How Would You Improve Some Pokemon (Competitively)?

wraith89

That is true, however, I was referring to today's metagame. you see, Haxorus... No wait not even that. Charizard?

I can understand crunch (which it has) but dragon claw? Come on dude. X_X

Electric is uber powerful? I don't see too many electric types in OU, and I can't name too many that are very powerful. Eh, I'm clearly missing something.

I tried it, didn't work too well... Now ZAP CANNON. >:L

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haxorus is just too noob. It doesn't even count. Skarm with or without Sturdy's new effect: still fine. Sturdy was not all too necessary because Stealth Rocks and other residual stuff.

Yeah because I have no other Dragon moves to give to the Gen III hack version of Hydreigon. Dragonbreath ---> Outrage? No middle move... this is trolling .___.

Btw it already has Crunch.

More like unfair advantage of electrics. Such as Electivire vs Jynx/Magmortar, Zapdos vs Articuno/Moltres, etc... they are too partial to electrics whenever there are counterparts and stuff. Heck, even Thundershock has 30 PP while its counterparts had like 25 (Ember/Powder Snow/Water Gun). Oh, and the weaker Vine Whip with lol 10 PP. It got bumped up to 15 starting from Gen IV, but that is still not enough. It doesn't mean they're OU: it just means electrics always had some sort of an upper hand. That and they are the only typing that isn't Normal to only have one weakness. I know electrics in general were fragile and all, but still, come on. And back in Gen I and II, Jolteon and Zapdos were very OU: their other counterparts were less than that.

Zap Cannon at + 2 Coil is ~ 83% accurate (same effect as Gravity)... it is too risky.

Haxorus just does not count. >.<

I am well aware it has crunch. In fact, I said it did. :/

Oh, I see... Eelektross is not a counter part to anything though. I just wish it had a better movepool, because it deserves it, and GameFreak is just trolling. >.< They're too obvious.

83%? on the plus side, that is the same level as stone edge. An immediate paralyzation if it hits is always welcome!

Speaking of which, he should learn edgequake... Hey why not? he's far from broken. He's in NU and is a challenge to use physically.

Actually, Special Crunch for Gen III somewhat makes up for the lack of Dragon Claw... kind of. The coverage is still not as great though.

83% paralysis rate, not bad, but the limited PP and how Grounds can just come in as a free switch-in makes that option very disturbing. Eh, Edgequake belongs to something more deserving like Entei. Eelektross is good enough as a wallbreaker: it really does not need the Rock/Ground coverage, but it would be cool if it had something like Nasty Plot. Now imagine that thing getting Firefly Glow: how scary would that be?

I still think Eelektross wants some water move. I don't know about waterfall as it looks more of an ocean dweller, not a Seaking, but Surf and Dive do not sounds illogical right? BW is so strange... Tynamo floating in a cave of all places.

Last thing I need to see is Leafeon getting Flare Blitz before Flareon.

Oh no I am not giving it everything! Eelektross is self-sustainable and versatile enough: fitting it all in 4 moveslots is already difficult enough! The biggest problem you might be having is its speed and poor defensive typing: no weaknesses is nothing without resistances, which is why steels wall beautifully and Spiritomb is not always relied upon.

Even so, the eel finds itself walled by Lanturn, but so do most electrics, despite coverage.

nnnnnnnnnnnnope.

Needs earthquake. :P

On a serious note though, here's Golurk. Give it the elemental punches. It has Iron Fist, so... Or at least other punching moves. "Oh but it has focus punch", well, shadow punch itself is not too strong, focus punch is walled by other ghosts and bugs (ultimately wall: steel/ghost) and it's got a terrible ability with klutz, which could be replaced by something other than that.

Nuuu not Earthquake. :P

Seriously, I don't know how else one would improve its coverage: it is already very versatile. I still think the main issue is its speed and its less than stellar defences. But what could one do?

Shadow Punch does not hit hard enough. This thing, I thought initially, was pretty bulky, but it needs Substitute set up and force out a switch before it can do anything. 89/80/80 defences were not as bulky as I thought, especially when uninvested. I think it needs more HP or something. I guess Klutz fits lorewise (I don't know how it does, but okay), but I ran a Subpunch with Shadow Punch and EQ set... I think it needs more survivability: it does not survive as well as I thought it would.

Immunity to Normal/Fighting/Electric, all useful, making it easier to switch into Choiced Pokemon with those attacks, which are plenty.

Resistant to: Poison (4x, but lol), Rock (very useful), Bug (useful as well)

Weakness to : Ice (really bad), Water (bad), Grass (bad), Ghost (uh oh), Dark (Pursuit is scary!)

Yes it needs more bulk. How does Darmanitan have more base HP than this thing anyways?

Like Zapdos? lol

Eh, to be honest, the legendary birds are "equal" in terms of base stats: typing is what makes it unequal and then to add further insult to injury they added Stealth Rocks, gave Zapdos Heat Wave, Lightningrod in Dream World, and the stats were aligned perfectly well. I still think a change in movepool would help some of the other birds. They must have given up improving the other two birds or something, though Moltres improved a lot: it's really annoying me.

Conkeldurr, Excadrill, Haxorus... oh you would like that .__.

Haxorus will undoubtedly get Fire Punch and just make the game cheesier. Watch. And it won't even be "ubers" because of its "low defences" and "exploitable speed". Why does that matter if it OHKOs everything anyways?

Black Entry (from Serebii): They crawl out of the ocean using their arms. They will attack prey on shore and immediately drag it into the ocean.

Thus stating that it lives in water.

I always felt like dex entries are the random joke part of the game.

Some of them are interesting, some are funny and some are outright ridiculous nonsense.

And yeah, there's Tynamo in Chargestone cave, that's it.

Unless BW2 will have this line found somewhere in water, I wouldn't take its dex entry serious.

I doubt it though. More likely Chargestone cave would have deeper parts with the line more common and maybe an Eelektrik here and there along with the (confirmed) Magnemites and the like.. besides with old pokemon, they got plenty of fellas to fill the few water places with now, unlike before.

But on the other hand, I would love to see some proper aquatic pokemon that are not Water type. As so far they've only touched upon it with fossils and Stunfisk I guess.

Where am I going lol.

Hmm, I'd like to think it lives in water. After all, that's how they're supposed to be, but then again, Gamefreak likes to write things in there that contradict the species' whereabouts, stats, and sometimes even existence. :/

Tynamo should be in water, but I think that because they wanted it to be very rare, they put it in one cave... Without water... It makes no sense to me.

Let's hope they make it less nonsensical. :(

It doesn't matter how much attack you give Ramparodos (unless it is 255), the only thing hurting him really is that speed and his weakness to three types of common priority attacks: Bullet Punch, Aqua Jet, and Mach Punch/Vacuum Wave. His attack is good enough: I mean, if Haxorus rages with that 147, why isn't Rampardos's 165 any more frightening? Rock STAB is pretty powerful, just resisted by Fighters and Steels and Grounds makes it kind of unwieldly though, but his movepool is good enough. It is just that amount of effort you have to put in to him to make him worthwhile: he is too hard to handle and does not force much switches.

Uglymoth does what it was built to do. It is not broken, but rather unwieldly. It has a lot of weaknesses, particularly on the physical side, but it is scary. Not broken though.

I do not believe Tynamo being in waters is wrong at all. You know, if they had only created a lake in that area where one finds Tynamo... you know? But they did not even do that! No... it HAD to float around that certain area because it levitates... uggh. Eelektross reminds me of that one boss from Megaman Zero 3... that electric eel. Electrics are weak to Ice in that game.

Derpfish may not be in waters, but at least he is in marshes and has access to standard water issues like Surf or Scald. Eelektross without Surf is strange, but at least it does not completely destroy Rhydon or something, I guess. But that is what Grass Knot is for :/

It was kind of a joke. I know what hurts Rampardos, but it's a little too late to save it now I suppose. :/

Volcarona is beautiful. Silence. >:x

Isn't it hinted that it's a water dweller? Kind of ironic?

He kind of is... You have to surf/fish for them anyways...

Uglymoth was a joke back then when BW was new: BW Pokemon looked so ugly from Serebii... I was going to yell so much. "This cannot be real!"

I got over Volcarona's design now though: it looks pretty cool except I feel they could have done a bit better. But I am okay with this.

You get Stunfisk by fishing? I did not know that. I just found one by stepping on a puddle. Ouch, must have been a shock for my character!

>:x

I am not referring to the sprites. I like it's design, but that's me. And this is completely irrelevant to the thread... So...

I'll edit this and post a pokemon that is under powered or whatever...

Seems I also responded to the wrong comment. My bad. :D

Too bad the only thing that even indicated a Pokemon's design at that point were the sprites. Official artworks did not come out until later, and most of them were just polished and bigger resolution version of their sprites, including their postures and all. I was quite disappointed.

Tropius still needs better stats: its real life counterpart is so ferocious that no hippopotamus nor crocodiles dwell where they live. Its movepool is pretty good I think: it just needs bigger stats someplace. And perhaps give it Hurricane, though it does not show up in rain teams. But Volcarona has Hurricane as well and it does not usually use the rain team either... so lorewise, it is not a bad idea either.

When I first saw Volcarona's sprite I was thinking of a cyclops. The resolution was so bad, how could I help it? Knowing that's it not, however, I am happy. :)

What is Tropius based on? A mythological creature, or a dinosaur? I'm guessing the latter. However, I can't comment much on that, because I don't know how it would be improved.

Give Durant earthquake.

Tropius is a flying colourful banana version of this scary creature from the Congo jungles. I am interested in crypto-zoology, and I believe these are real. Yes, it is a modern dinosaur. Gamefreak even gave it Dragon Dance to show its relationship with dragons...

Oh I know what WOULD also improve Tropius: NATURAL DRAGON DANCE or LEAF BLADE, so it can have BOTH in one moveset! >:/

You and your bugs... Durant is already too scary... hate that Stone Edge of its. Giving it Earthquake = one dead Infernape, especially since that 1 extra base speed trolls on Infernape's. I can see Durant Earthquaking though... in groups. Unova must be scary with such killer ants. Imagine an army of those... that would be hard to deal with. I need a Heatmor around here!

Crawdaunt and Whiscash also has Dragon Dance for some bizarre reason. Whiscash might be because of its association with the Namanzu... I don't know if it means it is a dragon, but whatever. I have no idea regarding Crawdaunt.

I wouldn't object to EQ on Durant though. It seems plausible... but a little too strong then :3