Which should I buy? NDS PHAT, NDSL or NDSi?

fenzo666

Which should I buy?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which should I buy?

• Nintendo DS Lite
    • Nintendo DSi
    • My Nintendo so PHAT!

Unless you have the brightness on really high

Yeah but who does that, i only do that if I'm near my charger, and the games just look really good on high brightness.

Do you realize you were saying Plat the whole time, at first i thought you were talking about Pokemon Platinum.:biggrin:

Yeah the DSi has a lot of cool dohickeys, and hotkeys, or shortcuts if you prefer, like making the hand held mute, changing the brightness, hot swappable, and you can enter everything without turning the DS off.

But the only thing stopping me from purchasing one, is the heavy price tag, it's about $399.00 here in NZ, that's actually the same price as the Nintendo Wii, while the Xbox 360 (Arcade) if i can remember correctly is $449.00, i think i can wait until the price drop.:grog:

Here I go again, another monster of a reply:

Yeah but who does that, i only do that if I'm near my charger, and the games just look really good on high brightness.

I always keep mine on the lowest setting. It is convinient being able to turn off the backlight when needed.

Do you realize you were saying Plat the whole time, at first i thought you were talking about Pokemon Platinum.:biggrin:

That is it's actual name, and it is colored platinum (or rather, silver, or grey)

Yeah the DSi has a lot of cool dohickeys, and hotkeys, or shortcuts if you prefer, like making the hand held mute, changing the brightness, hot swappable, and you can enter everything without turning the DS off.

Finnally, someone other than me who actually supports the DSi!

Well, that didn't turn out as bad as I planned.

That is it's actual name, and it is colored platinum (or rather, silver, or grey)

It actually came in two colors originally...

And technically the "actual," official name for the two colors are:

-Titanium

-Electric Blue

Australia also had:

-Mystic Pink

-Cosmic Blue

Japan's extra colors included:

-Graphite Black

-Pure White

-Turquoise Blue

-Candy Pink

For the record here, I 100% agree with Hottsushiz.

the DSLite is a far superior system to the original DS.

Look at the screens side by side and you'll never want an original.

Ok, I give in. That is one thing the system made of much cheaper material is superior at.

I'm assuming you don't own a DS Lite, and are trying to claim your console superior as a result of some manifestation of jealousy. Face it, nobody cares if the DS Lite is made of slightly cheaper material. Everybody I know who has owned both the DS Phat and the DS Lite say that the DS Lite is far superior. the DS Phat just doesn't hold a candle to it. The stylus placement is better, the actual stylus is better, it's not as bulky, far more portable (MUCH easier to just stick in your pocket), the button placement is slightly better, and the screens are WAY brighter. Please don't falsely advertise your system as better just because you don't have the newer version of it.

I'm assuming you don't own a DS Lite, and are trying to claim your console superior as a result of some manifestation of jealousy. Face it, nobody cares if the DS Lite is made of slightly cheaper material. Everybody I know who has owned both the DS Phat and the DS Lite say that the DS Lite is far superior. the DS Phat just doesn't hold a candle to it. The stylus placement is better, the actual stylus is better, it's not as bulky, far more portable (MUCH easier to just stick in your pocket), the button placement is slightly better, and the screens are WAY brighter. Please don't falsely advertise your system as better just because you don't have the newer version of it.

I have both.

The only real advantage of a DS lite is the brighter screen, and the size.

I swear Nintendo coats the styli in some form of chemical that makes it impossible not to chew.

I don't use the stylus slot because they don't stay in there because I bit the catch down, and wear and tear has made it smaller.

Oh and btw, that red font is just plain annoying.

=_= .. huh .. why everyone arguing something like that ...

i mean .. all of them are nintendo's product and they all can play DS-games ..

so, no need to fight ^^ .. after all we are nintendo fan-boy, isn't it? ^^ (if not then, you shouldn't be here xD .. this is nintendo's pokemon forum dammit xD)

@phototoxin

yeah the camera is hellish fun if they put more "MegaPixel" in it ^^ .. dammit ... it's only less than 1 MP i think =_= ...

and the game that utilize that feature is only WarioWare snapped (DSiWare) which is a half-ass game =_= ...

the gameplay itself is pretty funny but, why i can't save my picture from the game =_= .. the picture will got deleted if i close the lid or go back to DSiMenu ... so =_= it's quite worthless to download this game

I own a DS lite, but only because my original has bent pins for Slot 1, making it only capable of running ARDS (Pointless), and the thing that comes with MAX Media Dock. If I found a place I trusted to get an original, I would have. I knew [almost] everything about it before I got it.

[Edit]: I couldn't stand it, so I changed the font to something legible.

• 2 weeks later...
utilize that feature is only WarioWare snapped

Well i believe there is this DSiware game coming, or already out, that you move your DSi around, and take a photos of ghosts, and such, it sounds quite fun and scary, at the same time. :tongue:

Well if you have the paitence, then i suggest the M3 Zeroi, but if you don't possess paitence, (like me:biggrin:) i recommend the Acekard 2i, i choose that Flash Cart over the DSTTi, because....... erm....... i haven't really researched about the device yet.:redface:

Just to let you guys know, I bought a Nintendo DSi for about $87 USD. Got a 50% discount. :D My friend hooked me up. Brand new and black. It's pretty sweet. I'm deciding whether I should buy a DSTTi or a AK2i. Opinions? Any other good DSi flash carts out there?

I hear the AK2i is the best available, but some say that it bricks out after a while, and because the DSi's firmware is updateable, Nintendo can just release a mandandory update blocking it.

I hear the AK2i is the best available, but some say that it bricks out after a while, and because the DSi's firmware is updateable, Nintendo can just release a mandandory update blocking it.

The SuperCard Onei comes with a flashing device to flash the actual cart so that if Nintendo decides to release a new firmware blocking that cart, you can bypass it. Apparently the same thing is going to be released with the M3 Zeroi.

• 2 weeks later...