anyone want a avatar? request here.

does the thread need a new banner? *artists only*  

7 members have voted

1. 1. does the thread need a new banner? *artists only*

bannercopy2.jpg

this is my brand new avatar thread. it started when someone requested an avatar on Narwhal's and illithiann's sig thread. i made and re-made it 3 times. after it was done, i put it up for the last time. but then Narwhal said that it was a sig thread not a avatar thread.so now i'm opening a avatar thread. so feel free to request a avatar. also, im an artist on Narwhal and illithian's sig thread. so feel free to also request a sig as well.

artists:

kunaidude34

Telos

pokemonfan

Narwhal

bear831

Okami

Illithian

naru-chu

Edited by kunaidude34

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm gonna need help. not with any thing current, i've got all that sent. but if anyone comes across this thread and wants to help, pm me. i can teach u how to make them, so don't worry about having to know how to make avatars. but just for anyone, all avatars are usually 120 x 124 pixels.

Well i will guess i could try it out, i would like an avatar of ..... probably Minato Namikaze, and i would like my name on it, and make it visible, but not too distracting that you focus on the name, instead of the picture, and can you please use this type of Minato, because there is quite a few versions of him, and this seems to be my favorite.

MinatoNamikaze.jpg

When i mean by this type of Minato, it doesn't necessarily mean use that image, just a image that looks similar. Thanks xD

I just gave it a shot actually, I haven't been on photoshop on 2 month's though, so it's pretty plain. but Avatar's aren't meant to be busy anyway, too much going on in a tiny box just ends up looking like crap.

hottsushiz.jpg

I hope it's decent, oh and hopefully I'm allowed to post here too haha.

Edit* Oh right, here's the original image,http://www.deviantart.com/download/66584289/Minato_Namikaze_Chapter_370_by_Ichibi_Tanuki.jpg

I didn't do too much haha; just added in a few C4d's, opacity and layer mode changes, brushed in a few minor changes to the lighting ( so it set a new mood from the original and flowed with the C4d better ) and cropped and resized to fit my canvas ( 100x100 pixels so it fits most forums ) then I added a border + text.

My only gripes with it ( if your asking me that is )

Is that

A: theres too much muddy blank space in the lower left corner,with the same color level as the character,which can be fixed by making the characters head stand out more.

B: The text is a little hard to read due to the color of it, and then placing that color ontop of similar colors ( yellow and a different chade of green )

C: Theres no border, a 1 pixel border really makes a difference a lot of the time. It can act as the glue of a piece sometimes.

My only gripes with it ( if your asking me that is )

Is that

A: theres too much muddy blank space in the lower left corner,with the same color level as the character,which can be fixed by making the characters head stand out more.

B: The text is a little hard to read due to the color of it, and then placing that color ontop of similar colors ( yellow and a different chade of green )

C: Theres no border, a 1 pixel border really makes a difference a lot of the time. It can act as the glue of a piece sometimes.

I appreciate you pointing out the faults and i know it chould do with some improvements.But i will have to see if HottSushiz is happy with it before i make any edits,that is if he doesnt like it..

Gimp actually. kunaidude34 suggested it to me. I told him I wanted to help but I didn't know a thing but I've used photoshop before (at a friend's house) so I figured I could pick up on it when he said I should use Gimp or photoshop. Gimp is totally free and it works as you can see. kunaidude34 gave me some tips on using the software so I think I'll be making more avatar's in the future.

Edit: I wonder which one he'll pick...

Gimp actually. kunaidude34 suggested it to me. I told him I wanted to help but I didn't know a thing but I've used photoshop before (at a friend's house) so I figured I could pick up on it when he said I should use Gimp or photoshop. Gimp is totally free and it works as you can see. kunaidude34 gave me some tips on using the software so I think I'll be making more avatar's in the future.

Edit: I wonder which one he'll pick...

Its gimp i use to it is real easy to understand and really just mess around with it and try out the various options and you will learn:wink: i know its what i did with a few pointers to get me started from narwhal:biggrin:

Who knows which he will pick i think kunaidude might be making one too..

Yeah same here! kunaidude34 gave me a few pointers and now I'm messing around with the options to see their effect then using the undo button to it if I dont like it. Thats what I did with the supernova effect. The multicolored light that you see on Hottsushiz's avatar. I was playing around with filters to try and make it look better and bang! I found that effect and knew it was the one for the avatar.

With my current avatar the same thing happened. Then I just airbrushed some of the parts, multi colored parts, over and over with different colors and outlined it with black to make it look cooler or so i think. In the words of my old computer skills teacher "I learn the programs by playing around with their options."

:)