PPSE Feature List

Sabresite

PokeMod will support characteristics.
On that note, it would be super awesome if someone could figure out how the game determines a Pokémon's Characteristic in the event of a tie in highest IVs.

Any idea about this then? Because I guarantee you there will be a ton of people creating all 31 IV Pokémon, and the Characteristic will be different among them. I'm guessing it's a variance in PID and possibly Class, but tests have been inconclusive as far as I can see.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All 31 IV only have a handful of possible PIDs. But almost all 31 IVs, most likely have a great deal more possibility, probably any combination of nature/gender/ability with almost perfect IVs exists. Personally I would just create a PID table but it would be annoyingly large. (about 13 bytes times the number of possible pids (4294967296), ergo about 53248 mb (unless I screwed up my math))

All 31 IV only have a handful of possible PIDs.

Granted, but this still applies in any situation where there is a tie in IVs, so it could still come up even in a non all-31-IV situation.

Either way it would be useful for me, because my PKM reader would be even more accurate.

• 2 weeks later...
I heard that the Classic Ribbon's description changes when you have hacked Pokemon on the game. Will Pokemod cause this to happen? Will it be able to fix this as well?

This is actually a feature related to special ribbons from the GBA game.

Seals:

• Adding/Editing/Removing Seals in the Seal Case
  • Creating a capsule with seals
  • Editing the placement and seals on a capsules
  • Removing seal from a capsule
  • Adding a seal capsule to a pokemon

Do you have data on this already? I've started getting curious about Seals and will be researching this. I'd be more than happy to share the results.

Will there be a feature where you like modifiy the Pokemon you make like give it stats and specific moves then battle it in the Wild or another feature like Create your own Trainer code like give it any pokemon you like to battle againt and moves as well as IV and EV states then Battle that Customize trainer you made for all 3 versons like the versons for GBA? Also will you put the respawns for Platinum like Diamond and Pearl?

Please do, I only have limited information on the placement.

Here's what I know so far.

Each seal takes up exactly 3 bytes of information. 1st byte tells what seal you're working with (01h = Heart Seal A, 4Dh = Mystery Seal), the 2nd byte is an X coordinate, and the 3rd byte is a Y coordinate.

For the coordinate system, the origin (00h,00h) is the upper left corner. The actual area that the seals can be in is an oval shape 120 units wide and 116 units tall. The X value ranges from 82h to FAh. The Y value ranges from 0Ah to 82h. I'm using No$GBA and a RAM viewer to try and pin down all the boundary units, though I wish my printer was working so I could print out some graph paper. I'm better with visuals.

In a raw .sav file from No$GBA, the information for the first capsule in your PC starts at 0x00006050, the second at 0x00006068, etc. (24 bytes apart) Each capsule can have 8 seals, and they all fit snugly together within the 24 bytes.

When a Pokemon has a capsule attached to it, the byte at 0x8D is set to 01h. It's 00h otherwise. The seal and coordinate information is stored directly on the Pokemon's. It doesn't appear to be linked to the PC.

Now that I think about it though, I only tested assigning the first capsule to a Pokemon. It's probable that the value at 0x8D is the number of the capsule you assigned to the Pokemon. (EDIT: Yep, that seems to be the case.) If that's the case, I wonder what would happen if the Pokemon's capsule information didn't match with what's in the PC for that capsule.

EDIT: That's a Diamond save, btw. I haven't done Platinum yet. Because of a bug in No&GBA, I can't work on Plat until my computer's sound is fixed.

Edited by Jiggy-Ninja

Was finally able to print some graph paper so I could visually lay out the Seal area's boundaries. Unfortunately, I need to reprint the damn thing since I didn't give it enough lines in the Y direction. I'll upload a scan of it when I'm done.

Will there be a feature where you like modifiy the Pokemon you make like give it stats and specific moves then battle it in the Wild or another feature like Create your own Trainer code like give it any pokemon you like to battle againt and moves as well as IV and EV states then Battle that Customize trainer you made for all 3 versons like the versons for GBA? Also will you put the respawns for Platinum like Diamond and Pearl?

Ken, to be honest, I'm not sure I understand what your question(s) is/are.

Obviously editing Pokémon that you have captured is possible, and also editing the "roaming" Pokémon. But how could you edit other wild Pokémon? They don't even exist yet.

As for "customizing trainers", if you are referring to the NPC trainers, that is a rom editing function... not a save editing function. You might want to look at PPRE.

If by "respawn" you mean "rebattle a one-time legendary / event Pokémon", then the answer is yes, you will be able to reset the flags necessary to do that.

I definaly can't wait till the rebattle one-time Legendary/ Event Pokemon come to Pokemon Platinum which Hope you guys can get Giranita and Heatran to rebattle as well unlike the old codes for Diamond and Pearl which they don't work. I definly can't wait till Pokemod to come out live and fully updated.

One more Question. Will there be patches for future updates and new stuff for Pokemod also updates for Roms as well?

Sabresite also mentioned that PokéMod will have a fully automatic online update system for his program. As for "updates for roms", if you mean updated compatibility for roms as they come, I'm sure that (at least for the DS main series RPGs) Sabresite will do the best he can, but it would be tremendously awesome if the rest of us helped out when, for example, HG and SS are released.

I haven't really gotten around to Platinum yet, but I plan to be fully caught up with all of it by the end of the year, so that I can begin hunting for offsets in said new games. If you want PokéMod updated quickly, anyone is welcome to help.

you guys need all the help you can get to get Pokemod up for all 3 versons also for the upcoming versons.

I normally try not to speak for other people, but I cannot imagine a world in which Sabresite would not turn down free help. And who can blame him? That's a pretty big feature list.

Anyway, yes, I cannot possibly stress enough that anyone can help. You don't have to have any prior knowledge or experience; mostly just patience and a willingness to cooperate.

If you'd like to volunteer, PM me and I'll get in touch with Sabresite.

O.o...Wow..I was told about something called a PokeMod...and when I came across this topic I just decided to read it for kicks...it made me

O.o

Goodbye Pokesav? And plus changing my Resolution every time I wanna use Pokesav is a pain (It's too big for my screen).