no way it could do that, I just liked it..)

Editing of Wonder Cards definitely isn't going to happen. At this point, it looks like item editing isn't either, or at least not any time soon. I'd say the next update (aside from any bugs that're discovered) will be when Black/White 2 come out.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I've never considered Item Editing much of an issue, since there are already AR codes to just have every Item in a given bag at x995... (I never use it with Key Items, of course)

With the addition of Mystery Gift support, that pretty much tops off any of my hopes as well! ^_^ I don't really have much interest in editing them. If I want to edit them, I'll just use a MGE and then export that to PokeGen. Or just Generate the Pokemon and not waste the extra time. -_-;

However, I do hope to suggest one (hopefully) really small edit to the the program's interface: Currently, to set the Hidden Ability flag, you have to go to the "Extra bytes" and edit the correct one. Yes, it's the first one, and just change it to "1", but it would be nice if that could be a simple checkbox next to Ability's dropbox. That way a person wouldn't have to jump tabs/risk forgetting to set it later.

I think that'd be rather nice. ^_^

However, I do hope to suggest one (hopefully) really small edit to the the program's interface: Currently, to set the Hidden Ability flag, you have to go to the "Extra bytes" and edit the correct one. Yes, it's the first one, and just change it to "1", but it would be nice if that could be a simple checkbox next to Ability's dropbox.

I agree, it could use that at this point, since the value has been well established as being used for that purpose.

Editing of Wonder Cards definitely isn't going to happen. At this point, it looks like item editing isn't either, or at least not any time soon. I'd say the next update (aside from any bugs that're discovered) will be when Black/White 2 come out.

Why would item editing not happen?

• 2 months later...

itemswq.png

(This is still being worked on.)

And for those not in the Facebook group, save state support is also going to be in the next release. (It's already done, I'm just waiting on the Japanese Black 2/White 2 release.)

I voted for 'other.' It's not a major issue to be updated, but if the next update to 'gen would come out, I'd like to see the nickname portion to be similar to 'savs, and by that I mean just clicking a button to input the selected Pokemon's name into the nickname box.

I save a shell file that I load up with basic info and use every time I create 'mon for a team. I use this to save me some time. I've done this for many years with 'sav, but one thing that is a little annoying is having to re-type the selected Pokemons name into the nickname box, otherwise it'll have the nickname 'Abomasnow' (which is chosen as my shell file, because it's the first 'mon to appear on the list).

So in 'sav, when I'd load up the shell file, all I needed to do was change around the nature, IV's for Hidden Power, etc., and the nickname. All I had to do was click the nickname button to match the 'mon I had chosen from the dropbox. I hope that with 'gens next update, a feature exact or similar to this one would be implemented, as it would be very useful. Or one that automatically adds the name of the 'mon. Once I choose my Species, that Pokemons name will automatically be filled in the nickname slot. This will save me having to type out its name in the nickname slot or hitting a button to generate its name in the slot.

~ Aether Nexus

The thread's poll was made several months ago. The favorite was implemented, and now another of the options is implemented, but not yet released. All of this is information available to you, so I honestly have no idea how you didn't get that the poll is useless at this point.

As for what you were talking about, leave the nickname editbox blank. If that's not what you meant, I have no idea what you're talking about.

itemswq.png

(This is still being worked on.)

And for those not in the Facebook group, save state support is also going to be in the next release. (It's already done, I'm just waiting on the Japanese Black 2/White 2 release.)

Will we be able to generate AR code for the items? I figure so, but was just wondering.

The thread's poll was made several months ago. The favorite was implemented, and now another of the options is implemented, but not yet released. All of this is information available to you, so I honestly have no idea how you didn't get that the poll is useless at this point.

As for what you were talking about, leave the nickname editbox blank. If that's not what you meant, I have no idea what you're talking about.

I just read the first few posts then posted. And I don't keep up with PokeGen updates and whatnot, so I had no clue on what's in and what's out. But now I do.

Yeah, leaving the nickname blank does help, but it doesn't quite help when I save a 'mon from tabs and re-load it to save me time. What I do is enter in all my information (ID, SID, basic 'mon information like type of Ball, level, etc.) and save the 'mon as an Abomasnow (the first 'mon from the drop down list) and save it to my PC. When I make teams or any 'mon later in the future, I just re-load that file and create my 'mon/team. The issue that stands is: the nickname stays as Abomasnow (or w/e Pokemon is chosen) and I would have to keep deleting that name so my generated 'mon doesn't get that nickname.

Also, I just found out that I cant click on any of the boxes below after loading up the save file mentioned. The boxes below meaning shiny, egg, male/female, etc. They're phazed off and unclickable for some odd reason. You understand what's going on now? If not, I'll take some print screens to show what I exactly mean.

Edit: Quick toss-in question as well: when I extract the files to my PC, do I really need to extract those language .txt files as well? The program works without them, but what exactly are those for?

~ Aether Nexus

Also, I just found out that I cant click on any of the boxes below after loading up the save file mentioned. The boxes below meaning shiny, egg, male/female, etc. They're phazed off and unclickable for some odd reason. You understand what's going on now? If not, I'll take some print screens to show what I exactly mean.

~ Aether Nexus

Clear the PID box and those boxes should become visible. As far as I understand, PIDs determine or are determined by things like Nature, Sex, Shiny, and IVs which is why you can't change them without starting with a blank PID.

Suggesting an idea for a feature: Memory Link support for B2W2. When you load up B2W2 in Pokegen, there could be an option to activate Memory Link by loading the relevant data from a BW save file. I'm not sure how easy or how difficult that would be to implement.

Suggesting an idea for a feature: Memory Link support for B2W2. When you load up B2W2 in Pokegen, there could be an option to activate Memory Link by loading the relevant data from a BW save file. I'm not sure how easy or how difficult that would be to implement.

If I do something like that, it'll be after the translation project is more complete. It's way too annoying figuring things out when I can't read it.

Very very minor being able change ID and Secret ID would be a nice addition of the program.

This is incredibly easy to add in terms of reading/writing the data, it's just that it has nowhere it can currently fit in the UI. There would need to be a dialog for general save file data or something. (Which isn't a problem to add, I just don't like to.)

There are some new things coming in the next release.

I have an idea for item-related features:

- "All TMs" button

- When editing particular category of items ("items", "medicine" etc.), allow only ones that can be put in the corresponding compartment of bag. For example, Rare Candy or PP Max won't work in the Items compartment, and Max Repel won't work in medicine one, so having that fool-proof feature would help a bit.

I was just thinking,

That perhaps some people might want to change their game sav OT and ID,

So perhaps that option would be nice :D

I think everyone would like and leave the pokegen more than perfect, it would be the option to edit the trainer card as did the pokestock.

Excellent work Codr for his great job.

I was just thinking,

That perhaps some people might want to change their game sav OT and ID,

So perhaps that option would be nice :D

Plus secret ID, amount of money, and rival's name. Those are things that could be edited with Pokesav.