2 Pid finder suggestions (backend)

sdfghjklkjhgfds sdfghjiuy

1. could you have it when you hit search to run till either all pids are found that meat the requirements or the stop button is pressed instead of stopping on the 1st pid

2. i assume the search used a leaner search method to find the pid would it be to time consuming to have multiple cores/threads each handle a part of the search (most useful for shiny pid searches)

eg with quad core (assumed pids must be 9 digits long)

core 1 looks through pid 100000000-250000000

core 2 looks through pid 250000001-500000000

core 3 looks through pid 500000001-750000000

core 4 looks through pid 750000001-999999999

// i know the code looks nothing like this but i it supposed to be readable

PidSegment=max PID/number of cores

for(var i in cores){//i assume i will be 0 1st time

core[i+1] process 1*i to PidSegment*i

}

you can go through a list and pick the one you want that way (multiple choice)

this way i will not be settling on the 1st pid i find a few more seconds of processing could find a better pid for my pokemon

besides if everyone uses this app sooner or later there will the duplicate pids generating multiple pids to pick from would help reduce redundant ids

glad to hear you did not turn down the multi core processing :biggrin:

since we have the cores may as well use them

I only said the utilization of multiple cores could be done. I didn't say I'm going to. I can almost guarantee that I won't. I hate the PID finder and everything it represents. (Since it's sort of relevant, the PID finder already runs on a separate core from the main window as is necessary to provide visual updates during the search process without slowing it down.)

As for multiple results... I still don't see the point. If you want a more varied PID, change the IV parameters or any other parameters. That's what they're there for.

Edit: Bond697 has the ability to contribute to PokeGen's code. You can always try getting him to add the things you want, but good luck!

Edited by Codr