PPSE: Can you add feature ______? - POST HERE

Sabresite

Uhh, will there be a function to check on the total amount of Pokémon?

Like in Pokesav, you could edit the number of Pokémon you caught, and the amount you hatched. Will there be a function where it helps get you the amount by looking through every pokemon's data, and getting the total number (for caught and hatched).

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However, nothing looks more like the language flag than 0x00081 (or 0x40081, depending which save block is more current), which was set to 0x01 for the Japanese version and 0x02 for the USA version.
...it stands to reason that the language information would be located relatively close to the basic trainer information (like name, gender, ID / SID, etc.), and 0x81 is right at the tail end of all that (for known values, it is between multiplayer avatar and the party Pokémon).

I would start my testing there, still.

Thanks for the suggestion MewTwo, I will definitely look into that. If you have the flag locations for D/P and Plat, I would appreciate using that to include it.

Well, I've found 21 offsets valued 02 in an English diamond and 07 in a Spanish one and 21 for the same with platinum (first on each line is diamond, the other one is platinum)

If we supose that no other flags are generated during game play, we have a total of 42 flags in a 512kB save (all listed here + same zeroing first "4" (4007D -> 0004D))

N. D/P (PLATINUM)

01. 4007D (40081)

02. 44BF1 (44E85)

03. 44C29 (44EBD)

04. 44C61 (44EF5)

05. 44C99 (44F2D)

06. 44CD1 (44F65)

07. 44D09 (44F9D)

08. 44D41 (44FD5)

09. 44D79 (4500D)

10. 44DB1 (45045)

11. 44DE9 (4507D)

12. 44E21 (450B5)

13. 44E59 (450ED)

14. 44E91 (45125)

15. 44EC9 (4515D)

16. 44F01 (45195)

17. 44F39 (451CD)

18. 44F71 (45205)

19. 44FA9 (4523D)

20. 44FE1 (45275)

21. 45019 (452AD)

Note that offsets from number 2 to number 21 are like this:

(3) = (2) + 0x38 (44C29 = 44BF1 + 38)

Hope this might be useful ^^U

Hmm, I see something that should have been on the list, but, I'm not going to post it just yet until I get the list complete.

It has to do with legality of certain pokes based on the PID, not major, but something seemingly untouched.

Well, I've found 21 offsets valued 02 in an English diamond and 07 in a Spanish one and 21 for the same with platinum (first on each line is diamond, the other one is platinum)

If we supose that no other flags are generated during game play, we have a total of 42 flags in a 512kB save (all listed here + same zeroing first "4" (4007D -> 0004D))

N. D/P (PLATINUM)

01. 4007D (40081)

02. 44BF1 (44E85)

03. 44C29 (44EBD)

04. 44C61 (44EF5)

05. 44C99 (44F2D)

06. 44CD1 (44F65)

07. 44D09 (44F9D)

08. 44D41 (44FD5)

09. 44D79 (4500D)

10. 44DB1 (45045)

11. 44DE9 (4507D)

12. 44E21 (450B5)

13. 44E59 (450ED)

14. 44E91 (45125)

15. 44EC9 (4515D)

16. 44F01 (45195)

17. 44F39 (451CD)

18. 44F71 (45205)

19. 44FA9 (4523D)

20. 44FE1 (45275)

21. 45019 (452AD)

Note that offsets from number 2 to number 21 are like this:

(3) = (2) + 0x38 (44C29 = 44BF1 + 38)

Hope this might be useful ^^U

Thank you for the offsets. The next question is, what purpose do they serve? And there is a country/location code, so how do these values play into that?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Sabresite,

I read the Feature List and one of them didn't include the one I want. This should belong to the Daily Events Section, I think.

Alright, see how each day, when you go to the man next door to the Solaceon Town Pokemon Centre, he requests you for a Pokemon. If you show him that Pokemon, he gives you a Heart Scale and 3 Balls (Any Ball except for Master Ball).

I want PokeMod to be able to modify/control the Wanted Pokemon from the man.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I apologize if this question has already been answered and because its not a request, but will PokeMod be compatible with different OS', such as Mac and Linux?

Once again, sorry if my post is a repeat of something posted earlier.

so does this pokemod actually let u pick what lv the pokemon evolves at or not no prob if it doesnt just out of curiosity if it does that or not

PokéMod is a save hacking program, not a ROM hacking program. To change stuff like that, you would need a ROM hacking program. Check out PPRE (Project Pokémon Rom Editor), or just see the ROM hacking forums for more info on that sort of thing.

I apologize if this question has already been answered and because its not a request, but will PokeMod be compatible with different OS', such as Mac and Linux?

Once again, sorry if my post is a repeat of something posted earlier.

If PokéMod is made in Qt it will be cross-platform. I know at least PPSE (Project Pokémon Save Editor) is being coded that way, and there are already versions out for Windows and Linux. Mac support simply requires that someone is able to compile the source on a Mac, which is something we could use a hand with actually.

When you said that it could fix illegal things that Pokesav left, what types of things?

Also, Can you make it so you can see the stuff you are making, like the item's icon next to the item selector on a Pokémon, the Pokémon's icon like the ones you see in the boxes in the game next to the selector, and stuff like that?

EDIT: Could you add a feature that decodes action replay codes back into pokesav to edit it?

Edited by Narwhal

• 2 weeks later...
When you said that it could fix illegal things that Pokesav left, what types of things?

Also, Can you make it so you can see the stuff you are making, like the item's icon next to the item selector on a Pokémon, the Pokémon's icon like the ones you see in the boxes in the game next to the selector, and stuff like that?

EDIT: Could you add a feature that decodes action replay codes back into pokesav to edit it?

The codes made by Pokesav are generally really basic. Some codes are very complicated, and cannot be read by a program and such.

Hm, that's a neat idea. How about an ARDS code --> PKM file converter? Or the same idea for Wonder Card files?

But then you would need to entrust the user to enter a code only for those purposes, which may be mixed up.

You would need to compare the offsets with a database of offsets used to create codes, which would mean that you could automattically find the purpose of the code.

But then you would need to entrust the user to enter a code only for those purposes, which may be mixed up.

You would need to compare the offsets with a database of offsets used to create codes, which would mean that you could automattically find the purpose of the code.

It shouldn't be too difficult to check if the code is made properly.

And the comparison would be easy as well. By looking at the first 1-2 B statements, it's possible to determine what game the code was made for, as well as the proper language. After that it's just a matter of analyzing the memory addresses in the code body to determine what it's for.

Alright, I didn't realise this before but now I do. I made a Victreebel using Pokesav. I gave it everything legal. I even made its met in place legal. When I checked it it said "Met in Place

Route 230". That was legal. However, when I entered the Hall of Fame, while it displays that animation of all my Party Pokemon it said that my Victreebel was "Hatched at Route 230". How come this happened and will Pokemod be able to fix this problem?

Hm, that's a neat idea. How about an ARDS code --> PKM file converter? Or the same idea for Wonder Card files?

May be when this is released, it could be installed in such a way that you can right-click on a PKM file and select "Convert to ARDS Code", and something similer for xml files (may be it can save it as XML, just with the extension "*.ards")

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! I just joined here because of this program. It looks like it will be great!

I have one feature to request. I would like to output ARDS code for the each pokedex entry individually. I have no way to copy my save to a computer and I don't want to go through the entire pokedex inputting info to change just one entry and keep the others the same. I hope that this can be implemented (it seems easy, but i'm no programmer...)