Massive pokemon undertaking

ReD_RoToM

hey everyone, i know that i am new to the site and the forums but i have been working on a project for a little while here and there and was wondering if it would be something that anyone else would be interested in. im working on a massive breeding project involving the incorporation of egg moves, good IV's and proper natures for the given poke. They are then EV trained, evolved to their final stage and placed in storage. i know that this site is big into the use of AR and pokesav and i don't aregue that it is a very good program. But for this project i am using no extenal devices. i have about 1/3 of all the Bug type pokes done and i will be slowly increasing the work on the project in the next few weeks. If anyone is interested in helping to get these pokes onto the site, if they are even wanted, as i don't have the ability to generate the files due to the lack of a flash cart. One of the key points of the progect is to generate pokemon that can "hold their own" in compettive battle, and not be a "copy" of the standard competitive pokes that eveyone uses. Just let me know if anyone is interested in contribution or the end results of the project. Feel free to shoot me down if you think it is a waste of time or server space. Thanx for reading the rant :)

hmmm, from what i have been reading guested does have a good idea about collections...so if u are reading this guested lemme know if it sounds like a good idea, also wanted to note that the hold items are also included in this collection. i have the first 6 bugs types done sofar. also i am sorting all the pokes by the first type given by the pokedex, eg. beedrill is the 2nd bug type not the first poison type. i have a spreadsheet for the whole project...its kinda long...so i have a good plan its just going to take some time. any questions about the project or the goal of the project just give me a yell.

Well based on the positive feedback on the project, it seems as if all systems are go. I will be doing alot of the setup of this project over the next few days. These are the basic goals of this project. 1, to generate pokes that have an egg move that can only be learned via egg move. 2, generate pokes that have been the result of careful breeding for proper IV's, natures, and abilities. 3, EV train these pokes besed on the IV's and the party role. 4, generate pokes that are capable of "holding their own" in competitive battle and are not a copy of the "standard moveset/hold item/nature" scheme as used in competitive battle. 6, no use of external devices for the project (sry all, i love my pokesav as much as the next guy but i wanna do this one legit).

I will be doing all the "work" in plat so as to utilize the new learnsets for the pokes, so its gonna take a little bit to get back to where i was, but a one week setback isn't to bad. Im doing the sorting of the pokes by the first type as given in the pokedex (see previous example). I am going to start with the bug types(yeah yeah i play favorites what of it...?) and i will post as soon as i am ready for someone to trade them and post them. If anyone wants updates or info as it comes just send me a PM and i will give you the updates, otherwise i am planning on posting after each type is done ( btw, thnx nintendo for ALL those water types :P). With that said im off to start the spreadsheet.

Well here is the first update of the project. I have finished getting all of the planning done for the bugs of the kanto region. One thing that i failed to mention but i figure is understood, is that i will only be doing final evolutions of the pokes and not all of the stages. I have the plans ready to go for these and i am waiting to hear from the other person involved in the project about the plans before I go about starting breedin for these pokes. If anyone wants me to post the info just PM or post here and i will post the info. On a different note, i am workin on the wiki sites for each of the pokemon that i am doing in this project, eventually covering all pokemon, but starting with the bug types. If anyone has additional info to add to those wiki pages feel free. Thnx for reading the rant.

Well here is the first update of the project. I have finished getting all of the planning done for the bugs of the kanto region. One thing that i failed to mention but i figure is understood, is that i will only be doing final evolutions of the pokes and not all of the stages. I have the plans ready to go for these and i am waiting to hear from the other person involved in the project about the plans before I go about starting breedin for these pokes. If anyone wants me to post the info just PM or post here and i will post the info. On a different note, i am workin on the wiki sites for each of the pokemon that i am doing in this project, eventually covering all pokemon, but starting with the bug types. If anyone has additional info to add to those wiki pages feel free. Thnx for reading the rant.

so... does this mean we can finally use a annoyer butterfree againt garchomp and wobuffet?

This seems like a pretty cool idea to me.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to help much with your project as I'm going to be a lot busier this next year.

I respect the fact that you want to make them worthwhile in battle, but not "standard movesets." People who introduced "Standards" were a bunch of chumps trying to add order and rigidity to a game that was designed to be deeply customizable with millions of possibilities. People who hate items or effects that occur in a certain probability (such as flinching) and try to ban those from play are even worse.

So kudos to you for your originality, and good luck.

so... does this mean we can finally use a annoyer butterfree againt garchomp and wobuffet?

Well the butterfree i have designed has some annoyance factor and should be able to deal with wobbuffet. The fact of the matter is that butterfree will never outspeed a garchomp. if the garchop can't OHKO butterfree with a fire move then there is a chance of beating it. But overall that is the plan. take pokes and make them able to compete against the rest of the environment.

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

This seems like a pretty cool idea to me.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to help much with your project as I'm going to be a lot busier this next year.

I respect the fact that you want to make them worthwhile in battle, but not "standard movesets." People who introduced "Standards" were a bunch of chumps trying to add order and rigidity to a game that was designed to be deeply customizable with millions of possibilities. People who hate items or effects that occur in a certain probability (such as flinching) and try to ban those from play are even worse.

So kudos to you for your originality, and good luck.

Thanx for the support and i should have the 2nd gen bugs designed by the end of the week. i really hope some good comes of this project, maybe even changing the meta game :)

good luck with this if I ever have some free time i will PM you to help.

That is what I said! But, I'm to busy trying to prove to my friends (who like pokemon far more then me and have been obsessed forever!) That I deserve to be called a pokemon trainer! They always ask me questions like: "What is the last move darkrai can learn?" and I go "Ummmm...." and they go "Seriously, and you call yourself a pokemon trainer" and I go yes and then they shake their head repeatedly.

So yeah check out the bidoof! It is the only good way top play with a bidoof

(**)> > > > > > > >:bidoof: < < < < < << <(**)

KO'd bidoof! Don't you think bidoofs are annoying?

due to the upcoming VGC event i will have to put the project on hold for a few weeks till i have my team built up. i will keep everyone posted when i get a chance to get the rest of the bugs done. Once im done with the planning of the bugs (this weekend) i will break for the VGC and then i will start the actual breeding.

small update: The first 2 gens of bugs are done and are ready for breeding. I plan on getting the rest of the bugs planed (between breeding sessions of my VGC team) and should have all the bugs ready for breeding by this weekend. If anyone wants me to post the "design outline" for any of the bugs just ask and i will post it here.

For a intro to what i am doing here is the "design" for pinsir: Team Role: Sub-Punch; Ability: Hyper Cutter; Hold Item: Leftovers; Nature: Adamant; IV focus: Attack and Speed; EV spread: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, and 6 Hp; Moveset: Faint Attack (egg), Focus Punch, Substitute, Stone Edge; Details: This build will enable the first turn use of substitue and the ability to sit back and focus punch turn 2. The faint attack and stone edge are for good type coverage.

If anyone has any advice on this build or would like to post some input (mmmmm input...stephanie need more input....) im always welcome to hear it. thnx for readin the rant

Edited by ReD_RoToM

if there are specific NFE pokes that people are interested in i would be happy to add them to the project, but take into consideration that NFE pokes will not have the stats able to really compete in heavy battle (the major goal of this project). If there are requests for specific NFE just post it and when i get to that type i will add em to the batch of planning.

If you want a scyther done i will do that after im done with the gen 4 bugs since i already did the gen 1. i should have the planning of ALL BUGS by this friday or sat. Then the breeding begins. If there is a NFE bug type that you would like me to do please post it soon as i am almmost done with the planning and looking to start breeding.