Pokegen keeps ruining my pokemon I send to my DS

Hitmonle Rulezz

I know it's not PokeGens fault. I'm just wondering what happened. I did the same thing I did before and it worked perfectly. Now for some reason it just does something wrong with it. And I'm using www.pokegts.us/distro.php. Is that the wrong site?

... if you know it's not PokeGen's fault, then why is the title of the thread "Pokegen keeps ruining my pokemon I send to my DS"?

To narrow the issue, have you tried using Pokecheck.org? You're sure you're using the correct generation of distribution?

You know what, I just figured out now it is. Because I wanted to test something. I created a pokemon, saved it to my computer, loaded that file back up to pokegen, and every time it would be missing it's ability and one or two of it's moves. Maybe it's just my computer. I don't know but until I figure it out I'm using the pokemon selector.

Are you editing a Pokémon from a fourth gen game? What might be happening is, when you create a .pkm file using PokéGen, it's automatically in Black/White mode, so it writes the code for the .pkm for use in Black/White. If you then open up a fourth gen ROM, PokéGen automatically goes into the right mode for that ROM, and when you load up the .pkm into it, because of the way that each game reads .pkm files, the Pokémon will turn out distorted and false.

If this isn't your problem, then if the problem is purely to do with abilities, it could be to do with missing hex values. If you're giving a Pokémon a Dream World ability then on the OT/Misc tab, you need to add an extra byte to the 66 option (0x42). Just put a 1 into the box next to it and that will add the extra byte required for a Pokémon with a Dream World ability. I'm not guaranteeing that this will be the problem because I've personally never had any problems with PokéGen when giving Dream World abilities and NOT adding the extra byte.

Hope one of these is the solution to your problem, but if not, feel free to PM me and I'm sure we can figure out what's going wrong through trial and error.