Unused Areas?

Jayc

Something on Pokesav's been bugging me - what exactly are the areas 'Sinnoh', 'Hoenn', 'Johto' and 'Kanto' used for?

I suppose 'Johto' would eventually be used for HGSS Pokemon, but the rest seem redundant.

By the way, I'm talking about the ones in Location Met/Egg Obtained At and not the hometown.

Edited by Jayc

i don't think that nintendo will use them(Kanto , Johto, and else) ...

because pokemon games read the region , from the 'region' section .... so

any value of pokemon region that is put on the Place caught/Egg hatched is completely not logical and it is sure a hacked pokemon ^^

i don't think that HG/SS transferred to plat/dia/pea will use Johto for Place caught/Egg hatched ... the games will most probably read the "region section" for sure ... but with different trashbyte than the "palparked" pokemon ^^

well .. it's just my assumption .. ^^

I am guessing that when it reads it being pal parked it reads its hometown code to decides what to use for the met location, and it uses the kanto, and hoenn from the met location area, also jhoto and sinnoh maybe safe guards to prevent the game from crashing if the pokemon was said to be pal parked yet has a hometown in johto or sinnoh.

I am guessing that when it reads it being pal parked it reads its hometown code to decides what to use for the met location, and it uses the kanto, and hoenn from the met location area, also jhoto and sinnoh maybe safe guards to prevent the game from crashing if the pokemon was said to be pal parked yet has a hometown in johto or sinnoh.

But the funny thing is that the Trainer Memo never shows the Met at/Egg Obtained at location when the Pokemon is Pal Parked.

The only thing that is does show is that the Pokemon 'Arrived at Level --'. 'Arrived at' is used when the Pokemon is ported over via Pal Park, while 'Met at' is used for Sinnoh-obtained Pokemon (and possibly HGSS-obtained as well).

'Met at' does give the specific place where the Pokemon was obtained, but 'Arrived at' merely gives the level. 'Johto', 'Kanto', 'Hoenn' and 'Sinnoh' are never mentioned in the Trainer Memo for Pal Parked Pokemon.

i don't think that HG/SS transferred to plat/dia/pea will use Johto for Place caught/Egg hatched ... the games will most probably read the "region section" for sure ... but with different trashbyte than the "palparked" pokemon ^^

well .. it's just my assumption .. ^^

I'm pretty positive that HGSS will have direct trading with DPPt, seeing that they're in the same generation and direct trading was also possible between FRLG and RSE. The only areas plausible for Location Met/Egg Obtained At would be either 'Johto' or 'Faraway Place', since HGSS is a totally different region from DPPt, with no similar areas.