would AR codes work for ROM hacks?

Philip11

sort of. you would need to find what's being modified in memory within the rom and make the changes there. definitely possible, but potentially hard to find. what did you have in mind?

Pokemon Plaitnum enhanced edition basic codes thanks!

huh? still no idea what you actually want to do.

I would like you to make some AR codes for pokemon platinum enhanced edition codes such as 100% catch rate and the rare candies and thats it thanks!

Edited by Philip11

guys just first Identify which version of the game the hack was based upon Like let say Pokemon Platinum enhanced, most editors will state on which game they modified, if Pokemon Platinum enhanced is based on the US version of the game , then the action replay codes for the US version of the game will apply , if was based on the french version of the game then use the french version of the game, that is the logic behind it

guys just first Identify which version of the game the hack was based upon Like let say Pokemon Platinum enhanced, most editors will state on which game they modified, if Pokemon Platinum enhanced is based on the US version of the game , then the action replay codes for the US version of the game will apply , if was based on the french version of the game then use the french version of the game, that is the logic behind it

Thank you :)

oh, i was way overthinking this. i thought he was making a hack and watned to have an ar code always on. i had assumed this was an intelligent question. apparently not.

You saying I am Dumb?

• 3 weeks later...

AR codes are designed to edit RAM, not ROM, so no, this would not be possible as far as I know. AR codes are made to edit the game during gameplay, and the only things that can be edited via gameplay are strings of data on the save file. To edit the ROM itself, you'd need to do your editing on a copy of the game ROM, and using your computer to do so. If what you're trying to do is edit the ROM on a retail game cart, you're out of luck. Not trying to sound mean, but if you don't know much about how AR codes work or how to edit RAM, then you shouldn't really be trying to edit the ROM straight off the bat, especially with Pokémon Black/White. It's very tricky stuff with the new generation.

In any case, doesn't this thread belong on the ROM forum?

Edit: Oh, sorry. I did some re-reading and realised that I'd misread the question. Ignore me!