Favourite Pokemon For Each Type

Lorshinator

• 1 month later...

Sorry if i dont do any deep philosophical answers but whenever i do the tab likes to re-load and delete all my stuff (this is my 3rd try so i'll make it short and simple). Also i cannot find the spolier button/thing -__-

Bug:

Genesect

649.gif

Love the way its done. Possibly a Kabutops? Never really liked bug pokemon. Love this one though xD

Dark:

Absol

359.gif

Disaster Pokemon? Awesome design? Cool head thing? Totally my favorite dark pokemon B]

Dragon:

Rayquaza

384.gif

(OH NO! A LEGENDARY!) Never been into cute, nice pokemon such as Altaria, Flygon or even Dragonite. Always liked the weird, demonic, out-of-this-world, mean and fierce looking things. So naturally, my favorite is Rayquaza. Also he is one of my if not my most favorite pokemon there is. (btw Rayquaza and Charizard have the best shines)

Electric:

Magneton

082.gif

Loved Magnemite, why not have 3? Awesome design in my opinion and defiantly my favorite electric pokemon because it just looks so heartless with a sort-of Terminator style of "Evil".

Fighting:

Gallade

475BW.gif

Why? Its looks human, but so much MORE than that though. I love this pokemon because it just puzzels me so much and i will always love it.

Fire:

ARCANINE!!!

059.gif

Look at this wise and ferocious son-of-a-gun, he RADIATES AWESOME (and maybe some heat as-well). If there was an AWESOME TYPE he would be the only pokemon that is awesome type AND has a third type, which YOU CHOOSE!!! Overall i really like they way its done and making it look cool, while also making it look like a wild ferocious beast.

Flying:

Aerodactyl

142.gif

I love the way its made, having the awesome bat-like wings, almost evil look on its face. Simply i just love it.

Ghost:

Gengar

094.gif

The KING of ghost-pokemon, this guy eats dreams and sweats murder, WHO CAN'T LOVE THAT?

Grass:

Cacturne

332.gif

I love the way this pokemon has an evil, demonic, living-scarecrow sort of design. Especially since this was in my first Hoenn party I've always seemed to love it.

Ground:

Garchomp

445BW.gif

This is my runner-up dragon, and also my favorite ground (Nidoking is in 2nd place T___T). I love the way this has been designed, with an almost Bulette (yes, a Bulette) style design, yet a lot more ferocious and devastatingly AWESOME. It has defiantly made a place in my heart.

Ice:

Articuno

144s.png

The first time i saw this pokemon i just went "Screw Moltres and Zaptos. Articuno FTW!". I love this magestic ice pokemon. I know that most of my favorites have been demonic, evil looking things but this is an exception. And, as a side note, the first Articuno i caught was a shiny :D (only even seen 4 shines and they were Articuno, Swinub, Gyarados (red gyarados is shiny) and Roserade.)

Normal:

Exploud

295.gif

When i saw whismur i thought it was like a jigglypuff kind of thing, so i caught it and wanted to see what it evolved into. 4 days later: lvl 80 exploud. nuff said.

Poison:

Muk

089.gif

I just love this guy. A look of no remorse in his eyes. Able to seep into every crack or tiny corner. Oozing everywhere, i just am fascinated by it. That is why he's my favorite poison ;)

Psychic:

Metagross

376.gif

Just look at this guy. Steel and Psychic, cool, unique and somewhat alien design. Defiantly my favorite Psychic pokemon, even though im not too fond of psychics though... (plus its shiny is really cool)

Rock:

Rampardos

409.gif

10,000% times cooler than almost every pokemon, this whopper of a dino-saur is a MUST HAVE on my list. Dinosaurs are still cool, no matter what ANYONE says.

Steel:

Steelix

208.gif

I really like the Onix duo, and how they are both designed to have such an awesome look. My Kudos goes to nintendo/gamefreak for making me love Steelix and so many other pokemon.

Water:

Lapras

131.gif

After a hard choice, Lapras stood above the rest of the water-pokemon. I really like this one such as i like many other water pokemon, but Lapras is special because it has a very majestic and smart look to it, and even though its not monstorous or anything like that, but that depends on how you look at the Lapras. Personally, i see it as this:

http://tpa.cdn.1d4.us/i/furry.1d4.us/_images/3f0fe6a20414d2677629a2bb2a66a34f/17020%20-%20ambigtuous_gender-angry-blood-blue-harpoon-horn-lapras-pokemonfromhell-pok%C3%A9mon-shell-solo-spikes-teeth-water-white_eyes.png

Anyway that all. hope someone can tell me how to make a spoiler cause im a forum n00b.

edit: for those who notice, there aren't any 5th gens on my list cause i haven't played the games yet. T___T

Edited by gameos7

How to make spoilers

[noparse]

INSERT CONTENT HERE

[/noparse]

^--- You can also see this little topic for help regarding BBTags... I'm sorry if it sounds confusing. It's also on my sig... maybe I should place that someplace more noticeable.

Try to write everything in notepad or something before posting something long. It usually helps because it logs you off automatically after 15 minutes of inactivity.

And nice, another Articuno fan :)

Your tastes are quite similar to Lorshy's, I must say (the OP).

And uh... in my opinion, Gen V Pokemon are overpowered, but I'm apparently wrong in my perception because statistically it "balanced out" the power creep of Gen IV, they say. I felt a surge of heavy hitting offensive metagame in Gen V though because everyone and their mother were given stats of 130 or above, even crazy numbers like 145 or 147... that's just me.

Hmmm, we share similar tastes of fierce looking pokemon. :D

Although I do not prefer to use the word "demonic", "evil" or "fierce" certainly seems to fit my criteria.

Thanks for posting, and your faves are pretty cool! Some of them are interesting too... like magneton... xD

I'm not basing these off of power/efficiency in battle, because my favorites consist mostly of Pokemon I think look "cool".

Some of them animate if you hover your mouse over them(:

**NOTE**

Some of the sprites didn't work and this took way too long not to post, so sorry if some of them don't appear.

Normal

[animsprite]468[/animsprite]

I'm not the biggest fan of Normal types, so I'll have to use a dual type and say Togekiss. It just looks so graceful.

Fire

[sprite]637[/sprite]

I just love Volcarona(: Close seconds could be Arcanine or Blaziken.

Water

[animsprite]160[/animsprite]

possibly Swampert, too

Electric

[animsprite]243[/animsprite]

I also like Raichu, Ampharos, and Manectric.

Grass

[sprite]640[/sprite]

Sceptile and Roserade are cool, too.

Ice

[sprite]478[/sprite]

I also like Walrein.

Fighting

[sprite]560[/sprite]

uhm, duh. no question.

Poison

[sprite]545[/sprite]

not that many poison types that I like.

Ground

[sprite]553[/sprite]

love it's attack and speed. no competition for me.

Flying

[animsprite]334[/animsprite]

This was a hard decision. I love almost all Flying types.

Psychic

[animsprite]196[/animsprite]

Super hard to decide. Runner Ups? Gardevoir and Alakazam.

Bug

[animsprite]348[/animsprite]

^ only because I already chose Volcarona and Scolipede for other types.

Bug types aren't my first choice, but if I had to choose I'd say Galvantula, Volcarona, Scolipede, and Ariados are close. This is probably also why I only chose dual type bug pokemon...

Rock

[animsprite]248[/animsprite]

No question who my favorite is out of the rock types!

Ghost

[sprite]609[/sprite]

Banette and Dusknoir = close seconds

Dragon

[sprite]635[/sprite]

Just like Flying types, I love nearly all Dragon types, too.

Haxorus, Salamence, Garchomp, and Altaria.

Dark

[animsprite]461[/animsprite]

Krookodile, Drapion, Absol, and Houndoom.

Steel

[animsprite]212[/animsprite]

Aggron, Steelix, and Bastiodon.

Edited by Pseudonym.

Although I do not prefer to use the word "demonic", "evil" or "fierce" certainly seems to fit my criteria.

Yeah, its just i like EVIL looking things. Always liked undead mainly though, dunno why, dunno care.

when i wrote: "demonic" and "fierce", i guess i was using quite hefty hyperbole (kudos to those who say it: hyper-bole. xD)

edit #1: didn't let me make a spoiler..... HUUUUURRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

edit #2: about our tastes in pokemon, i actually find Magikarp to be very delicious. Serve it with a side of Dratini and it is DELICIOUS!

I suppose the difference is that I like things that are naturally fierce...

about our tastes in pokemon, i actually find Magikarp to be very delicious. Serve it with a side of Dratini and it is DELICIOUS!

Lol, taking that literally. xD

Anyway, thanks for commenting.

• 1 year later...

Normal: Porygon

Fire: Charizard

Water: Empoleon

Electric: Pikachu

Grass: Snivy

Ice: Kyurem

Fighting: Lucario

Poison: trashbag, I mean Trubbish

Ground: Rhyperior

Flying: Shaymin

Psychic: Alakazam

Bug: Scyther

Rock: Tyranitar

Ghost: Gengar

Dragon: Dragonite

Dark: Darkrai

Steel: Magnemite

Didn't feel like making it fancy

Normal-type

300.gif

I don't particularly like kittens (because I don't have any)

...but Skitty is so cute (\^3^/)

Also, Zigzagoon, Linoone and Delcatty.

Fighting-type

257.gif

Cool even without Speed Boost!

Flying-type

373.gif

One of the quite few Flying-type Pokémon that look cool.

Also, Swablu and Altaria.

Poison-type

169.gif

One of my favorites, also was among my first Pokémon I used.

Ground-type

027.gif

It's kinda cute. Sandlash is good as well.

Rock-type

112.gif

It's Rhydon! It's triceratops-like thing! It looks great!

Bug-type

540.gif

It's so cute... (yeah, there's pattern here)

Also, Nincada and Ninjask

Ghost-type

607.gif

One of the cutest Ghost-type around. :D

Steel-type

081.gif

It just looks... good. I can't say why, it just look good.

Fire-type

498.gif

It looks cute... yeah.

Water-type

073.gif

It looks badass.

Grass-type

492.gif

Little grass hedgehog ^_^

Also, I think I kinda like Bellsprout.

Electric-type

595.gif

Another little cute Pokémon! Also, Galvantula isn't bad, either. Nor Pichu.

Psychic-type

151.gif

My number one favorite. Ever. Enough said.

Ice-type

363.gif

Another cute Pokémon. :c

Dragon-type

147.gif

Yet another cutie! Well...

Dark-type

197.gif

Looks cool; also I prefer night over day.

Bug: Shedinja 292.png

Is this really a question? I mean c'mon, for a starter he's a ninja. Oh, and he has that whole "absorbs souls" thing going on. I can't understand how anyone would choose a different Pokémon for Bug.

Dark: Brycen-Man! Spr_5b2_Brycenman.png

He counts, right? I mean damn, look at his costume. If it has to be an actual Pokémon though, probably Absol.

Dragon: Gible Spr_5b_443_m.png

He's just so, so, SO adorable! He's pretty much the only dragon I'd want to hug.

Electric: Raichu Spr_5b_026_m.png

No question. I don't even think I need to explain this, Rai is just so damn adorable.

Fairy: Gardevoir Spr_5b_282.png

This is probably too early, but hey, why not? Until I see the other Fairy Pokémon, it'll have to be Gardevoir.

Fighting: Infernape Spr_5b_392.png

It's the evolved form of my very first Pokémon, starter of my very first Pokémon game and is a monkey boxer. Nothing cooler than a monkey boxer.

Fire: Heatran Spr_5b_485.png

I know this is kinda creepy, but I like to imagine Heatran as the melting remains of another Pokémon, wearing the steel husk of the one that died. I dunno man, it's just something about it that makes me think that.

Flying: Honchkrow Spr_5b_430.png

He's part of the goddamn mafia! That's all the reason I'll ever need to love this guy.

Ghost: Gastly Spr_5b_092.png

I dunno why I like this guy, I think it's because of his cool origins. He looks a lot less of a boring stereotyped "ghost" than Haunter or Gengar do, too.

Grass: Lombre Spr_5b_271.png

He has the mexican-ness of Ludicolo and the not-going-to-haunt-my-nightmares-ness of Lotad. Good combo.

Ground: Wooper Spr_5b_194_m.png

The face of death. I have some good memories of this guy, and that expression is just...wow

Ice: Swinub Spr_5b_220.png

Swinewbie is just cute, really. That's all there is to it. Ice sucks and I'm just glad this one still has his looks...

Normal: Linoone Spr_5b_264.png

This guy has to have the best design idea I've seen in a while. I mean really, when you think it about it this guy is pretty great. Hunter that can only go in a straight line? Wow, no idea how they could have come up with that.

Poison: Croagunk Spr_5b_453_m.png

I've seen too much dppt anime to not love this guy. That's all I can say, really.

Psychic: Metagross Spr_5b_376.png

Well I can't really say Gardevoir now (or Brycen-Man). So I'm going to have to go with Metagross as a secondary option. Metalsupercomputerspiderthing? Yes please.

Rock: Relicanth Spr_5b_369_m.png

Another great Pokémon design

Steel: Empoleon Spr_5b_395.png

Empoleon is, of course, another one of my favourite Pokémon purely for being a 4th gen starter. Man, I love(d) that game, and Empoleon's regal design is just really pleasing to me.

Water: Clauncher

240px-Clauncher.png

THE GAME ISN'T EVEN OUT YET BUT I ALREADY LOVE THIS POKEMON GALEGAGMENMAHGNHEAHG

Sorry. Anyway, it's a pistol shrimp, my all time favourite animal. It's a f**king shrimp with a gun.

Whoo, that took a while.

• 4 weeks later...

Ground

Swampert

This was my strongest Pokemon ever in any of my games that I personally trained (lvl 78) I've always had a close attachment to Mudkip

Water

Blastoise

Squirtle was my first Pokemon ever (fire red bruh) and honestly it's design is sick!

Fire

Arcanine

I always thought arcanine was the best Pokemon. I have never had one until recently and it's just the best in my eyes.

Flying

Aerodactyl

I love dinosaurs and it's one of the coolest m************ around. Not to mention it's cry that annoyed my parents with for hours

Steel

Skarmory

I mean seriously this Pokemon is the epitome of great design and good colors nuff said

Grass

Breloom

I honestly have no clue as to why I like breloom

Rock

Rampardos

Once again another dinosaur on the list it's based on one of my favorite dinosaurs (pachesepholosaurus (i know that's not how it's spelled))

Bug

Dustox

I've tried to get this Pokemon repeatedly and I got beautifly. Ughh anyway for it's annoyance it's my favorite

Dark

Absol

Hands down one of the best Pokemon designs ever. Even better is its mega evolution look.

Ghost

Gengar

As some may know I'm really into Pokemon myths and gengar is included in one (gengar=clefairy shadow)

Psychic

Gardevoir

This isn't really my favorite but my crush thought it had a pretty design. That my friends is how you get a new favorite Pokemon.

Normal

Meowth

The one character in the anime that has stayed likable throughout the series. Props to you voice actor

Poison

Arbok

I never realized how useful this Pokemon was till recently in my heart gold game I've been using and I realized it has alot of good options in its movepool.

Fighting

Hariyama

With its way oversized hands and "man skirt" hariyama makes the cut because if it wasn't so scary it'd b a really funny Pokemon

Fairy doesn't apply because I didnt care to see what kind of Pokemon are there

Electric

Raichu

The reason I chose raichu is because...I hate the hype over pikachu and seeing someone with the brains to evolve it is an awesome trainer

Ice

Lapras

It's intelligent, well designed, and hard to get in some games (and easy in others). What's not to like

Dragon

Salamance

Honestly I'm not a big dragon person but I think Salamance is cool in the fact that bagon is so undeveloped you can't help but be happy when he grows into this beast

Honorable mentions:

Nidoking, Ampharos, electabuzz, joeys rattata (creepypasta), dusknoir, gyrados, kabutops, and feraligatr

• 3 months later...

Bug

[sPRITE]015[/sPRITE]Beedrill

Not only is Beedrill fucking badass, he's really overlooked. Everyone seems to think Beedrill is useless, but I love using him in FireRed/LeafGreen as a counter against Psychic types with Pin Missle and Twin Needle.Also his Swarm ability makes his Bug moves even better.

Dark

[sPRITE]302[/sPRITE]Sableye

Another criminally overlooked Pokemon, Sableye got me through a lot of battles in Emerald. He too looks like a badass.

Dragon

[sPRITE]373[/sPRITE]Salamence

I'm not sure if Salamence is classified as a pseudo-legendary, but he gets my pick for dragon. Awesome design, and pretty awesome stats too.

Electric

[sPRITE]181[/sPRITE]Ampharos

Very close second to Raichu, Ampharos just has a better movepool and stats than Raichu, so edged it out. If this was just based on looks, I'd choose Raichu or Electabuzz, but for in-game usage, I like Ampharos the best.

Fighting

[sPRITE]057[/sPRITE]Primape

I'm not a big fan of fighting types, mainly cause (besides Machop), you can't always get decent ones till late in the game. However, in Kanto games, you can get Mankey very near the start, and he's badass, plus he evolves pretty early.

Fire

[sPRITE]005[/sPRITE]Charmeleon

I know Charizard is better stat-wise, and he gets the extra typing, but I always thought Charmeleon looked way more badass than Charizard, and I like the shade of red that Charmeleon is. Charmander was my first ever starter, so his evolutionary line is nostalgic for me too.

Flying

[sPRITE]022[/sPRITE]Fearow

Spearow always seemed like Pidgey's younger, less popular brother, but I like Spearow better, and while Pidgey becomes a big poofy bird, Spearow becomes even more badass than he was before. Fearow's been my Kanto flier ever since I discovered how cool he was.

Ghost

[sPRITE]093[/sPRITE]Haunter

I've actually never used Gengar, cause I never had anyone to trade with when I played Red and Blue back in the day, but I think Haunter looks cooler anyway. Ghost isn't one of my favourite types (I only have ever really used Haunter and Sabeleye in all my Pokemon playthroughs), but Haunter is the coolest.

Grass

[sPRITE]154[/sPRITE]Meganium

This was a tough one between Venasaur and Meganium, but I gave it to Meganium because I would always choose Squirtle or Charmander in Red and Blue, so I never used Venasaur perhaps as much as I should. The first time I played Silver, I chose Chikorita because I'd never played with the grass starter before, but I found that Bayleef and Meganium are both really cool and really useful Pokemon.

Ground

[sPRITE]330[/sPRITE]Flygon

Ground is another type which I don't much like, but Flygon is an exception (as well as Quagsire!). I thought the Dragon/Ground dual typing was cool, plus Flygon's design is really cool. I was skeptical at first, because Trapinch didn't do that well on my team, but once it evolved, it turned out to be an excellent addition.

Ice

[sPRITE]215[/sPRITE]Sneasel

To be fair, Sneasel is the only Ice type I've ever used, besides Articuno. I feel like I should give Ice Pokemon a chance, but normally when I get to them, since they're late in the game, I've already got a six-Pokemon team sorted. On my next playthrough of Crystal, I'm going to train a Swinub and see how that works out.

Normal

[sPRITE]289[/sPRITE]Slaking

Norman's Slaking, as we all know, is a massive dick, but if you get one of your own, you can see why; Slaking has the highest base stats of any Pokemon that isn't legendary (or pseudo-legendary). That's pretty impressive. Good thing he has Truant, or he'd be ridiculously unfair.

Poison

[sPRITE]169[/sPRITE]Crobat

An oft-overlooked Pokemon, since everyone hates Zubat, but Crobat is totally awesome, and definitely worth training Zubat for. Plus he looks badass, whereas Golbat looks kind of silly.

Psychic

[sPRITE]178[/sPRITE]Xatu

Total badass, and has a really cool typing (Psychic/Flying), I always use Xatu as my flier in Gen II. Kadabra was a close second, but I've used Xatu more, so I chose him.

Rock

[sPRITE]248[/sPRITE]Tyranitar

Rock's probably my least favourite type, but Tyranitar is an exception. One of the coolest Pokemon designs, and has awesome stats to boot.

Steel

[sPRITE]306[/sPRITE]Aggron

Aron and Lairon are some of the coolest looking Pokemon, and Aggron is even cooler than them. That's like, really cool. I love having this guy on my team in Emerald.

Water

[sPRITE]130[/sPRITE]Gyarados

Yeah I know it's predictable, but who doesn't love Gyarados? In Kanto games, he is so worth raising a pathetic Magikarp to get, and I use him every single time I play those games, for his awesome looks and his usefulness in battle.

Honorable mentions: Scyther, Raichu, Venasaur, Quagsire, Articuno, Kadabra.

• 8 months later...