Trade Evolution work around?

Mimenine

I'm unable to trade and have a few (just 2) pokemon that are trade only evolutions. Is there any way to force evolution?

I don't really want to just change the pokemon completely in pokesav because I don't think it will register in the dex then.

I looked into hacked roms (they fix trade evolutions) but they alter way to many other things. They also sound like they can be quite iffy if you know what I mean >_> . Hate to clock up 50+ hours and have it break.

Anydangway, that's the question. I hope someone can offer a suggestion as to how to get around not trading to evolve.

Shouldn't there be a "traded" option in pokesav? Don't traded pokemon level faster?

Many thanks already projectpokemon. Awesome site.

~~~Edit 1 ~~~

After looking for a solution for a few hours, I found here that there are evolution editors for Diamond and Pearl but not for Platinum (something about offsets being different whatever that means).

So I searched for a "Evolution Editor" for Platinum and found a few posts in various forums about people asking for one or asking whether one exists. I also found a few were they said they were in the process of making one and would be finished in 2 weeks. Well May is nearly gone and I had no luck finding one.

I tried the Hex editing thing first to great failure. Don't know how nor understand how to do that. Followed a tutorial but nothing it said matched what I had.

Guess we'll just have to be patient. :bidoof:

~~~~Edit 2~~~~

If you really wanted to get around the trade evolutions for Platinum, you could play one of the other 2 (Pearl, Diamond) with your rom edited with the D/P Evolution Editor. Then use pokesav to save a .pkm file of an evolved pokemon and transfer it to your Platinum game. I think you'd have to edit some trainer values though so it can be controlled? Let's call that the "PITA Method 1".

Edited by Mimenine

I think you'd have to edit some trainer values though so it can be controlled?

This is a pretty common misconception... the game doesn't mark or flag Pokémon as "traded". It simply does a comparison between the Trainer ID, Secret ID, OT name, and OT gender (possibly also the original language) of both the save file and the Pokémon to see if it is traded. That's when all that other stuff comes up.

If you evolve your Pokémon in the altered ROM and Pokesav it to your unaltered ROM (where the Pokémon came from), the information for the Pokémon's origins should remain intact, so you would not need to do anything further.

Placing a pokemon on GTS and taking it off apparently evolves it.

Source: Greencat :P

Lemme add more info to that.

Place a pokemon into GTS, make it like a ridiculous trade. like trade _____ for lvl 9 and under dialga

Go look for a random pokemon to trade in GTS

After you finish trading, take out your deposited pokemon and it will start to evole

Placing a pokemon on GTS and taking it off apparently evolves it.

Source: Greencat :P

nice info ... :) ...

so i can evolve my pokemon without using pokesav .. nice nice .. very nice indeed xD

thx a million , dude :)

Oh some people responded.

To add further, I get around the pokedex entry problem by just putting 2 of the evolved pokemon in storage (pokesav) and putting one in an egg. That was in the basic guide though :P.

Thanks for clearing some other things up for me C-Monkey.