Event Gallery Error Reporting

Guested

Hi ! I noticed that French Gen VI Spring 2014 Magmar doesn't have any attack

PRINT. 2014 Magmar has moves but the date (48.04.2014) is invalid. WC6 Editor doesn't handle the error correctly and for some reason won't show moves, met location and the correct level.

But you are right, the wondercard is edited or hacked, so it should be moved into the uncertain folder.

EDIT: I checked all the other dates. It's just this Magmar that has it invalid.

Edited by BlackShark

• 8 months later...

A year ago a reported this error in the C-Gear Skin Gallery which was never fixed.

This just came up to my mind. I'm not sure if this is already taken into account, but I thought I could bring it back up to attention now that the Event Gallery is beeing renewed.

On 17.11.2015 at 5:38 PM, BlackShark said:

The Twinkle Mincinno CGear Skin is broken. The pixel column which should be on the right is attached on the left.

Importing bmp files via PokeCGear causes this.

Well here's the proper one. Downloaded from the PGL about 2 years ago.

Twinkle Mincinno.zip

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlackShark said:

A year ago a reported this error in the C-Gear Skin Gallery which was never fixed.

This just came up to my mind. I'm not sure if this is already taken into account, but I thought I could bring it back up to attention now that the Event Gallery is beeing renewed.

I'll import this once I get to the Cgears

• Like 1

@evandixon

On 19.12.2016 at 10:34 PM, BlackShark said:

On 17.11.2015 at 5:38 PM, BlackShark said:

The Twinkle Mincinno CGear Skin is broken. The pixel column which should be on the right is attached on the left.

Importing bmp files via PokeCGear causes this.

Well here's the proper one. Downloaded from the PGL about 2 years ago.

Twinkle Mincinno.zip

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, evandixon said:

When I open the current one in PKHeX, it looks fine, but the one you attached looks like this:

Untitled.png

I haven't tested either in-game.

This happens with all the Skins that originate from BW. Those that were from B2W2 display fine on PKHeX, so I guess it's a bug. In Pokegen it's working as intended.

My file was extracted via Pokegen and it is a 1:1 copy of the data that was downloaded into the save file. The current one in the gallery was converted from an image into cgb format with PokeCGear or PokeSkinED, doing that creates a format that works but is different from the official data. Also the far right pixel column is moved to the left for some reason.

23 minutes ago, BlackShark said:

This happens with all the Skins that originate from BW. Those that were from B2W2 display fine on PKHeX, so I guess it's a bug. In Pokegen it's working as intended.

My file was extracted via Pokegen and it is a 1:1 copy of the data that was downloaded into the save file. The current one in the gallery was converted from an image into cgb format with PokeCGear or PokeSkinED, doing that creates a format that works but is different from the official data. Also the far right pixel column is moved to the left for some reason.

Given what you're saying, BW Munna may also not be original, as Munna opens in PKHeX just fine.

8 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Given what you're saying, BW Munna may also not be original, as Munna opens in PKHeX just fine.

I'm not sure why Munna opens in PKHeX while the others won't. But Muna looks fine to me.

There are actually 2 things that could indicate none-original skins.

If you open the skin in PokeGen you will notice an area above the actual skin that looks like transparency (or the skin is just smaller?). Every BW skin looks like this. If you convert from an image to cgb this area won't be there and is filled with the color of the actual skins background.

aZYpWHb.png

And here is Mincinno. On the left the proper one and on the right the current one from the gallery.

OtajpGm.png

The other thing is, that the pixel column from the very right side is moved to the very left and 1 pixel up. You can see that if you zoom in and compare the two edges at the bottom.

d7dgvg3.png

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

So, does the gallery currently hold original data? I think it would be somewhat important to make sure all original data is in preserved, but I did not play any of the games at the time so it's not like I can contribute. I did download all what was uploaded to the old gallery, but for what I've read some of those might be "wrong" too.

3 hours ago, suloku said:

So, does the gallery currently hold original data? I think it would be somewhat important to make sure all original data is in preserved, but I did not play any of the games at the time so it's not like I can contribute. I did download all what was uploaded to the old gallery, but for what I've read some of those might be "wrong" too.

I guess you are asking only for the skins?

They should hold original data. Except that Mincinno skin for the reasons I have explained above. You should use PokeGen for importing/exporting skins as it can do this correctly, PKHeX seems to have some problems (?) but the feature is still WIP there and PokeCGear might result in corrupted data.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This seems like the correct place to post this. 

The event gallery has a TON of events contributed by myself, to Insane Nutters project. I'd like credit. You have no idea how much work went into obtaining these unless you did it yourself.

Mitsuruni Celebi: Found on a Fire Red save on Ebay. Given to my by a friend, I shared it publicly. 

Colosseum E-reader Pokemon: I bought the Colosseum E-reader cards and took a HUGE dent to my wallet. I had all/most of the other hardware already. I spend many hours battling to catch these mons. 

XD: Mt. Battle Johto starters. I beat Mt.Battle In XD: 3 separate times for these. 

Pokemon Box Eggs: (Especially Pichu.) I spent many hours obtaining enough Pokemon to fill Pokemon Box to get my original Pichu back in 2012.

PCNY & Rocks Metang: I didn't originally obtain these but I discovered them online in saves overlooked by other people. At least give me a mention. 

Un-posted, maybe there's plans. 

Toys R Us mons: I haven't seen these but I discovered the Gengar, Tauros and Ninetales online. 

English: COLOS Pikachu and AGATE Celebi. Spent a lot of money, time and effort to get these. Go look for another publicly available set, along with most of these others. 

I have plans to get the E-reader Pokemon in the 4 remaining languages. Spanish, German, Italian and French. I have a PAL Colosseum copy, I just need to mess around a bit with saves to find out if there's a faster way to do this. IF there's interest and credit involved, I'd be happy to contribute those to the event gallery as well. 

@HaxAras I sent you a PM regarding this!

We'll resolve it over PM, and I'll update the links as discussed in the PMs, thanks!

edit:
I just saw the comments in some of the links.
I normally don't get notified for comments in the Event Gallery, so it's easy to miss them ><

For now I'll credit you in the ones that were commented on ;P

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Hey, there was this shiny mew mystery gift in Gen 2 but when I attempted to load it into PkHex it says, "Unable to match to the Mystery gift database" and "Fateful Encounter should not be checked" which means it doesn't recognize it as a mystery gift. Could someone please help me? Link for the mystery gift is here:

15 minutes ago, MohakB said:

Hey, there was this shiny mew mystery gift in Gen 2 but when I attempted to load it into PkHex it says, "Unable to match to the Mystery gift database" and "Fateful Encounter should not be checked" which means it doesn't recognize it as a mystery gift. Could someone please help me? Link for the mystery gift is here: (snip)

1. This won't be legal if you're using a virtual console savefile (sav.dat) or Generation 7+ save file, as this is a Gen1/2-GameBoy Era only gift.

2. PKHeX doesn't recognize many gen1-3 events, because they aren't serialized into the program. Until the community serializes that data for PKHeX to add, it is up to the individual user to validate the unrecognized mystery gifts.

3 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

1. This won't be legal if you're using a virtual console savefile (sav.dat) or Generation 7+ save file, as this is a Gen1/2-GameBoy Era only gift.

2. PKHeX doesn't recognize many gen1-3 events, because they aren't serialized into the program. Until the community serializes that data for PKHeX to add, it is up to the individual user to validate the unrecognized mystery gifts.

So how can I validate it?

• 10 months later...

Having trouble getting PkHEX to recognise this event. The Zapdos and Articuno in the same event type have no issues, and I can find them in the Gift Database, but when I try and load this, I get the attached error. Is there a way that I can force the event database to recognise the file?

Screenshot 2022-04-28 125740.png

0001 SWSH - Armor Moltres (Galar) Shiny (Square) (2022 April International Competition M).wc8

It’s already available in the dev build.

The current version of PKHeX was released before the Moltres event, so it’s natural it won’t be recognised. Consider adding the wonder card to mgdb, or use the dev build, until a new stable build is released.

Also this area is for event gallery errors, not for PKHeX issues.