Candidates for pre-evos

Klaatu

Pokemon give an amount of EPs depending on their stage in a line. For example:

Bulbasaur 1sp.Atk

Ivysaur 1sp.Atk 1sp.Def

Venusaur 2sp.Atk 1sp.Def

1 2 3

3 is max. and 1 min.

Chansey always gave 2 EP despite being the 1st in it's evolutionary line.

Gen 4 arrives

Oh, hi Happiny

The following is a list of Pokemon which give more than 1 EP altough they're the 1st stage of their line:

Kangaskhan 2 HP

Pinsir 2 Atk (despite Scyther giving 1)

Tauros 1 Atk 1 Spe

Lickitung 2 HP (Lickilicky 3 HP)

Lapras 2 HP

Aerodactyl 2 Spe

Girafarig 2 S.Atk (Stantler which seems like the same league gives 1)

Heracross 2 Atk

Corsola 1 Def 1 S.Def

Skarmory 2 Def (like Mantine, who got a pre-evo)

Miltank 2 Def

Sableye 1 Atk 1 Def

Mawile 1 Atk 1 Def

Torkoal 2 Def

Zangoose 2 Atk

Seviper 1 Atk 1 S.Atk

Solrock 2 Atk

Lunatone 2 S.Atk

Tropius 2 HP

Absol 2 Atk (Chimecho too, got pre-evo)

Relicanth 1 HP 1 Def

Carnivine 2 Atk

I left out stuff that surely won't have a pre-evo like Unown, but maybe missed some

Sableye and Mawile needs evolution too >.<

A Pre-evo of Miltank should be the same as the pre-evo for Tauros... only a male one becomes Tauros and a female one should become a Miltank.

As for Heracross... what if the baby form branched into either Scyther, Pinsir or Heracross? Wouldn't that be nice?

I feel some Pokes should have the same baby and have different means of evolving. But Skarmory baby would be interesting. After all, her counterpart Mantine got a pre-evo.

You oughta contribute to the discussion instead, pokemonfan. ;)

Some Pokes were made to be gimmicky, I realized, but had an important role nevertheless.

Corsola was made to give Ancientpower to Tyranitar (back in GSC when it was physical) and Blastoise Mirror Coat via breeding. Farfetch'd bridges the Ground and Flying egg groups. Luvdisc was made for Heart Scale collectors. But... those pokes want an EVO, not a Pre-evo. Am I right?

Think about it the logic makes sense though. I mean look at it this way.

1 EV=first evo

2 EV= 2nd evo

3 EV= 3rd evo or legendary

Plus the chansey and happiny example was great. Although some were meant to be gimmicky there is nothing wrong with more pokemon! Think of a cute baby miltank. So small adorable and lost in the great big world. Or a baby Kangaskhan, it would probably have something to do with a Joey. Then maybe a new evo chain could be built. I think Klaatu makes sense.

Lickitung is asking for it I think. With an already evolved form so there is 2 and a 3 but where is the 1? The 1 is all sad and lonely waiting to join its evolved friends. Although some may be gimmicky strategy wise but who knows, maybe the game freak "monkeys" weren't thinking of it that way.

Edit: I missed one of your points sorry...

As for an additional Evo, once again, there is nothing wrong with more pokemon. I always thought that all pokemon could benefit from an Evo and one of the common most questions I here from my sister, who I got into pokemon and is not nearly as much a pokemonfan as me, is what's its evolved form? I tell her ____ or there isn't one. Then she is surprised because she thinks all pokemon should evolve into a 3rd evo.

Most, if not all Pokes, should get a 3rd stage.

But SOME Pokes got screwed SO badly I don't know what to do with them... (I'm looking at YOU, Pidgeot and Delcatty).

Once you evolve from a stone, you're pretty much done. Delcatty has no hope, and those monkeys from Gamefreak did her no good with those stats.

Their only hope is a held item that doubles one of their attack stats.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to see a Kangaskhan pre-evo; Kangaskhan was one of my favorite Pokemon back in the R/B/Y days (my first level 100 Pokemon, actually), and I'm shocked that there's no baby pre-evolution or male version. Instead we get Pokemon that don't quite need them getting a baby version, like Marill. >.>

I'd love to see a Kangaskhan pre-evo; Kangaskhan was one of my favorite Pokemon back in the R/B/Y days (my first level 100 Pokemon, actually), and I'm shocked that there's no baby pre-evolution or male version. Instead we get Pokemon that don't quite need them getting a baby version, like Marill. >.>

Yep. A baby Joey would be awesome :)

I think Skarmory needs a baby, now that her counterpart Mantine got one.

Once again no one cares for me and my drifblim problems...wouldn't it be cool if breloom evolved (into something cute that is) its so awesome right now if it evolved again it like be pure awesomeness (it doesn't need to evolve but it should) I honestly thought that lovedisc evolved into gorebyss. Then I realized that horrid clamperl evolved into something so cool and I practically fainted.

Once again no one cares for me and my drifblim problems...wouldn't it be cool if breloom evolved (into something cute that is) its so awesome right now if it evolved again it like be pure awesomeness (it doesn't need to evolve but it should) I honestly thought that lovedisc evolved into gorebyss. Then I realized that horrid clamperl evolved into something so cool and I practically fainted.

bubble bursting time most 3rd evos arent cute at all

and what can drifblim evolve into.... drifzep (zepplin) see no good names

no really i cant think of a third evo for it O_o

Drifloon could get a pre-evo, that's pretty easy to see happening, it just has to be smaller and cuter. I could also see weavile getting a pre-evo. What about some evolving legendaries? That'd be crazy but fun.

Most, if not all Pokes, should get a 3rd stage.

But SOME Pokes got screwed SO badly I don't know what to do with them... (I'm looking at YOU, Pidgeot and Delcatty).

Once you evolve from a stone, you're pretty much done. Delcatty has no hope, and those monkeys from Gamefreak did her no good with those stats.

Their only hope is a held item that doubles one of their attack stats.

Some Pokemon are just meant to be competitively weak, so yeah, it's not really necessary for Delcatty to evolve. And Banette needs an evolution, his fellow counterpart becomes even stronger, but I like Banette better ...

Corsola and Luvdisc are asking for a evo

but so is Spinda it should get a 2nd and 3rd evo base 40 stats equal 1 st evo

Hell, no! I'll miss Smogon's analysis of Luvdisc and Spinda if Gamefreak makes their evolutions ;o;

-----------

Oh, and I'd love to see a Pokemon that can evolve into Pinsir/Heracross, but not Scyther, he's way too different compared to Pinsir/Heracross @_@

Some Pokemon are just meant to be competitively weak, so yeah, it's not really necessary for Delcatty to evolve. And Banette needs an evolution, his fellow counterpart becomes even stronger, but I like Banette better ...

Hell, no! I'll miss Smogon's analysis of Luvdisc and Spinda if Gamefreak makes their evolutions ;o;

-----------

Oh, and I'd love to see a Pokemon that can evolve into Pinsir/Heracross, but not Scyther, he's way too different compared to Pinsir/Heracross @_@

What? A Pokemon that evolved to its final stage should be weak?? NO WAY!

Think about how Pidgeot is being laughed at by FEAROW and the others... for being so poor in battles. I would have said Aggron and Walrein were not so great final stages either, but Aggron has some nice stats in the physical department and Walrein can become that deadly Stallrein that people oh so fear now here (check out those warstories). Pidgeot definitely needs some improvement.

Now Delcatty is a mystery. I have NO idea what its role is. Luvdisc carries Heart Scales, Spinda shows you how PIDs can be used to affect appearances, Unown is another novelty Pokemon, but what exactly is Delcatty? It needs SOME sort of usage at all aside from Thunder Waving Ground pokes :-/

And screw Smogon. They are so mean to those poor critters... why I oughta...

Spinda is actually useful. I'll prove it to you!

*dies in one blow*

Er... heh heh... someone's gotta clean up the mess :-/

Scyther/Pinsir/Heracross all are similar actually... they all even share the same BST.

What? A Pokemon that evolved to its final stage should be weak?? NO WAY!

Think about how Pidgeot is being laughed at by FEAROW and the others... for being so poor in battles. I would have said Aggron and Walrein were not so great final stages either, but Aggron has some nice stats in the physical department and Walrein can become that deadly Stallrein that people oh so fear now here (check out those warstories). Pidgeot definitely needs some improvement.

Now Delcatty is a mystery. I have NO idea what its role is. Luvdisc carries Heart Scales, Spinda shows you how PIDs can be used to affect appearances, Unown is another novelty Pokemon, but what exactly is Delcatty? It needs SOME sort of usage at all aside from Thunder Waving Ground pokes :-/

And screw Smogon. They are so mean to those poor critters... why I oughta...

Spinda is actually useful. I'll prove it to you!

*dies in one blow*

Er... heh heh... someone's gotta clean up the mess :-/

Scyther/Pinsir/Heracross all are similar actually... they all even share the same BST.

Well, you know, life isn't fair ;p oh, if you haven't noticed (I bet you have anyways), Delcatty's got her signature ability :3 don't worry, I like Delcatty, because she's a cat ;D

Smogon's analysis on Spinda/Luvdisc/Unown are just for some laugh 0:

I mean, Scyther's appearances are just ... somewhat different to Pinsir/Heracross. I mean, neither Pinsir nor Heracross has Blade-like arms/wings. While Pinsir-Heracross have many things in common like horn(s) on their heads, their heights (actually, the three of them they are the same height), weights (Heracross's 1 lbs lighter than Pinsir, while Scyther is 3.5 lbs heavier than Pinsir) and their movepools are similar. And one more thing, Scyther's got an evolution ... it's a bit unfair (yeah, I know I said that life's unfair, but meh :P) if he gets a pre-evo too <_<

Well, you know, life isn't fair ;p oh, if you haven't noticed (I bet you have anyways), Delcatty's got her signature ability :3 don't worry, I like Delcatty, because she's a cat ;D

Smogon's analysis on Spinda/Luvdisc/Unown are just for some laugh 0:

I mean, Scyther's appearances are just ... somewhat different to Pinsir/Heracross. I mean, neither Pinsir nor Heracross has Blade-like arms/wings. While Pinsir-Heracross have many things in common like horn(s) on their heads, their heights (actually, the three of them they are the same height), weights (Heracross's 1 lbs lighter than Pinsir, while Scyther is 3.5 lbs heavier than Pinsir) and their movepools are similar. And one more thing, Scyther's got an evolution ... it's a bit unfair (yeah, I know I said that life's unfair, but meh :P) if he gets a pre-evo too <_<

Even then... Pidgeot looks strong but it isn't? o_O

Heracross and Pinsir are beetles. Scyther and Scizor are mantis. That's why. If anything, Pinsir should have evolved into Heracross... but that didn't happen.

Really though, Scyther's evo has the same BST as Scyther itself... so it was just rearranging of stats. It simply didn't need to evolve :o

Even then... Pidgeot looks strong but it isn't? o_O

Heracross and Pinsir are beetles. Scyther and Scizor are mantis. That's why. If anything, Pinsir should have evolved into Heracross... but that didn't happen.

Really though, Scyther's evo has the same BST as Scyther itself... so it was just rearranging of stats. It simply didn't need to evolve :o

I think you mean Scizor ... but yeah, even if they share the same BST, but Scizor's got a massive atk stats, combined with technician and STAB, bullet punch is a powerful move :D

tell that to porygon 2 wraith ^

either way i still want evos for those three and pinsir needs one

and i think buizel could use a mid evo instead of a pre evo

Well, it never happened before ... I don't think they'd do it :P

EP-wise, Buizel gives 1 spd, and floatzel gives 2 spd, if they decide to make a mid-evo for em, what EP will it give? 1.5 spd? No, I don't think so :P

Porygon2 = awesome. Both Porygon2 and Porygon-Z have their uses, but I prefer Porygon2 :P

Mid-evos? Ever thought about Venonat - Venomoth before? :D

And yeah, I meant Scizor. Scyther's evo = Scizor :P

And Scizor is A LOT more useful than Scyther though... but that's only because of the metagame and his typing. Scyther's 4x weak to Stealth Rock, but still, Scyther plays differently from Scizor because of his massive speed (105 vs 65) o_O

Oh yeah, fun fact: in RSE, Chansey gave 1 HP EV and Blissey gave 2 HP EV.

Now Chansey gives 2 and Blissey gives 3 o_O