Post your own lead(dpp)!

Well, I made some good leads and I would like to show you them.If you can, please post your own lead to share your ideas with us.

^_^

Here is what I made:

Metagame: UU

[sprite]124[/sprite]

Jynx@Choice Scarf

Timd Nature

Forewarn

4 Def/252 SpA/252 Spe

~ Trick

~ Lovely Kiss

~ Ice Beam

~ Focus Blast

This lead is simply awesome.I use lovely kiss at the start of the match(most of the time) to cripple the opposing lead and not let it set up stealth rock.Trick is another crippling move and will ruin tanks trying to set up.Ice Beam and Focus blast hit everything for at least neutral damage except for shedinja.I take about 55% damage from ambipom fake out, so it is not a big problem.Well, this lead is designed to cripple at least two pokemon, and hit hard with a perfect coverage combination moves.

I have more!

Metagame: OU

[sprite]450[/sprite]

Hippowdon@choice band

Adamant

Sand stream

252Atk, 44Spe, 212HP

~ Earthquake

~ Crunch

~ Fire fang

~ Ice fang

An unexpected, but powerful force, this lead will take out everything except for roserade in one(or two in swamperts case) hit(s).EQ is my STAB move and it ohkos metagross, shuca berry tran, jirachi and infernape.Crunch has power to ohko azelf and rotom formes.Fire Fang will ohko scizor, abomasnow(I won't get ohkoed by blizzard) and forretress.Ice Fang is for gliscor, it is more of a filller move lol.212 hp evs make it a very bulky pokemon, while 252atk and adamant nature give it maximum power.44 spe evs is a little twist, it allows me to outspeed mixed swampert and ohko with EQ.Sand Stream will ruin azelfs and napes sash, so this lead is extremely effective.

Post what you made! ^_^

Edited by GGfan
Changed Timid on hippowdon to adamant(a typo)

well

There both ok but i think the best in my opinion is Jirachi

well here is mine; dont say that what i did is stipid;

EV's 252 atk/252sped

Item: Choice Band EDIT: Hasty nature

Serene Grace

Move set:

-Iron Head

-Ice Punch

-Fire punch

-Grassknot

============

You people might think it is screwd up but it takes out salamence leads,Swampert,Weavile,ect

Flaws: Infernapes ><.. or if swampert survives Grass knot ( some occations)

well

EV's 252 atk/252sped

Item: Choice Band

Serene Grace

Move set:

-Iron Head

-Ice Punch

-Fire punch

-Grassknot

============

You people might think it is screwd up but it takes out salamence leads,Swampert,Weavile,ect

Flaws: Infernapes ><.. or if swampert survives Grass knot ( some occations)

This kind of seems like it's all over the place.

Some flaws:

Nature?

Grass Knot on Choice Band is going to be useful for Swampert and only Swampert. A more well rounded Jirachi set would be Trick Scarf. Basically, what you have except replace Band with Scarf, and Grassknot with Trick.

What's the point in hitting Salamence for a lead Pokemon? I've never seen it in the top 10 leads on Shoddy, and I'm not sure if I've ever had a Wi-Fi battle with a Salamence lead. Replacing Ice Punch with Thunder Punch would be much better since it'll hit Gyarados AND Aerodactyl, both of which can run lead sets.

Fire Punch is fine and dandy, though Jirachi needs to watch out for Metagross' Earthquake. And Metagross, besides it's Trick set, would HATE a Choice Scarf.

Another Jynx lead O.o I run a similar one except with different EVs and everything.

emesprani124.gif

Lady Gaga @ Choice Scarf

Modest Nature

Forewarn

104 Hp | 252 SpA | 152 Spd

• Trick
  • Lovely Kiss
  • Ice Beam
  • Toxic | Psychic | Focus Blast

Modest nature and 252 SpA Evs give you max special attack. 152 speed EVs let you outrun max speed base 130s. Trick to cripple a poke, Lovely Kiss to put something to sleep, Ice Beam for good STAB, Toxic to cripple another poke , or Psychic for additional STAB or Focus Blast for the steels that resist Ice Beam.

Edited by Dimi

My turn.

472.jpg

Gliscor @Lum Berry

Jolly | Hyper Cutter

40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe

- Stealth Rock

- Taunt

- U-Turn

- Earthquake / X-Scissor / Aqua Tail

This Gliscor lead is designed to be extremely versatile.

Firstly, it can set up Stealth Rocks, which can seriously assist many teams. Taunt is also extremely useful because it can shut down many common leads and set up pokemon.

Secondly, U-Turn can really help as a scouting utility because as Gliscor is defensively very powerful, in the midgame, if Gliscor can find a niche place to switch in against someone it easily resists.

Earthquake and X-Scissor really depends on who you fear and who you want to actually have power against. U-Turn is just as powerful as X-Scissor. The main reason to run X-Scissor instead of Earthquake is if you fear Cresselia. Aqua Tail is notable, but it just depends who you fear. Of all of those, Earthquake is the most powerful and most accurate, so is probably the best choice.

well

EV's 252 atk/252sped

Item: Life Orb EDIT: Hasty nature

Serene Grace

Move set:

-U-turn/Stealth rock

-Zen headbutt

-Fire punch

-Grassknot

============

Flaws: Infernapes, metagrosses, azelfs, jirachis. ><.. or if swampert survives Grass knot ( some occations)

looks good, but use Life Orb on it.By the way, you should use it only when metagross will use meteor mash instead of EQ(very soon, because of azelf).Also, life orb garrantues an ohko on swampert, I think.Ice punch is un needed, as no one uses salamence lead now.Use zen headbutt, as it allows you to hit infernape hard.I think jirachi survives a fire blast, but I am not 100% sure.Also, take out iron head and use stealth rock or U-turn, to beat azelf.I reccomend you use a bulky pursuiter with this(Tyranitar, scizor).preferably scizor for revnge killing, because infernape will beat you anyway.Fire punch is alright.

Change the ev spread to 252hp 252atk 4def, because you can not outspeed azelf and nape anyway and the spread makes you survive a fire blast for 100%.it makes jirachi very bulky too ^_^

I give this a 6/10.it can not beat azelf, nape and metagross(and of course opposing jirachi).Azelf is no. 1, metagross is no. 2, nape is no. 5 and trickscarf jirachi is no. 3 in usage.

My turn.

472.jpg

Gliscor @Lum Berry

Jolly | Hyper Cutter

40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe

- Stealth Rock

- Taunt

- U-Turn

- Earthquake / X-Scissor / Aqua Tail

This Gliscor lead is designed to be extremely versatile.

Firstly, it can set up Stealth Rocks, which can seriously assist many teams. Taunt is also extremely useful because it can shut down many common leads and set up pokemon.

Secondly, U-Turn can really help as a scouting utility because as Gliscor is defensively very powerful, in the midgame, if Gliscor can find a niche place to switch in against someone it easily resists.

Earthquake and X-Scissor really depends on who you fear and who you want to actually have power against. U-Turn is just as powerful as X-Scissor. The main reason to run X-Scissor instead of Earthquake is if you fear Cresselia. Aqua Tail is notable, but it just depends who you fear. Of all of those, Earthquake is the most powerful and most accurate, so is probably the best choice.

Yeah, I saw it on smogon!People, only use earthquake on it, that is the reason why it works so well.Metagross, a prominent lead is 2HKOed by it and of course jirachi.And remember to use U-turn when you see azelf, as they could ruin your stealth rock set up by taunt(lots of azelfs use it now).

I give this a 9/10, it is one of the coolest leads I seen.

Well mine is a slightly modified version of Smogon's Typhlosion, which suits my style. :cool:

157.png

Typhlosion @ Life Orb

Mild/Rash \ Blaze

144 Atk / 252 SpA / 112 Spe

~ Eruption

~ Focus Punch / HP Ice

~ Overheat

~ Earthquake

I love this lead, it either kills every Pokemon it faces, or drastically lowers their HP... unless they either resist, or is immune to Typhlosion, which is my you have Earthquake, HP Ice, or Focus Punch, Overheat is in there when you are low in HP, and when Blaze is activated, also when Eruption isn't as powerful, and Focus Punch is there when you encounter a Pokemon you predict is going to switch, you then pulverize, it's 2HKO against Blissey.

Well mine is a slightly modified version of Smogon's Typhlosion, which suits my style. :cool:

157.png

Typhlosion @ Life Orb

Rash \ Blaze

4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

~ Eruption

~ Quick Attack

~ Overheat

~ Earthquake

I love this lead, it either kills every Pokemon it faces, or drastically lowers their HP... unless they either resist, or is immune to Typhlosion, which is my you have Earthquake, HP Ice, or Focus Punch, Overheat is in there when you are low in HP, and when Blaze is activated, also when Eruption isn't as powerful, and Focus Punch is there when you encounter a Pokemon you predict is going to switch, you then pulverize, it's 2HKO against Blissey.

Very nice moveset!

I have a few things though.First off, your lead was not able to beat azelf.it will set up sr and ohko you with explosion.So, by sacrificing focus punch for defeating bliss, I reccomend you quick attack.Quick attack will finish off any sasher, so azelf will not be able to explode on you.Also, nape is easily taken out by combination of EQ and quick attack.You don't need attack EVs, as EQ will ohko heatran anyway.That's a nice moveset, I can say.

With my changes, I give it a 8/10!

Well GG i dont think taking out iron head is a good idea; in fact its amazing

Seren Grace + Iron head is like every time it hitsu get a flinch :/

this is usefull on the now popular smeargle leads

lol, its flinch rate is 60%, it is not THAT high.

You are too slow to take advantage to the high flinch rate.Zen headbutt has a flinch rate of 40% anyway.

Iron head is fantastic, if you want to use it, use it on this moveset:

Jirachi@shuca berry

252atk, 252hp, 4spe

Adamant

Serene Grace

Iron Head

Body Slam

Fire Punch

Stealth rock

Metagame: OU

[sprite]450[/sprite]

Hippowdon@choice band

Timid

Sand stream

252Atk, 44Spe, 212HP

~ Earthquake

~ Crunch

~ Fire fang

~ Ice fang

An unexpected, but powerful force, this lead will take out everything except for roserade in one(or two in swamperts case) hit(s).EQ is my STAB move and it ohkos metagross, shuca berry tran, jirachi and infernape.Crunch has power to ohko azelf and rotom formes.Fire Fang will ohko scizor, abomasnow(I won't get ohkoed by blizzard) and forretress.Ice Fang is for gliscor, it is more of a filller move lol.212 hp evs make it a very bulky pokemon, while 252atk and adamant nature give it maximum power.44 spe evs is a little twist, it allows me to outspeed mixed swampert and ohko with EQ.Sand Stream will ruin azelfs and napes sash, so this lead is extremely effective.

Post what you made! ^_^

...I think you mean adamant, not timid (or maybe even jolly?). I can't see any reason to run timid on a physical pokemon. Also, that's metagross without a shuca berry that it OH's. otherwise metagross can explode on it, meaning it's done its job very well: get in stealth rock first turn and take out a pokemon on the opposing team in the next. A good lead, no doubt, and one that will seriously hurt most suicide leads in today's metagame, but Aerodactyl is still a bit of a problem for it (still gets its rocks in at least, and can maybe switch out for use later in the battle), as well as the shuca berry variant of metagross, who will just laugh in this hippo's face, and explode to take it out as well.

...I think you mean adamant, not timid (or maybe even jolly?). I can't see any reason to run timid on a physical pokemon. Also, that's metagross without a shuca berry that it OH's. otherwise metagross can explode on it, meaning it's done its job very well: get in stealth rock first turn and take out a pokemon on the opposing team in the next. A good lead, no doubt, and one that will seriously hurt most suicide leads in today's metagame, but Aerodactyl is still a bit of a problem for it (still gets its rocks in at least, and can maybe switch out for use later in the battle), as well as the shuca berry variant of metagross, who will just laugh in this hippo's face, and explode to take it out as well.

Yes, I meant adamant.I will fix it in a minute.

Shuca berry metagross is not used(at all), simply because 130 defence and 80hp makes it survive things like mamoswine(no boosting item) EQ.Altough fire attack are problematic for it, as it has only above average sp defence(90) and fire attacks have very high damage output(Overheat has 140, fire blast has 120).Or however you call it.So most of metagrosses use occa berry.

Aerodactyl is not a problem, as ice fang 2HKOs it with ease, while aerodactyl uses taunt and stealth rock.

Ty for the rate.

Dimi stole Lady Gaga, GGFan. :D And yeah, Timid would have NOT done that Hippo any favors. And I see more Occa Berry Metagross leads than anything. Here's one of my leads:

[sprite]400[/sprite]

Bibarel@Leftovers

Careful Nature

252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD <--- these give even defenses

- Yawn

- Super Fang

- Waterfall

- Taunt

The antithesis of Greencat's Chubby :D

Note: I am NOT a serious battler!

Edited by wraith89

235.png

LOLWUT@ Focus Sash

Trait: Own Tempo

IVs: 0/31/0/31/x/0

EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk

Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)

- Spore

- Stealth Rock

- Endeavor

- Extremespeed / Bullet Punch / Aqua Jet

Basically, I Spore first turn. If I out speed then I set up Stealth Rocks. If they out speed and hit him, then I Endeavor on the switch. Clean up with the priority move of choice. This set fails against faster taunters, sleepers, Lum berries.

235.png

LOLWUT@ Focus Sash

Trait: Own Tempo

IVs: 0/31/0/31/x/0

EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk

Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)

- Spore

- Stealth Rock

- Endeavor

- Extremespeed / Bullet Punch / Aqua Jet

Basically, I Spore first turn. If I out speed then I set up Stealth Rocks. If they out speed and hit him, then I Endeavor on the switch. Clean up with the priority move of choice. This set fails against faster taunters, sleepers, Lum berries.

Very Nice, but this doesn't fit into the metagame.lots of azelfs now use taunt, and azelf is no. 1 in usage(leads), so it is a big problem.Same with aerodactyl, but it is no. 6 instead.Trickscarf users screw this up too.Common trickscarf-er is jirachi, the no. 3 lead.Roserade is a big problem, too.Metagross with lum berry will screw this up too, as EQ + Bullet punch is an OHKO.

Simply, this set is very nice, but this metagame is not the time to use it.

I give it a 8/10, because I still feel like the trickscarf smeargle is better, but this is quite viable too.

Very Nice, but this doesn't fit into the metagame.lots of azelfs now use taunt, and azelf is no. 1 in usage(leads), so it is a big problem.Same with aerodactyl, but it is no. 6 instead.Trickscarf users screw this up too.Common trickscarf-er is jirachi, the no. 3 lead.Roserade is a big problem, too.Metagross with lum berry will screw this up too, as EQ + Bullet punch is an OHKO.

Simply, this set is very nice, but this metagame is not the time to use it.

I give it a 8/10, because I still feel like the trickscarf smeargle is better, but this is quite viable too.

For the sake of this metagame, I think TrickScarf would be a better way to utilize a Smeargle lead. Too many Roserade/Azelf/Aerodactyl leads, which are all potential problems. But there are other viable trick scarf leads, such as Jirachi and Bronzong.

Could anyone think of a Bronzong lead? They get taunted too easily :-/

Could anyone think of a Bronzong lead? They get taunted too easily :-/

That's kind of why Bronzong is a bad lead, unless you want to just do something like Explode right away. It can't raise it's attack, but it can Calm Mind up it's special attack.

You can kind of use Bronzong to counter Trick leads by giving it a horrible item, like Macho Brace. But then you have to watch out so it doesn't get tricked backed onto your speedy Gengar or whatever.

Starmie w/ Choice Scarf

Bold (+Def, -Atk)

Natural Cure

252 HP/128 DEF/128 Sp DEF

- Trick

- Thunder Wave/Icy Wind

- Confuse Ray/Reflect

- Toxic/Recover/Light Screen

Defensive Stamie has sucked in the past, but I'm eager to test out how Trick will work with it. Even with no speed EVs, it still outspeeds Jolly Aero and really only fears other Trick leads.

Trick the Scarf away to something that won't like it. After ditching it, do your thang on the inevitable switch.

Thunder Wave to slow down foes. Icy Wind is also a usually unexpected option because Stamie learns Ice Beam. But Icy Wind lowers the speed one stage. Utilizing Icy Wind might need some special attack EVs, and those can be taken from special defense.

Confuse Ray, Toxic, and Recover are preferred over Screens since other Pokes can set up screens better than Starmie can.

I'm also working on a more offensive version of this set. Same basic premise, but Cosmic Power will be used to make up for the lesser EVs in DEF/SpDEF.