PPSE: Can you add feature ______? - POST HERE

Sabresite

PLEASE READ THE FULL FEATURE LIST BEFORE POSTING OR YOUR REPLY WILL BE REMOVED.

If you have a request for a feature that hasn't been spoken about, or does not look apparently obvious on the interface of the program, please suggest it here.

If you make ridiculous, spam-like suggestions, then I will make sure that when YOU import YOUR pokemon, your game turns into a bad egg farm. I will also scold you, and email your mother. So please do not act childish.

Do not ask for E-Reader capabilities because I have no freaking clue how that crap works..

Do not ask for CodeBreaker output because if you still use that thing, you should uninstall life.

Do not ask for music in the program, because I tried it and promptly ripped my eardrums out of my ears.

Do not ask when this will be finished... thats not a feature.

Do not ask if I can release the source code... thats not a feature either.

:D Lets hear those ideas!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would probably be a pain in the butt to make this request happen but it wouldn't have to be with the first release, I was thinking maybe make every major "quest line event" happened or not happened so someone could fully restart their quest without losing their pokemon. I'm not claiming to understand how any of the programming works but I'm pretty sure that it would be very time consuming and difficult to do this so if it is don't waste your time doing it instead of doing what you want to put into the program.

EDIT: If that is too much trouble like I said, then is it hard to have at least a gym reset and possibly a starter choice reset so we could get all 3 starters easily and in a completely legit fasion?

Something maybe useful is auto add data to pokedex when loading a new pokemon into party/box

for example, i never seen a pikachu, then i open my save file using pokesav, then load a pikachu.pkm which is obvious contain pikachu inside it, save it, then load it in game, in my box/party, i got a pikachu just as i want.. but, in my pokedex, there is no pikachu.. which is a little odd, i have a pikachu but it don't show in my pokedex.. in pokesav i have to trade it first, or upload then download it again using GTS, or something like that..

I know in pokemond we can thick "seen" or "caught" checkbox in pokedex, but it will be nice if it can auto add a new pokedex entry when i load a new pokemon

thx

It would probably be a pain in the butt to make this request happen but it wouldn't have to be with the first release, I was thinking maybe make every major "quest line event" happened or not happened so someone could fully restart their quest without losing their pokemon. I'm not claiming to understand how any of the programming works but I'm pretty sure that it would be very time consuming and difficult to do this so if it is don't waste your time doing it instead of doing what you want to put into the program.

EDIT: If that is too much trouble like I said, then is it hard to have at least a gym reset and possibly a starter choice reset so we could get all 3 starters easily and in a completely legit fasion?

I can add it if someone wants to send me save files saved before and after the major events. Otherwise, I refuse to hunt for 1byte event flags scattered throughout the whole file.

Something maybe useful is auto add data to pokedex when loading a new pokemon into party/box

for example, i never seen a pikachu, then i open my save file using pokesav, then load a pikachu.pkm which is obvious contain pikachu inside it, save it, then load it in game, in my box/party, i got a pikachu just as i want.. but, in my pokedex, there is no pikachu.. which is a little odd, i have a pikachu but it don't show in my pokedex.. in pokesav i have to trade it first, or upload then download it again using GTS, or something like that..

I know in pokemond we can thick "seen" or "caught" checkbox in pokedex, but it will be nice if it can auto add a new pokedex entry when i load a new pokemon

thx

Already a planned feature.

Two questions:

First

The funny thing about Pokesav is that when one edits the current win streak in the Battle Tower/Frontier, the win streak DOES change, but not the difficulty.

So if I started in the Battle Tower from win streak 0 and modified it to be say, 500, the Pokemon battled will still be laughably easy to beat.

Also, since the order of difficulty is screwed up in relation to the current win streak, the Frontier Brain (in this case, Palmer) will indeed show up at the correct win streak, but you'll battle some random trainer corresponding to your current difficulty instead of the Brain, effectively preventing you from being able to quickly battle the Brain and be able to save that hopefully interesting battle in the VS Recorder.

My first question is, will Pokemod be able to edit the difficulty in relation to the current win streak for the entire Battle Frontier? Or better yet, though I suppose it would mean more work, edit the difficulty and win streak independently?

Second

Battle Castle is something like a minigame. There's a currency there (Castle Points), current state of your Pokemon (because you don't get healed there), 'rank' upgrades which allow you to do more and better things with your Castle Points. Sort of like a game in a game.

Then there's the Battle Stage, where you choose types of Pokemon to battle, and where the difficulty for that particular type increases the more you battle it.

My second question is, will Pokemod be able to edit all aspects of the Battle Frontier, including current difficulty for the Pokemon type in the Battle Hall to the entire status in the Battle Castle?

Edited by Jayc

Here are some features to add!

Diamond,Pearl,Platinum

Trainer Select(tentative title): Let Me explain this one

You can chose the trainers all over sinnoh and select that you've battled them or haven't battled them.

In-Game Events

Diamond & Pearl

Re-Gift Pokemon

Eevee - Bebe

Riolu Egg - Riley

Happiny Egg - Hearthome City Guy

Starters - Lake Verity

Platinum

Re-Gift Pokemon

Eevee - Bebe

Togepi Egg - Cynthia

Riolu Egg - Riley

Porygon - Veilstone City Guy

Starters - Route 201

Redo Event

Distortion World to Giratina

Re-Battle

Giratina Distortion World

Giratina Turnback Cave

The major event redos are already planned, they are also listed (and implied with the event editing).

Select/rebattle every trainer in the game will not be possible until SCV links the world script files with their sav file location. I have a feeling the bit flags are not all in the same place. We will see, and its also a low priority.

Will it be also possible to generate a legit PID from a set of given IVs, shininess, nature, and capture location (Normal D/P, Normal GBA, etc)?

...and perhaps much faster than the IV -> PID generator by SCV (no offense SCV)? Yeah, I'm kinda asking a lot O_O

I really dislike the restrictions in Pokesav's PID generator. =/

Will it be also possible to generate a legit PID from a set of given IVs, shininess, nature, and capture location (Normal D/P, Normal GBA, etc)?

...and perhaps much faster than the IV -> PID generator by SCV (no offense SCV)? Yeah, I'm kinda asking a lot O_O

I really dislike the restrictions in Pokesav's PID generator. =/

Lemme guess. Max IVs and Shiny? Those are the restrictions, because PID can only go so far...

Location has nothing to do with the PID<->IV. The generation for that will be VERY quick. On a Quad Core, every possible combination is generated in less than 10 minutes.

Anyways, regarding Elite 4 Hall of Fame, I already have it mapped out (I thought I put it on the wiki, but I guess not). There are only a few header values i am not entirely sure about but I will definitely figure those out as well.

I posted this a while ago, and it doesn't seem to have any response, so:

Will Pokemod be able to create legal PKMs of GBA Event Pokemon?

Since the DB only has one copy with set IVs and PID.

Also, you said that DSPokeEdit and Pokesav do leave detectable traces on the save file, but PokeMod won't. Will PokeMod be able to remove currently existing traces from a previous Pokesav edit?