R/S/E/LG/FR - Code for holding Key Items?

Larkas

Hello there, guys!

I was searching and couldn't find this answer: is there any code to make pokemons hold key items in the third generation games? Alternatively, is there any way to change an item held by a pokemon using codes, hopefully into a key item?

The reason I want to do this is very simple: I want to have both MysticTicket and AuroraTicket in my real cartridges, but I don't have a GameShark nor an Action Replay, and these are very expensive nowadays. I was thinking of getting myself a flash cart then*, and putting edited pokemons with these equipped to trade with my real games in it. It might not be the best way to do it, but if possible, it would at least be a way.

On a side note, I searched a little and couldn't find information about how to put Mystery Gifts in 3rd gen games' saves. Is that even possible? It would be great to have a pokesav-like tool for them too :/

* If I'm not mistaken, and seeing as I own all the original 3rd gen games, backing up my cartridges for ROMs would be encompassed under fair use by US law, right?

PS: I still have to test this program, maybe it will do the trick: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?1250-Pokebox-GBA-version-6.4

EDIT: That program DID work... To some extent. With it, I can get both tickets as Pokemon held items, but unfortunately, the event doesn't start up (i.e.: the sailor in Vermillion does nothing different, he only offers trips to the Sevii Islands), so I'm guessing it's not as easy as having the items in your inventory. A pity =/ I'm guessing I can't, but do you guys know if there's any way to start up these events without the use of a GameShark, Action Replay or (of course) having access to the real event?

Edited by Larkas

Sorry, not that I know of, because normally when one uses a code to add the key Item into the pc, for instance, they required another code to make the game recognize the item as an event item.

EDIT. if you have a ds Flashcart, you can use http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?12405-A-tool-to-backup-HG-SS-saves to back up your save then figure out a way to backup your ROM, then download VBA (google's your friend) and use the attached program to create a VBA code for a pokemon holding the item, enter a GameShark code to activate the respective event, and visit the docks and catch the pokemon.

PokemonMaker_v4.2&.rar

PokemonMaker_v4.2&.rar

Edited by Delta Blast Burn
Fixed the wording a little.