Dreamworld Hack Tool

What will happen now that the Global Link will be closed in October for Gen V?

Dec 10, 2013 is the actual date to do a final tuck in of a Pokemon, while Jan 14 is the last date to wake one up, get items, change C-Gear skins, etc...

I'd imagine that nothing will happen until the new one is launched and people will see if DW.exe will work or not.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need some kind of mock DW server through DNS or something similar to the GTS programs, specially for berries and other items.

No developer is psychic and next gen tools can't be developed until the next generation is actually, you know, released.

EDIT: I misunderstood what you posted. You can still get items on existing GTS servers. Make a pkm file with the held item you want and then upload it to pokegts.us or whatever.

We need some kind of mock DW server through DNS or something similar to the GTS programs, specially for berries and other items.

It's kind of odd that it hasn't been done already. Considering we have fake GTS server proxies. I'm guessing the connection is heavily encrypted, and no one has cracked it, yet.

Or maybe, there is not enough incentive to figure it out.

Edited by Killov
I stand corrected.

Held items would need to be transferred one by one, that's kind of a hassle for games where I can't manipulate the whole save, and let's be honest, I will miss DW Pokemon with their abilities.

You're assuming Gen 5 will let us transfer held items.

I'm not saying they won't. But they stopped it from 4->5.

Btw, we don't have fake GTS servers. Only hacks on the real one. Try hosting a GTS hack without your computer having access to the real one, and it won't work.

So you're saying if Gen v GTS were to disconnect permanently, shiny2 GTS server will stop working?

In regards to closing of DW,

Anyhow, if you can access your sav, you can still use pokestock Or pikaedit.

For those who can't access their savs,

start a new game on emulator, hack in your tid Sid ot name, use pokestock to input decided pokes into entra forest,

catch them and then use pokegen to extract the pkm and fakegts it to your cart...

Edited by theSLAYER
grammatical errors

Correct. The spoofed GTS only changes a small aspect of data, the remainder of requested data comes from the official GTS servers.

I've actually used it a few times, but I never knew!

Anyway, they're just shutting down DW, and claimed will support GTS support, so any of the alternatives I suggested for obtaining DW probably won't be affected...

• 2 months later...
Btw, we don't have fake GTS servers. Only hacks on the real one. Try hosting a GTS hack without your computer having access to the real one, and it won't work.
Correct. The spoofed GTS only changes a small aspect of data, the remainder of requested data comes from the official GTS servers.

While this is technically true, we *could* actually have a full-on fake GTS server. It's just that spoofing the entirety of the GTS communications, including the initial handshakes and the like would add a lot more code, be a lot more complex to test and make work, for not much actual extra benefit, since we can just piggyback the official servers and skip all that work.

I've actually used it a few times, but I never knew!

Anyway, they're just shutting down DW, and claimed will support GTS support, so any of the alternatives I suggested for obtaining DW probably won't be affected...

While true, I'm actually still interested in seeing if we can figure out what protocols the DW is using to communicate with the game, since sending up to 10 pkm and seemingly unlimited numbers of items all at once seems like a much faster solution for transferring pokemon than sending 1 pokemon+1 item at a time.

I tried tethering my DS to my phone and running Wireshark this morning to capture the traffic, only to find that that's a really terrible way of doing things because the output format is crap, so I'm going to look into it later tonight on my desktop at home and see if I can figure out what's happening. My initial test was a bit confusing, showing both unencrypted communications and SSL communications. If it's the latter case, then it's highly unlikely that it'll work (for the same reason the Wonder Card distribution servers haven't been spoofed).

I'll update this thread with more information, but if anyone is interested in helping, I'm also lurking in the IRC.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a few questions:

1. Can this be done multiple times or only once per day?

2. If there any way to do it without actually tucking a Pokemon in/a way to generate a fake Pokemon just to tuck in?

3. If you don't go to the tree in the center, will you still have all the items? Or do you need to go to the tree to actually save the items you earned?

Sorry if these are stupid questions.

Just a few questions:

1. Can this be done multiple times or only once per day?

2. If there any way to do it without actually tucking a Pokemon in/a way to generate a fake Pokemon just to tuck in?

3. If you don't go to the tree in the center, will you still have all the items? Or do you need to go to the tree to actually save the items you earned?

Sorry if these are stupid questions.

1. Once per day

2. You need a real Pokémon. The program does what could be done normally, just really fast.

3. I don't think so, you should be able to keep your items.

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I'd release this public now that there's only about a month left of Dream World.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/32ddajr4022cix8/pdwbot.rar

Works the same as what you people have been doing, just put cookies.txt in the folder with the .exe. If you need to get points for the medals or pokemiles milestones before the shutdown, this'll be the way to do it. Allows you to do everything at your berry plots, go to the islands, select a pokemon from the tree, water other peoples' berries, and other stuff without ever having to load the Flash site.

All console based, there are bugs, I know how to fix them, but they don't really matter.

Items use index number: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_items_by_index_number_(Generation_V)

Berries for berry plots and the islands use berry number: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Berry#List_of_Berries_3

Screenshots: http://imgur.com/axnBui8,UaRFS62,ntmGEwL#0

• 4 years later...