Discuss your GTS Activities

Neo

Randomspot555 edit: Apologies to NeoDraven for ruining his OP, but apparently people still aren't clear on this. DO NOT talk about offering hacks on the GTS for any reason whatsoever. Feel free to post if you get screwed over in a GTS trade and receive a hack, but don't post about intentionally trading a hack on the GTS.

Discuss your latest GTS activities and stories. You can tell each other what Pokemon you are trying to get. No talk of posting Hacks on the GTS except if you receive one.

Edited by randomspot555

I was originally part of a club over at the Serebii Forums where we intentionally asked for Pokes that were likely to be hacked so we could release or "destroy" them. It was fun for a while, but interest ultimately died down.

I've yet to use the GTS at all in Plat, but I'm going to get going on it soon when I get my Wii set up, so I have Ranch to transfer stuff to.

I've been using GTS as a means of recieving places from around the world on my map. Yay for Shiny Metagross in exchange for Bidoof! (I just had to mention it. I love those Metagross so much...so if you recieve one from a Michigan Okami, that'd be me! XDDD)

Anyways, I recieved a totally hacked Shiny Palkia on GTS through my Diamond a while back...wasn't a very legal hack, either...I believe it came from Victory Road? It was still awesome, and used to be my strongest pokemon until I learned how to make legitimatized (I meant legalized, whoops!) hacks :P

Edited by Okami

I've yet to use the GTS at all in Plat, but I'm going to get going on it soon when I get my Wii set up, so I have Ranch to transfer stuff to.

I sure hope the Platinum patch for Ranch has been released in the USA by then. The sooner the better, really.

That happened to me. I don't like it... only finding 3 results? @_@ It's hard to find a Pokemon out of the 3 you find you want.

Here's a tip: restrict your search results! Set the gender to male, set the level to 1-10, set the region to USA, and search. Then, try setting the gender to female. Set the level higher next. Keep iterating through the options... it's a pain, but if you can find a max of three per search, you are effectively increasing the number of total Pokémon you can view.

I find the GTS to be a bit more trouble than it's worth most of the time, but every so often I get the urge to go on and punish myself anyway. Having recently restarted my Platinum game, I am looking for starters and the general assortment of early Sinnoh Pokémon that I have seen.

Heck, I think seven is low too, considering half of the people on GTS ask for ubers.

But yeah, I used to trade a hell lot with gts before I found pokesav.

I got adamant 394 scizor plus modest 394 heatran. But most likely the pokemon I got were sav'd considering they have max sheen and pp's. >_>

The best one though was the tyranitar I got. It had great stats, and seemed trained instead of sav'd.

I also got a lot of hacked pokemon, considering they are in a master ball and met at lv. 100. The only bad thing about hacked pokemon(aside form the obvious hack job), is that it doesn't allow you to see your deposited pokemon more than once, if you have it in your game and didn't trade it away yet. >_>

Edited by randomspot555
Removed talk of trading hacks

Oh, yeah. I forgot about that. I used that technique once... just to see if my Pokemon passed the GTS hack-check thing.

I wouldn't offer a Bidoof, though... unless it had some high level or something. Even after you narrow it down to a specific level, country, and gender, they might not show up in searches. Too many people offer them.

That happened to me.

That had to suck. I actually haven't used the GTS in some time now. The last time I actually used it, I was looking for a Lugia, and somebody wanted an Abra, which I actually had, but it wouldn't let me make the trade. I think it was cause I had another pokemon in the GTS, which I don't remember what it was.

I have been obsessed with GTS trading now.

Because of that I was able to snag 100% legit/legal pokemons.

Shiny Cresselia from the Bahamas

Channel Jirachi

Giratina Lv70 turnback cave

Birth Island Deoxys

Japanese Wormadam

All that just by trading a Legit Shiny Deoxys.

However, I was also scammed and recieved a hacked Jirachi and Vespiquen. :mad:

I kept the Vespiquen and traded away the Jirachi and recieved the Channel one.

I originally wanted the WISHMKR. There were tons on the GTS but whenever I came back with the pokemon the person wanted they were gone just in a snap:eek:

But im happeh i got my Channel one :smile:

Trying to snag events off the GTS is pretty fun.

I've gotten these from the GTS:

Mitsurin Celebi

10ANNIV Articuno

Shokotan Tropius

PKMN Ranch Pikachu

WISHMKR, Tanabata 05,06, 07, Negal Boshi Jirachi

Saikyou Milotic, Electivire, Dragonite

TRU Dragonite

The GTS is quite the place, eh?

I used to GTS almost ever day before getting my flashcart and pokesav. I still think wifi trading is probably the best addition to a pokemon game ever but I just don't have much use for it now. I did try to get the GTS pokemon from Japan this spring but I wasn't able to. It would be cool if they did another event like that again soon.