Starters in Sinnoh: Which one to choose

pokemonfan

Which one did you choose? Did you base off of this guide?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which one did you choose? Did you base off of this guide?

• Piplup: based off of guide
    • Turtwig: based off of guide
    • Chimchar: based off of guide
    • Piplup: not based off of guide
    • Turtwig: not based off of guide
    • Chimchar: not based off of guide

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, Piplup sucks.

You keep talking about how Infernape's Fighting Type doesn't cover it's water weakness, but you have to think of it the same way as well.

Empoleon's steel-type doesn't prove helpful to Empoleon at all either. It gives it in additional weakness to Fighting-type attacks, and also removes it's resistance to Fire-type attacks.

And this wasn't mentioned, but the Fighting subtype's weakness to Psychic types is also easily covered by the fact that Infernape can learn U-Turn via TM.

lol, cute thread you got there.

I may have been arguing in favor of Chimchar, but I normally choose Piplup myself.

Although I still believe that Piplup's Steel subtype ruins the Type Triangle for starters (Fire>Grass>Water>Fire)

pokemonfan, just because you think you are right, does not mean you are.

Results can change.

We are arguing so if someone doesn't know what starter to choose, they can weigh out the Pro's and Con's of each of the starters and decide from that.

I think we have quite covered that though. Great points by enkidu, you, me and several others have brought this into a very informational thread. The problem is that the information is scattered about so why not end the argument now so that someone can collect the information and put it into a useful, organized, well flowing guide! Click here to help stop the debate!

Additionally, I know I'm not always right I just think I make good points like many others.

but I chose Turtwig because Grotle reminds me of Spike from those Land Before Time movies I used to watch when younger.

I think it ended up being a good choice.

Ah brings back memories, i also thought that too, but i didn't think anyone watched it, so i didn't bring it up.

You don't really need any form of strategy to defeat the in-game trainers, just a high leveled Pokemon, and some neutral, or super effective moves, and you've won.

Ah brings back memories, i also thought that too, but i didn't think anyone watched it, so i didn't bring it up.

You don't really need any form of strategy to defeat the in-game trainers, just a high leveled Pokemon, and some neutral, or super effective moves, and you've won.

I watched it :P

For all games, you can get any starter to level 100, and it doesn't matter who you face in game, you will win.

Oh, I miss interpreted that. I thought by when he/she said that he/she had their hand slip up with the mouse and vote for piplup I thought...Darn, he/she really doesn't support piplup. Now I realize that he/she liked piplup because of evolutions and would have chosen it with or without the guide. That was my first initial interpretation.

Plus for the reading part of your post: I can read but you dont know my age and my skill level in the arts of such skills as reading and writing. For all you know I could be 9 years old or maybe I'm older then you. You don't know! So I dont believe that it is fair of you to ask such a thing...mostly because it is quite obvious that I can read!

Oh, I miss interpreted that. I thought by when he/she said that he/she had their hand slip up with the mouse and vote for piplup I thought...Darn, he/she really doesn't support piplup. Now I realize that he/she liked piplup because of evolutions and would have chosen it with or without the guide. That was my first initial interpretation.

Plus for the reading part of your post: I can read but you dont know my age and my skill level in the arts of such skills as reading and writing. For all you know I could be 9 years old or maybe I'm older then you. You don't know! So I dont believe that it is fair of you to ask such a thing...mostly because it is quite obvious that I can read!

It was a joke.

I know you can read.

But I was simply using a rhetorical question to point out that you didn't read his post correctly.

Go do some research on Persuasive Techniques ;)

Anyway, W00T more piplup votes.