Pokegen Support on Mac OSX 10.5.8

Herbert

Hey all,

I'm new here and hoping I posted this in the correct section of the forums. Let's get to it.

I'm trying to run Pokegen on my Macbook, which currently has Mac OSX 10.5.8 installed on it, as well as the latest version of x11. I'm playing Pokemon Black using DeSmuMe (latest version) as an emulator, and hoping to get some cool pokémon (including pkmn from previous generations) to train from an early level.

I tried downloading Wine (v 1.1.44) and Winebox (v 1.1.44), but to no avail. I attempted to create a custom prefix following how-to guides I found in various places online (such as this one) and I think I did everything correctly. When I attempted to create a prefix for and subsequently open Pokegen, no window popped up. Instead, I see only the menu options (on the horizontal bar across the top of the screen) for Wine Bottler. Later, searching the forums, I found that Pokegen will not run using Wine on Mac OSX 10.6 or earlier...

So, I attempted to open Pokegen using Crossover, which kindof worked... I chose the Pokegen executable file as my installer file (Crossover describes this as "The file you select will be launched to install the application"). I then chose to create a windows XP bottle for the program, and hit "Install". Halfway into "installing" the program, Pokegen simply launches. At first I was like :creep:, then I was like :cool:, but then quickly I became :frown: I couldn't upload the save state created by Desmume because this Crossever-ed Pokegen didn't recognize .dst files (or is it always like that?). I could, however, load a .dsv that I think my emulator creates when I save the game in-game using my poke-gear. Unfortunately, what Pokegen opened was a buggy version of my game save; it didn't accurately show the pokemon I had in my party, and didn't detect most of the pokemon I had in my box. Soon thereafter, Pokegen crashed. Then I was like :mad:

I opened Pokegen once more and Looking around this forum, I found a link to this site, where I uploaded my .dst save file and converted it into both .sav and .duc formats. When I attempted to load them, Pokegen gave me an "Invalid file" error message. I've tried 11 of the different target formats offered by the above site, but none of them worked. To top it all off, the .dsv that had previously opened, albeit buggily, now also gives me the same error message. At this point, I'm really frustrated and hoping that someone here knows what I'm going through and can help me out. Thank you very much in advance.

-H

Of course, a thread that actually belongs in the PokeGen section doesn't get put there, while everything else does.

Upload the .dsv file that you said crashed PokeGen, if you even have it still. Assuming this isn't a result of the emulator, I haven't heard of any such claims for a while.

DST files (save states) aren't supported, but only because I don't know what's in the format and haven't spent much time trying to figure it out.

@Codr

Thank you so much for your quick reply. I wish I could say, "Oh man, that was exactly what I was looking for! Thanks a bunch! You da bomb!" but I unfortunately cannot. After a good night's sleep and a cup of coffee, I opened Pokegen using cross over this morning, and tried loading my save state. For some unknown reason, everything worked smoothly. So, thanks again, and thanks for helping make this baller product known as Pokégen!

-H