Metroid Movie: Your Choice to Play Samus Aran

codemonkey85

Just so you know, it is impossible to keep me away from this thread ;)

Who is to say that the movie won't be animated? I would prefer it.

Angelina Jolie would be a good Samus, but I do not want to hear "Look it's Lara Croft in Metroid", as I would go insane (I mean this. I am a die hard metroid fan.)

Milla Jovovich would go pretty well in a Metroid film, but still, I would prefer animation.

I wanted to point out, that my suggestion was going to be "What about that chick from Tomb Raider?"

Just so you know, it is impossible to keep me away from this thread ;)

Who is to say that the movie won't be animated? I would prefer it.

Angelina Jolie would be a good Samus, but I do not want to hear "Look it's Lara Croft in Metroid", as I would go insane (I mean this. I am a die hard metroid fan.)

Milla Jovovich would go pretty well in a Metroid film, but still, I would prefer animation.

SWINE! Runrun away! *hides*

Hah, yeah, animation would deff. be the best bet...then what of VAs?

Agreed... Either animation or I propose CQ, because that's how we love her... (You ever hear of an in-game Metroid cutscene done anime-style?.. I mean, hell, even in Brawl, she's rendered... *looks at pic above*)

I honestly couldn't tell you anything about voice acting... So I'm completely dumbfounded there...

Well she is 6'3, so It is very likely that she's just tall, toned and well proportioned. Since she was infused with Chozo blood! :D
I never knew she was 198 lbs. That's pretty intense.

She sure doesn't look like it in any of the official artwork though.

Maybe that's due to an extremely (obviously inhuman) bone density and tissue mass?..

Lol... I still go with Kate Beckinsale or Milla Jovovich.

Milla is tiny, but if you go watch all three Resident Evil movies, dear lord, she should be the mascot for Left 4 Dead.

Kate is just awesome, I adored her in Underworld. And Van Helsing. She, like Milla, plays more strong, independent roles, which would be perfect for Samus.

Samus will be undersized, face it, it's Hollywood. At least go for a girl who can hold her own. I honestly don't know any buff actresses, unless they animate it. Then it can be truer to the original, but honestly, animated movies don't have that "movie" feel. That's just me, though. :/

IF, AND ONLY IF, THEY TRULY NEEDED TO GO LIVE-ACTION, then yes, I could see either of them in the part... Although the voice would be a tad un-Samus, so to speak, but I'd get over it if they did it as well (BETTER!!!) than Underworld or the Resident Evils...

(Off-Topic: Anyone see the new one yet? My dad and I really want to go see it... the theatre here was just sold and redone... They actually have a 3D screen [small town here] and we both heard "Resident Evil in 3D" and immediately $*** our pants...)

Well, I trust you guys have played Metroid games.

As you know, she never talks in Metroid, Metroid II, Super Metroid, Zero Mission. Fusion is run by an internal monologue and commands from her ship's computer, Prime 1 is narrated by Samus's interactions with computers and ancient civilization, Prime 2 the sage talks to her, Prime 3 people talk to her. But she never really SPEAKS, herself.

... That is, until Other M.

Now, the voice acting of most of the characters in Other M is pretty surprisingly good. However... I always seem to cringe whenever it cuts to those terrible Samus internal monologues. ESPECIALLY when she mentions the "baayybee." Whoever did the voice acting here is obviously trying too hard to be dark and brooding. Team Ninja's overly dramatic writing doesn't help the situation much, either.

Voice acting aside, Other M is a freaking awesome game.

Which brings me to my point: Samus should just be left in a non-speaking role. Get a chick that resembles her, then leave it at that. Don't let her talk, other than grunts.

And as for the movie itself... well, Stan Winston isn't around anymore to do it right (see Iron Man) with animatronics and CG mixture, so it would have to be purely CG. And since so few studios these days seem so incapable of using CG special effects in a liveaction movie without it looking awkwardly hilarious (see any Spider-man movie for prime example), they really aught to do the whole movie as CG anyway. :/

Jessica Simpson xD

I don't know, I think she would be the perfect actress for Samus.

(If you'd read above, you'd know that) The actress needs to be able to do stunts if it were live action... Just a face isn't going to cut it...

well that can't make the movie because samas is so thin that no human today could come close to being like that unless they set a bad BAD example for girls everywhere and start the bulimia and (no one where you don't eat at all) stuff all over agin

I don't know about where you are, but here, I can hear some hurling in the bathrooms after lunch... (Through the walls... It's that loud...) It's never gone away...