Gamefreak conspiracy and muffins

Klaatu

There are some cases of comparing different Pokemon, which got me thinking...

Are the following coincidences?

Or were they originally meant to be related?

Did GF smoke something?

The first and most obvious case is the Venonat-Caterpie comparison (buffling me already from gen I on):

logicandhalf.png

The next is this:

logicbymitja3mm4.png

Before DP came out, and we were shown pics of Carnivine, I was so sure it'll will be the Bellossom of Bellsprout. Sadly no lol.

Surely some of you had the same idea like me here:

Scizor and Heracross appear in gen II

They're evos of Scyther and Pinsir, giving them secondary types... NOT.. )=

logicbymitja4gl5.png

And what about Togepi/tics triangle symbols on the Lati@s?

togepilatis.png

The last case (the least logical?)

Was Darkrai intened as the Dusknoir of Banette, but changed to an event legendary last min?

logicbymitja2bw0.png

Know any else? xD

I always thought Torkoal was the final evolution of Slugma, but apparently not. I mean, they share the same basic color scheme, and weirder evolutions have happened before (sheep into sheep into.... What IS Ampharos, anyways? .-.)

pkrs103.gif----> pkrs104.gif ----> pkrs105.gif

They look quite similar, if you ask me. Methinks GF is tired of "That Generic 3-Step Evolution Pokemon" and cuts some out.

That's really all I have for now, I'll try and think of some more. >_>

Haha. Carnivine would complete the Sprout family. Too bad he's not an evo, he fits in nicely.

I never noticed how similar the slugs and Torkoal were until they were put beside each other.

I always thought this evo-chain would happen... until I figured out it wasn't.

pachirisu-f.png

... would evolve into Pikachu. It makes sense, doesn't it? :o

They look... kinda similar.

I always thought Torkoal was the final evolution of Slugma, but apparently not. I mean, they share the same basic color scheme, and weirder evolutions have happened before (sheep into sheep into.... What IS Ampharos, anyways? .-.)

pkrs103.gif----> pkrs104.gif ----> pkrs105.gif

They look quite similar, if you ask me. Methinks GF is tired of "That Generic 3-Step Evolution Pokemon" and cuts some out.

That's really all I have for now, I'll try and think of some more. >_>

Yeah, but that's too drastic. A slug made of magma turning into a tortoise thats orange.

But it could be that they were trying to make an Magcargo evo and decided a tortoise would rock more (pun at being pure fire lol) xD

Btw it's not fair GF is giving new stages to some pokes but not their counterparts

(Chimecho - Absol

Dusclops - Banette

Mantine - Skarmory

Piloswine - Magcargo)

Maybe they'll get theirs in gen5 lol

WHOA now my mind is racing about Darkrai, although i would prefer Darkrai being a legendary uber.

It's pretty obvious Gamefreak did run out of ideas while making more Pokemon, so they possibly looked throughout their Pokemon creations, and sprung an idea out of one, or more, and created a Pokemon.

I think the shapes on Togepi, and the Jet looking Pokemon, represent their Psychicness? well that's the only thing I'm able to think of.

Nah, I always knew about the Butterfree/Venonat thing... but Pinsir evolving to a Heracross? Hmmm... that sounds a bit funny to me though... although it's funny to see that all four of those powerful bugs have the same BST... just rearranged.

Klaatu, I don't understand what you were trying to say about Togekiss and the Lati twins though :-/

Carnivine is pure grass... so yeah, most people thought it'd be a branched evo of Weepinbell... but no... those stats are... DENIED!

What do you guys think about Gligar and er... Drapion? Skorupi and Gliscor has similar colorings too... :-/

Gligar the not as awesome as glyscor pokemon! Glyscor I love that pokemon! I love saying the name...seriously say it just like they do on the show and it is so much fun! :) I dont think though that drapion or skorupi could be like it because they dont have wings and aren't nearly as cool. However, they could if there was a linking evolution with like this pattern....

/glyscor

Skorupi-new pokemon}

\drapion

/glyscor

Glygar-new pokemon}

\drapion

That would be cool!

Hottsushiz, neither the latios/latias pair or the togepi line of evos are psychic type pokemon. Togepi evos are normal types and latios and latias I believe are oops Dragon and Psychic but dragon is listed first so psychic is the subtype. I'm not sure how you got that point...or maybe I'm wrong ????

Oh well i was referring into the Anime, where Togepi would glow strange blue, and do a powerful psychic action, and then Misty and co would stare awkwardly, at Togepi, or was it that they never found out it was Togepi, who did it.

Klaatu, I don't understand what you were trying to say about Togekiss and the Lati twins though :-/

See those blue and red triangle symbols on Togepi's shell and Togetic's body?

Latios and Latias have a red and blue triangle symbol on their chests respectively. Their "armor" is of the other colour and their skin is like that of Togetic. Not to mention the body structure.

• 2 weeks later...

agreed nirron..but you know what else is odd..there isn't a single muffin in this thread. :( not a single one...the title is a fraud to attract the hungry.

Do you think maybe driflblim gets an evolution and then somehow the evolution line ties with the igglybuff-jigglypuff-wigglytuff balloon line. I mean they're all balloons.

Not necessarily in line but I call bullsh*t on Dragonite being the evo for Dragonair. I don't see how a beautiful Dragonair become a lumbering idiot of a Dragonite(Although quite lovable).

Spr_1y_148.png>Spr_1y_149.png

That always tweaked me in my Yellow game. I mean it was a b*tch and a half to get a Dratini, and then it evolved into a stupid looking pokemon.

Also how come Golduck is not psychic???? Hell how come Psyduck isn't for that matter?

Not necessarily in line but I call bullsh*t on Dragonite being the evo for Dragonair. I don't see how a beautiful Dragonair become a lumbering idiot of a Dragonite(Although quite lovable).

Spr_1y_148.png>Spr_1y_149.png

That always tweaked me in my Yellow game. I mean it was a b*tch and a half to get a Dratini, and then it evolved into a stupid looking pokemon.

Also how come Golduck is not psychic???? Hell how come Psyduck isn't for that matter?

コダック Koduck

"Its Japanese name can be taken to mean small duck." - Bulbapedia

No Psy in japanese name =P

Before 4th gen was really out I was speculating that the new Fire/Steel Pokemon known as Heatran would turn out to be Torkoals evo. LOL

That whole Dragonair becoming a Dragonite puzzled me too. Dragonair is elegant and all... then it becomes this orange looking Barney :(

Dragonite's still lovable though... it's cuter than the other fully evolved dragons anyhow. But still, that transition from Dragonair to Dragonite sure was strange o_O

Even stranger is that gunfish remora become an octopus X_X

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
@wraith IT's remoraid to octillery

i got 1 for ya why must silcoon and cascoon have the same sprite just recolored

and how come rhyhorn has four legs but rhydon and rhyperior two

4 legs evolved to 2 hands and 2 hind legs.

talk abt legs, look at the geodude line:

2 hands -> 4 hands, 2 legs -> 2 hands, 2 legs.

like what the...

And luvdisc is totally ridiculous