Body Art

Okami

Anyone have any tattoos or piercings to show off? I figure this would go better here than Off Topic since it has to do with art. So show your pictures and tell us the symbolism, if it has any :]

me016.jpg

That was taken on the day I got it, six months ago. I'll hopefully get a newer picture soon.

In a very basic form, this image represents my life and all the things I believe in: the thorns of temptation and trial, the heart for revitalization and love, the flames of strength and passion surrounding the three crosses, representing power over the Fall, over life itself. In one word to sum it up: freedom.

It also is in dedication to my two favorite organizations, To Write Love on Her Arms and HeartSupport, both of which helped me through the deepest struggles of depression. It is for self-injury awareness, to show that pain is not the end, sometimes only the beginning.

Into the end-spring/early-summer time of the year, and my wearing more and more short sleeves, I get so many people asking "Is that a real tattoo? ... Did it hurt?" Gosh, I have friends getting annoyed by those questions, they've heard it so many times too.

So how about it guys? Any of you have anything to share with us?

:eek:Cool! unfortunately I'm to young to get a tattoo,:frown: but when I'm old enough i plan to get a tattoo of an eagle in a sun near my shoulders, or a set of all ace of cards on my shoulder.

This may be an annoying question, but does it hurt, and how much, like what do you have to do during the "operation" and after, like I'm so not gonna get any piercing, because of the crap my siblings had to go through.

The Eagle to me represents freedom, and the ability to express free willingly, while the cards just look cool,:cool: or they could possibly represent that life is to short to be all serious, that everyone needs a laugh.

I have a very high pain tolerance, so for me, it didn't hurt much at all. I only winced in pain once, and that was when it got close to the top of the flame and the middle cross, close to the vein in my wrist. It only lasted an hour to get mine. Basically all we did was sit there and listen to crap music and talk about school and stuff. (My tattoo artist went to my highschool and had some of my same teachers :] ) Plus, after a while all you feel is the vibration. It's not horrible at all!

:eek:Cool! unfortunately I'm to young to get a tattoo,:frown: but when I'm old enough i plan to get a tattoo of an eagle in a sun near my shoulders, or a set of all ace of cards on my shoulder.

This may be an annoying question, but does it hurt, and how much, like what do you have to do during the "operation" and after, like I'm so not gonna get any piercing, because of the crap my siblings had to go through.

The Eagle to me represents freedom, and the ability to express free willingly, while the cards just look cool,:cool: or they could possibly represent that life is to short to be all serious, that everyone needs a laugh.

Don't get a tattoo... it does you no good :-/

I plan on getting a tattoo as soon as I can save up enough money to do so. I'm going to wait, though, and get a tattoo from a professional, not the little back of the alley shops you see around where I live.

I know I want a tattoo of wings across my back. Not the little shoulder wings most people have, I mean full on wings all the way down my back. ^.^ I want one of these designs, but I can't decide which. :<

tribaltattoosofangelwin.jpgtomswingstattoo.jpg25857897angelwingstatto.jpg

Or just some variation of demon wings, "angelic" isn't a term most would use to describe me. I'm pretty much a demon. :3

To me, they represent freedom, and something that just differentiates me from most people. I've always felt like an outsider...

And possibly a tail. I always joke that I have a tail and wings because I can't sit on my tailbone or shoulder blades without it hurting.

I'd say the third ones there, Kuo. Those ones are absolutely beautiful. Maybe get them with a hint of tribal, like the first pair? I think that would give the more 'demonic edge' tone to the wings by doing that!

I love tribal tatts. *melts ~<3* My second may very well be a tribal tattoo, I want to get a wolf pup nibbling on a treble clef...still coming up with the design, though.

Yeah i was planning to get large angel like wings on my back, but i figured it would hurt a lot, LOL, I'm not too good with pain, well it depends, those big hard pain, like what you get from punches, I'm alright with that, because that type of pain goes away fast, but like getting a paper cut, the stinging pain, yeah i can't really handle that. xD

This is my idea of angel like wings that i was planning to get:

Angel_Wings_Tatoo_by_Spirogs.jpg

I doodle on my body a lot, but I don't think I'd get something permanent... Not sure.

Anyways, I hope that you guys make sure that when you get tattoos, that everything is anatomically correct, unless you specifically want them stylized... I just get bugged when I see something that was designed to be realistic yet has incorrect wing structure or something...

Edit: An example of this, thought not exactly anatomy, is flame.... The brighter the colour of fire, the hotter it is... Which is why it should have a yellow or white center, not red.

Not dissing on your tattoo or anything, Okami. :3

I Plan On Getting The Illuminati Diamond Tattooed Just Above, But Partially On My Diphram

If You Dont Know What The Illuminati Diamond Is...

Read Angles And Demons By Dan Brown I'm Not Sure If It's In The Movie Because I Have Yet To See It

just like the camberlengo :D I think it whould be pretty hard to get an illuminati diamond having to be in perfect symmetry and all but it whould be way cool.

hhmm i whould like to get a grim reaper it whould be real cool :D

I doodle on my body a lot, but I don't think I'd get something permanent... Not sure.

Anyways, I hope that you guys make sure that when you get tattoos, that everything is anatomically correct, unless you specifically want them stylized... I just get bugged when I see something that was designed to be realistic yet has incorrect wing structure or something...

Edit: An example of this, thought not exactly anatomy, is flame.... The brighter the colour of fire, the hotter it is... Which is why it should have a yellow or white center, not red.

Not dissing on your tattoo or anything, Okami. :3

Actually, I didn't have much say in how it was colored, only the colors used lol My tatt artist was just like "Let me handle it, it'll look awesome trust me." Jimmy was a rad guy.

• 2 months later...

It's more about symbolizing my greed, than a tribute to the series. lol

Though I suppose that its no coincidence that Greed is also the most awesome badass of the Homunculi, the original Greed at least. Lin-Greed isn't bad either, more so in recent chapters though.

I would most defiantly get tribal body art and piercings, from the tribes themselves... I plan on joining the Peace Corps. after college and I think it would be amazing to help different tribes in Africa and receive piercings and tattoos from them, although it would probably be one of the most painful things I've ever experienced.

But before I think about post-college Peace Corps. stuff, I plan on getting a good deal of tattoos as soon as I get a job... I want to get "I am my love's and my love is mine, who browses among the lilies." from Song of Solomon on the inside of my right forearm in Hebrew, the outline of North Carolina on the inside of my left forearm, and the face of a lion on my thigh with the Hebrew sign for Gad because my birthday verse is 1 Chronicles 12:8 which describes the men who helped King David as men trained for war with the faces of lions and who were swift as deer.

They're all influenced by my religion and thats that.