What Type of Trainer Are You?

wraith89

What Type of Trainer Are You? (Select the one which describes you the BEST)  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What Type of Trainer Are You? (Select the one which describes you the BEST)

• Just Another Trainer
    • Rare Hunter
    • Ace Trainer
    • Extremist Smogonite
    • Saikyo
    • Dan Hibiki
    • Everstonite
    • The Oddball
    • The Noblesse
    • Extreme Old Schooler
    • Shiny Hunter
    • Snobby Newcomer
    • Islander
    • Brawler
    • H4xx0r
    • Other (please explain)

I'm just bored as usual, but I'm wondering what kind of a trainer you are. Rather, which description fits you the best? Choose an option and explain why.

[icon]025[/icon]Just Another Trainer

You acknowledge the existence of every Pokemon and therefore have no reservations of using most, if not all, Pokemon. You believe every Pokemon has potential and want to catch 'em all! It's not just about power. Your egalitarian views do not hinder you from bias of using the overlooked ones like Lickitung or something. Pokemon have feelings; they're not just hex data you know!

[icon]185[/icon]Rare Hunter

You are seeking rare children's trading cards You only like to use rare Pokemon because they are not seen often. You don't care if you win or lose in a battle; you just like the rare ones because they're so special to you.

[icon]212[/icon]Ace Trainer

You like using only powerful Pokemon to be the very best. You either completely ignore weak Pokemon or try to train weaker Pokemon to be more powerful, though you normally end up just using the more powerful ones. Intense training is frequent.

[icon]109[/icon]Extremist Smogonite

You adhere to the Church of Smogon, therefore you follow Code Smogon. There are two types of extremists; ones who use OU only because anything below OU is absolutely garbage, and those who use UU only because if you use OU you're just like everybody else. Don't know what OU/UU means? You're not one of these guys then. For OU-ists; Pokemon are just math and data bytes; they're nothing special; only the powerful ones win. UU-ists just don't wanna be like the OU guys so they dissociate for the sake of dissociation.

[icon]150[/icon]Saikyo

You like only using legendary Pokemon because they're just too awesome. Everything else are weaksauce.

[icon]129[/icon]Dan Hibiki

You think Magikarp is the most powerful Pokemon in the world, and therefore that is all you use. You hope one day they will recognise your endeavours and be acknowledged as the #1 trainer of all time! You might also think Feebas is the most beautiful Pokemon in the world! Actually, this applies to people who only use one Pokemon and stick to that one Pokemon because they believe it is the best Pokemon in the world, no matter what the odds are.

[icon]300[/icon]Everstonites

You only like using cute Pokemon and don't care if they win or lose in a battle. In fact, evolving Pokemon makes them ugly; why do it? Some have gone far to become Infante Fatale; winning battles with deceptively powerful baby Pokemon!

[icon]124[/icon]The Oddball

You like using weird or obscure Pokemon to win your battles. Why? It throws your opponents off obviously! In extreme cases, they are using unorthodox sets on commonly seen Pokemon, such as a Blastoise with Water Spout. Sometimes you use subpar Pokemon such as Fearow or Pidgeot!

[icon]282[/icon]The Noblesse

You only like using Pokemon of elegant quality in terms of aesthetics, such as Empoleon or Gardevoir. You're born a noble, so you should put up that image to whoever you're around and avoid using ragtag Pokemon like Rattata or Zubat. In extreme cases, they are extremely picky and do not even acknowledge the existence of commoner Pokemon.

[icon]006[/icon]Extreme Old Schoolers

Basically, you think only Pokemon 1-151 (or 1-251) exist. You refuse to acknowledge anything past those numbers and therefore think a certain llama Pokemon is non-existent. Who the heck is Unova anyways? The less extreme versions also acknowledge new Pokemon that are related to the old ones, such as Tangrowth or Rhyperior.

[icon]130[/icon]Shiny Hunters

Shiny! That's all you want to do; your Pokemon must ABSOLUTELY be shiny or else it isn't going in your team. Since that's difficult, you probably have like 1 or 2... or just waiting until you have something to accompany that red Gyarados of yours. But all your gears are ready; you have your Pokeradar and gonna chain a few Pokes-ewww! A stupid Bidoof ruined my chain! >:/

497MS.pngSnobby Newcomers

You have grown up in the region of Unova; Pikachu does NOT exist! All you know or have grown up with are Pokemon like Haxorus or Liepard. Some people are also the polar opposite of the Old Timers; they only acknowledge 252-649. Face it, you are better than those old losers; they're not strong enough to compete with your shiny new Excadrill!

[icon]254[/icon]Islanders

You have grown up in Hoenn; you only acknowledge the existence of 1-202... in Hoenn Dex! One of the rarer types of trainer.

[icon]448[/icon]Brawler

Forget this turn based bollocks! I wanna rack up %-age and knock my foes out of the field and slowly remove their stocks! That's what I call a game!

[icon]442[/icon]H4xx0r

You realise you're no good at this, so why not take the easy way out? H41 d00d, m33t mah fw3nd W0ND3ht0mb!!!111! U mad breh?

Other

If you're not one of these guys, please explain. Please suggest more types because I'm sure these can't be the ONLY types of trainers there are.

I was gonna say Extreme Old Schooler, but I realised I actually do acknowledge the existence of the new Pokemon; I'm just not fond of them. I'm a semi-noblesse because I like all the beautiful looking Pokemon and try to fit my team into a theme of royals or something like that. Notice how I usually tend to use a Ninetales and an Empoleon or something. I'm also some sort of oddball because I use weird sets or something too. What's yours?

Edited by wraith89

Hehe, you have to be bored more often, Wraith! Only in this way there are some funny topics created at PP. And I like those polls, too. :) Let's see what I have to say about it...

[icon]300[/icon]Everstonites

You only like using cute Pokemon and don't care if they win or lose in a battle. In fact, evolving Pokemon makes them ugly; why do it? Some have gone far to become Infante Fatale; winning battles with deceptively powerful baby Pokemon!

[icon]282[/icon]The Noblesse

You only like using Pokemon of elegant quality in terms of aesthetics, such as Empoleon or Gardevoir. You're born a noble, so you should put up that image to whoever you're around and avoid using ragtag Pokemon like Rattata or Zubat. In extreme cases, they are extremely picky and do not even acknowledge the existence of commoner Pokemon.

Other

If you're not one of these guys, please explain.

I was gonna say Extreme Old Schooler, but I realised I actually do acknowledge the existence of the new Pokemon; I'm just not fond of them. I'm a semi-noblesse because I like all the beautiful looking Pokemon and try to fit my team into a theme of royals or something like that. Notice how I usually tend to use a Ninetales and an Empoleon or something. I'm also some sort of oddball because I use weird sets or something too. What's yours?

I just quoted a random compilation of the types of Trainers and some additional writing which are applicable to me, I think. Firstly, I am definitely an Everstonite, because I am always running out of Everstones in my game (recently, I had to dig them up in the underground of Sinnoh!). Actually, I really detest the 'real babypokémon' like Pichu, Igglybuff, Azurill and the such, but I am very fond of the first stages of evolutionary chains. So yeah, I cannot deny I am not picking cute, little Pokémon. :) Secondly, to define why I somehow belong to the 'Others' group and to explain why I think 'Noblesse' would also be right to choose: I am primarily focussed on aesthetic values of Pokémon. This expresses itself mainly in choosing Pokémon I like, which are mostly those little creatures and some elegantly looking Gardevoir things - very subjective of course. But in this way, the two groups overlap each other. What does not really fit, is that I am not really a noble type, and besides, it would conflict with my love for some 'ordinary' Pokémon like Zigzagoon or something. So if I would be more accurate, I would say I belong somewhere in a grey area between those Everstonites and Noblesses.

And why I quoted you Wraith, was because I somehow thought the same about the group 'Islanders', but there always are some Pokémon outside of the selected group who I cannot exclude (like some Sinnoh Pokémon). Aside from some specific Sinnoh Pokémon I like, I am not really a Gen IV (and totally not a) Gen V enthusiast.

I do not know with option I should vote for the poll, though, so I still have to think about it! But it is a nice poll you made. :)

Eh I knew no one would perfectly fit the description, so I wrote "choose the one which fits you the best". I had a hard time between Oddball or Noblesse... but I just picked Noblesse in the end because that's the direction I tend to be going nowadays, even if I have a lot of Oddball in me.

If all else fails just pick OTHERS.

Eh I knew no one would perfectly fit the description, so I wrote "choose the one which fits you the best". I had a hard time between Oddball or Noblesse... but I just picked Noblesse in the end because that's the direction I tend to be going nowadays, even if I have a lot of Oddball in me.

If all else fails just pick OTHERS.

Yeah, I did not expect to fit perfectly in your descriptions, but still I have to choose in some way between them! I do not really know which aspect of the description is more accurate for me, so that is why I wrote a long story about it. Noblesse includes the aesthetic vision more, but Everstonite is just more than true as a result from that emphasis on aesthetics... but those aesthetics work something different for me, as you can read. And I want to choose one of them, because when everyone sticks with 'Others' (because nothing really fits, as you stated yourself) it results in a boring poll result in which 90% chose 'Others' or something. :\

[icon]212[/icon]Ace Trainer

You like using only powerful Pokemon to be the very best. You either completely ignore weak Pokemon or try to train weaker Pokemon to be more powerful, though you normally end up just using the more powerful ones. Intense training is frequent.

I would also say "H4xx0r" but I am really good at Pokémon and I never need to rely on max stat codes or any codes that ruin the fun. I'd normally just use the "fun" codes (Walk through walls after beating the game, or when I don't want any Pokémon on my team learning strength, cut, etc., fast text, and a few codes I made/will make for certain Pokémon games that will/will not be public).

Heh, I never hack in battle. I once had a bad encounter over WiFi with someone who used an online code that reduced all my Pokémon PP to 0 forcing me to use "struggle." I eventually got annoyed and ended up powering off so that's a reason why I'm sort of anti-hacking during online battles.

Edited by Demonic722

Wow that's a monster. And that's no fun either. Who in the world would do that? Well... that is, unless they were trying to feel better by winning. But you know if you're being a lousy hacker you're not worth much. Oh well... it's certainly unfair to the person who has no such advantages, so people in general would look down on it.

But hey look on the bright side; nothing is immune to Struggle! :|

• 4 weeks later...

Lol accidentally voted before I... well, read... I suck... And I shouldn't be here! GASP

but outta curiosity

Other: Quirky

I choose most, if not all, pokemon based on looks, preferably the ones that are supposed to be more fierce or "quirky", some examples being Kabutops and Durant. I tend to like pokemon that are a tad bit more brutal as opposed to complete softies like Togekiss. Kabutops is mean. I don't use a pokemon simply because it fits the bill.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Basically, I'm one of the others

I'm a

503.pngStagnant Water

You keep on choosing water starters NO MATTER WHAT. You keep on thinking that water-types wash out every enemy. Apparently, stagnant waters just stay in one position and stay there --- " Hey I'd like to get a Magikarp with Surf, Hydro Cannon, Waterfall and Dive please."

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...