ouch!(father son conflict)

darklord

my dad is trying to kill me! every day he beats me up if he's in the city and i don't want to get hurt anymore but what do i do? and i have to put up with people making fun of me all the time let alone being treated like a waiter at home and getting nearly killed by my father there is nothing i can do :confused:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOT!your 18 and your dad still hits you?!

Still...? Parents should never hit their children.

darklord, the degree to which your describing it sounds like a pretty serious case of child abuse. I don't think it should be tolerated even in the least bit.

I really think you should think about contacting some kind of authority on the matter very soon.

What country do you live in?

Still...? Parents should never hit their children.

darklord, the degree to which your describing it sounds like a pretty serious case of child abuse. I don't think it should be tolerated even in the least bit.

I really think you should think about contacting some kind of authority on the matter very soon.

What country do you live in?

It should be reported to the some one of higher power..To be perfectly honest with you i thought he was joking at first but wow ugh sorry about that...

1. You dont seem 18, either that or you type so fast you don't bother to add the proper grammar to your posts. It makes your posts very difficult to understand.

2. That is child abuse and should be reported to authorities. I don't see why this hasn't been done yet and why you went to the internet to help solve the problem.

3. Are you living alone with your dad? If not then immediately contact the authorities or maybe try and sleep over at a friends house and then contact the authorities. Just get out of the house and explain it to someone. If the answer is yes then who are you living with? Do they know what's going on? Is there past abuse in family? Is it possible to sit down with your dad and play "twenty questions" and ask him about his childhood. However, reporting it to the authorities is vital because that is child abuse.

4. If you are eighteen then its quite odd that you father still goes on to hit you if you have been abused in the past.

5. Best of luck!

Are you really 18? You seem younger.

Either way, contact police or other authorities immediately - it IS child abuse and you have to do something about it.

Well, did you know that if your father tries to hit you back, and you beat him up it could easily be passed of as self defense at court? That's one way to go, but the better way is to contact the authorities.

1. yes i'm not 18 i jest put it up there it's not like it really affects you

2. my father doesn't need self d. he could take down the vice principal if he wanted to and he's big :eek:

Really, just call the police. Tell a counselor, they are legally required to report this. My mother used to hit me, but I got to my school counselor, who reported it to the authorities. I got sent to a mental ward (for different reasons though :/), then they let me live with my grandparents for like, a month while they told her to back the hell off or I'd be put in a foster home. They'd probably do the same with you, minus the mental ward, insert any close family/friends.

If it doesn't work, and he doesn't back off? Hell, I'd rather live in a foster home than with an abusive father.

Ok, so if you're not eighteen then my best guess is that your younger. So tell a teacher. Or ask to go stay over at a friends house and explain the situation if your scared to call the authorities at your house or you want adult help. If you can tell a teacher go over to a friend's house and get help there after thoroughly explaining the situation.

If you dont have any friends...well...you'll have to muster up the courage to call from your house. I'm assuming a lot of things here.

Like that:

1. you have friends

2. you are living with just your father

3. you're out of school

4. and your scared to call authorities

Those are just some of my assumptions.

Either way contacting the authorities should be a priority! That rhymes!

What exactly is your dads problem?Does he drink?Trouble at work?Ugh something else?Really i can understand hitting people even though it is wrong..But he must have a motive something thats pissing him off,something that is having a direct effect on him yet something he cant control so he takes out his anger and frustration on those close to him.Have you noticed any shifts in the way your father behaves?or is he just the same "old dad"?

(forgive the language its the best way to put it)

1. yes i'm not 18 i jest put it up there it's not like it really affects you

2. my father doesn't need self d. he could take down the vice principal if he wanted to and he's big :eek:

I'm talking about you. If you hit him back, you would be defending yourself, thus self defense. I would recommend calling the police though.

Sadly i have seen many cases like this(not in my own family but friends/people i know) and i can see he is downright terefied and i can see his dad is not the "reasoning and understanding" type of guy I am also pretty sure this could not have been going on all his childhood that whould be preposterous i think this is only recent so there must be something thats causing it.

I think he put down 18 as his age because hes under 13?If your under that age you need adult authorization to use this site right?

EDIT:FLOOT,I dont think hitting him back whould be very smart,he said hes big so he musnt be using hes full strength to hit him.he is probably capable of much more.. Hitting him back chould make him go a "bit to far" in his retaliation and that whould be bad..

ok first of all i'm not under 13 and it is not all that serious it's just random kicks and punches but 1 time right after my sister kicked me you know where he also hit me there

o.m.g.

Just give us more info i am pretty sure your dad wont see this and as pokemonfan said have there been changes in behaviour?Have you done anything to bring this on yourself?Bad grades at school or something?We need more info

Bad grades is still no excuse for that behavior. Punishment would be in order, but abuse is an entirely different matter.

You obviously have no idea how different peoples morale/thought patterns and what there sense of good and evil can be.In todays modern world this sort of behavior is considered criminal but hes father was most likely razed this way.His dad chould see hes bad grades as a sign(no disrespect ment by the next statement)That he will "fail in life" and wants to "beat it out of him"(<bad choice of words)the world about 30 years ago is very different to the world we live in today back then nobody had any problem with this type of behavior....

How long has the abuse been going on for, Dark? Is it recent or what?

And also, I hate to be the one to bring this up but...

Is it possible your dad could have a mental condition?

Whenever I think of child abuse of any kind I think of Dave Pelzer's case...where he didn't, couldn't do anything to help himself. It was his teachers and school nurse who originally started suspecting things, got the principal involved, which eventually got the police involved to get him out of there.

Look for any and all opportunities to get out, friend. The police and higher authorities are the to help. Schedule an appointment with your school counselor if possible (I know that gets really tricky towards the end of the year) because it's all confidential and really helps :]