Hoenn: Cooler than you think

Guested

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Feebas even ended up at the museum in Lilycove. I have NO idea how to do that now though.

As for Mewtwo blowing up contests... o_O

Mewtwo isn't even around Hoenn! Let alone be owned by a trainer (although in the manga, Mewtwo and Blaine are one... somehow. He was later under the care of Yellow [a girl representing Yellow version] but she never let him out of his Master Ball).

I think that Hoenn had a lot of cool pokemon, like salamence and flygon, and the places were better than the ones D/P have. Platinum has the whole battle frontier with more pokemon, but I think that Emerald is better.

Hoenn region was awesome, Hoenn Pokémon were not all that great.

The Regi's were a letdown. None of them were any good ingame or competitively.

Still though, a lot of the pokemon were really fun. Salamence was great. The Lati twins were excellent! Don't forget Groudon and Kyogre.

Metagross is still widely used today. Gardevoir's pretty awesome. Swellow with Flame/Toxic Orb can wreck stuff too. Hoenn was filled with cool Pokes.

Regice was good in Gen III though but was STILL outclassed by Blissey. But he was good while FR/LG didn't exist.

Well, I'm kind of an offensive freak. My dad is super impatient, and apparently he passed down that impatience to me, which really annoys me.

In any case, I don't like using defensive pokemon ingame. These days, for ingame purposes I walk around with two HM slaves, Deoxys-A and my false swiper (scizor).

But the Regi trio makes good additions to a team. With a strong attacker, special attacker, and defensive what can go wrong?

Stealth Rock tells Regice GG. Banded Stone Edges and stuff like that are everywhere. Poor Regice hates the new metagame.

Registeel is ineffective really, even if the concept sounds cool.

Regirock is the best of the trio now but even he can fall.

The concept of the Regis is IMO awesome tough. I was fascinated of how unexpected and different they were.

In Johto the trio ran away and you had to chase them down. This time they just sit still, but you need too check Braille and solve puzzles to get them. =O

I loved all those "hidden" caves for some reason.

• 1 month later...

I started playing Pokemon when it came out in The U.S. with Pokemon Blue. Since then, I have purchased at least one of every subsequent Generation of Pokemon games and in my honest opinion, Hoenn was not only the worst region, but the region featured in the worst trio of games. To me, there is absolutely nothing memorable about Pokemon R/S/E. The legendaries aren't even impressive. A big whale? Lame. Sinnoh isn't any good either, but at least with the newer generations they arent destroying the good name of the Great first two regions with the horrible storylines of the latest two. So, i suppose it's overall a good thing that Hoenn and Sinnoh exists. They exist to preserve the integrity of the first two regions.

Well, to be perfectly honest, I didn't like the region too much. Water has always been annoying, at least to me, due to slower-than-bike travel and constant random encounters. =| Though, 3rd gen introduced two of my top favorite Pokemon, so that's more what I pay attention to when I think about it.

Hoenn was amazing. I first got interested by my cousin, which I think played either LG or FR. I especially loved the water travel, the best parts of the game happened near water. So many different climates, weather changes, and exotic ways to get Pokemon. Examples:

- Wailord, Relicanth, TM & HM Usage all to get the Regis. It would be impossible to figure out by yourself.

- Sky Pillar Biking - It took me a while to get past that...Raquaza!

- Caverns - Kyogre and Groudon randomly appeared in areas, opening a special place and the weather changed with them :D

- Faraway Island Hide and Seek - How can you not like hide and seek? With Mew?!

- Navel Rock - Ho-Oh and Lugia were fun to find in Navel Rock. Up and Down a bunch of times :P

- Birth Island - Even though this was in previous games (I think...) a triangle puzzle was really unexpected and odd

The Pokemon looked awesome too :D

Hoenn is my favorite region, believe it or not. I love the pokemon and the locations, plus I prefer the Groudon / Kyogre storyline to the Dialga / Palkia one. Competetively speaking, it introduced natures, abilities, berries, etc. I love it.

I'm very grateful for the introduction of Mudkip.

To me, Hoenn always felt like the worst region in my mind, but I can't procure a reason to back up my beliefs. I guess, like Floot said, it was very different from the previous generation, and it felt odd. The added features in R/S/E were a very nice touch to the game, however, and it was probably the most revolutionizing series in the game, from the introduction of abilities to the new berry system to the creation of the Battle Frontier.

Sit down kiddies, and let yer ol' uncle red tell ya'll 'bout his opinionies.

Back when I was still a young lad, I played the silver ball (whoops, wrong story)

Back when I was still a youngsta, I had some rich neighbors. For my birthday, they got me that newfangled gba and a copy of dat pokemon red. I played dat t'in dry, and then I got good ol' Gold. Gold's graphics were untouchable by any game any of us had back then. And then Ruby/Sapphire came out.

I hated Ruby. The graphics were unbeatable, and I lost my breath looking at them, but it didn't feel right. I later sold that thang. 3 years later, off of a pokemon addiction, I got dat newfangled Emerald game the younger kiddos were talkin' 'bout. And I fell in love. The font ain't an eyesore. The places are memorable. The Battle Frontier was the hippiest thing around!

And that, kiddos, is the story of my acceptance of 3rd gen pokemon. Now get offa mah lawn whippasnappas!

So is this thread attempting to change people's perspective of Hoenn? I'm pretty sure everyone who disliked/hated Hoenn, knew everything about it, like sometimes the ones you hate, are the ones you feel close to.

I only dislike Hoenn because of some of the design of the Pokemon, there are a handful of Pokemon i actually like in the vast amount in Hoenn.

Music? in every Pokemon game, i always turn of the music, it's always so similar from the bike riding, to the boss battles ,they just have been remixed, or some unique ones are actually new, the music in Pokemon games feels repetitive, and annoying.