PPSE: Can you add feature ______? - POST HERE

Sabresite

I posted this a while ago, and it doesn't seem to have any response, so:

Also, you said that DSPokeEdit and Pokesav do leave detectable traces on the save file, but PokeMod won't. Will PokeMod be able to remove currently existing traces from a previous Pokesav edit?

It most likely would, since Pokemod will have all the data. Correct me if I'm wrong, Sabresite.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a Quad Core, every possible combination is generated in less than 10 minutes.

Do you mean that given an algorithm, you can get all valid PVs corresponding to all combinations of the 6 IVs ranging from 0-31 in less than 10 minutes? What's your approach?

Yeah I can. My approach is simple. Split up the formula into 8 ranges and dedicate 2 ranges per core. The formula is the regular PID<->IV. If the information is being stored in a txt file as a rainbow table, it will take longer. Writing to the hard drive is a huge bottle neck on modern desktops.

Also while using low level C# code, I could do it in less than 30 minutes. My estimate is based on the performance of C\C++. Of course writing it to the hard drive in C# took me about an hour, so C\C++ would probably be 20 minutes.

And as a note, if you are doing a table of combinations, go PID -> IV, it will take WAY less time. There is only 1 loop, instead of 2. Of course, if you are doing a specific IV range, in many cases it was faster using the IV -> PID. I used IV -> PID for IV ranges that are restricted to an offset of 6 or less per stat. PokeMod will know which algorithm (whether PID -> IV or IV -> PID) based on the criterion.

My post seemed to be deleted earlier, but it wasn't on the Official PokeMod Feature List, so...

There will be an option to batch normalize all parts of the save file that PokeMod supports.

Does this include fixing traces left previously by Pokesav or DSPokeEdit?

Location has nothing to do with the PID<->IV.

Just to clarify, when I said location, I believe I meant "Type" (i.e. Normal GBA, Ultra Rare GBA, Normal D/P, etc.). Will this sort of specification lead to more time in processing the PID? (Wow, a Quad Core, too much money!)

Again, I may still be wrong with the "type" being a part of the PID. Correct me again if I'm wrong; I ran through the PID<->IV generator and it gave that "type" information along with the PID.

Is there going to be a way to just drag a Pokemon in a storage box and move it around with ease? Like, a "draging" feature?

Because, I saw this "Move a pokemon from the party, daycare center, or pal park to a storage box or vice versa.", but I wanted to know if it was going to be as easy. ;P

Yeah I can. My approach is simple (...)

Sorry, I forgot to check for your reply.

Thanks a lot. Your reply is quite inspirational :P

Definitely I agree with the combined IV2PV+PV2IV approach, depending on the task.

Limited IV ranges cases benefit from the former indeed, and all possible results are achieved in seconds. You can even go for full 0-31 scans in resonable time (a few minutes) as long as you fix 2 IVs, which is more than enough from the battle design point of view. Also, the algorithm can be optimized for the IV trio getting the less possible combinations according to input.

PV2IV works best for PV designs ("is this possible?" cases), which are satisfied just by a very limited set of IV combos, and you are aiming for the best one, so want to be sure to find them all (if any) ;)

I can add it if someone wants to send me save files saved before and after the major events. Otherwise, I refuse to hunt for 1byte event flags scattered throughout the whole file.

Okay I found someone that can get you pre-main event sav files he just needs to know where to upload them at. Thanks for all your hard work :)!

and... :bidoof: just because it's cool

I have the main events listed on my feature list. If you want the minor events (battling every NPC in the game and other stuff), then I would need the before/after save games. Make sure to save twice (in a row) with the after one, so I don't have to split the blocks (makes it faster).

LOL ... I assume you don't use wifi

after you got pal pad ... you can write your signature in the trainer card

... what?

I already know that. It's common knowledge.

Thing is, it's annoying that the signature can't be edited (only deleted and re-written). And some people might want an unique signature (derived from a picture, no less). Either way, it'd be an interesting addition to Pokémod.

... what?

I already know that. It's common knowledge.

Thing is, it's annoying that the signature can't be edited (only deleted and re-written). And some people might want an unique signature (derived from a picture, no less). Either way, it'd be an interesting addition to Pokémod.

sorry, misunderstood your post yesterday =_=

because you put "What" in your sentence

What is this particular feature's priority on the feature list? 

so i assume you don't know it xD .. sorry

it would be nice to have a build-in feature that lets you know the type and power of hidden power your pokemon can have with any given IVs.

Woops. My bad, read it wrong.

I agree on that Idea =D *although I don't really need it, because I could find out myself*