emuRNG, RNG Helper, and ARM9 Question

i'm not quite understanding this, to be honest. i get that you want to find your seed and delay(and i take it you mean gen 4 since the rng helper is for gen 4), but what does the arm9 have to do with it? the arm9 binary has the advancement routine, but not the rng buffer and learning armv5(the arm9 is an armv5 cpu) isn't going to help.

e: oh, i see what you're talking about. you mean the spot on desmume's ram viewer where it says arm9/arm7, right? you don't have to worry about that past knowing that you should keep it set to arm9 because the memory is different in places between them.

using the rng helper is really easy. for the frame finder portion, just go to the spot in ram specified by it and enter the number you find there with the ram viewer set to "words", not "bytes" and hit calculate. for the seed finder, enter the number listed in the initial seed location and the frame you're trying to get to from there.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

I think this is the step that I'm trying to understand.

When i open up my RAM Memory nothing really happens, I do have the RNG Helper provided by KAZO but I'm a bit lost.

Is it possible you could do a break down with screen shots doing a step by step on what to put where?

This is a lot to ask but I learn better by visual.

• Thanks 1